Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Sul

Savant
Those Guild Wars 2 concept arts are amazing. They're going to add new races?

Jokes aside I can't belive they changed the elves to humans with pointy ears.

25ssayq.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
So, DraQ, will you be playing this installment of TES? And give the Codex eloquent, detailed reasons how and why it will be dogshit?

I used to be an ES lore enthusiast like you...

NO.
I don't do MMOs.

You should, you're missing out on a lot.
Subscriptions, lack of persistency and retards running around?

I'll pass.

Ok, there are also games like Eve, which seem pretty :obviously: and more or less the best way to make an MMO actually benefit from MMO part, but they still have subscriptions.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"introduction gameplay video"

It looks like shit and there's absolutely 0 innovation! Surprise!

Angthoron

Arcane
Eh. They seem to have some ideas that might be successful. The "Megaserver" thing could be something going for them, and the combat system is at least not copying WoW again. On the other hand, those guys all look like snake oil salesmen so fuck that. Maybe if it's F2P I'll check the trial.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I have a feeling that "Megaservers" and "game placing the players right where they should be" is just their cunning plan to avoid saying "yeah, we'll have multiple zone instances". Other than that, it basically looks like they tore a page or two from GW2's design documentation.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Looks like every other MMO out there.

Such shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If it comes with a free month I'd buy it for like $10 on sale and enjoy it as a mediocre ARPG for 30 days.

Angthoron

Arcane
I have a feeling that "Megaservers" and "game placing the players right where they should be" is just their cunning plan to avoid saying "yeah, we'll have multiple zone instances". Other than that, it basically looks like they tore a page or two from GW2's design documentation.
Pretty much what you just said.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's also a way to avoid having the stigma of creating 50 servers at launch and subsequently shutting down 40 of them a few months later.

xemous

Arcane
this game will blow away world of warcraft upon release. blizzards still stuck in the everquest era; they're a pentium iii with missing parts, bethesdas an overclocked AMD on speed about to rip the head off a horse.

DraQ

Arcane

Angthoron

Arcane
I hope they were being ironic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom