Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The lady of pain on top of the sigil, lots of exciting bosses thrilling trash mobs along the way from the bottom!

R00fles lady of pain is so last expansion, scrub-tier raid material. Everyone knows the Corrupted Lim-Lim Swarm is where all the hardcore players earn their wings.

Xi

Arcane
I would have taken a screenshot, but they tethered my email address across the screen as to identify whoever did such a thing. ;P
It does that even if you use FRAPS/MSI Afterburner/other utilty to take sshots ?

Yes, they overlayed the screen with the user's email address. It's more prominent on the outside, and becomes more transparent toward the middle.

Game Screen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com Douchebagtester@Douchebags.com
(Health) (Stamina)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty ingenious way to do it, baring a user who signed up with an email they don't care about. Still, it allows them to identify whoever violates NDA.

That can fixed with some kind of photo editing program.

Probably, but not without great effort. ;P

Emily

Arcane
nothing wrong with a sub game. Much better then f2p crap. If the game is good that is...

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd prefer a subscription only game myself.. but I can't think of such a game that's come out in the past 8 or 9 years to be honest.. they are all some form of hybrid FTP / item shop nonsense.

I'd rather play a game that sets the monthly subscription level at the price point where they don't need an item shop.

Since none exist.. I'm forced to waste my money on terrible B rated movies.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
HAHAHAHAHAHA. F2P within a year. Surely they already have the contingency F2P worked out... right? The worst will be if the base mechanics don't play well with F2P. It also seems that the only way they understand F2P is to lock out content. F2P change over to be ever more crappy than SWTOR.

Bahamut

Arcane
But i doubt the sinking of TESOtanic will be as much fun to see as TOR was, because people treat bethesda like a retarded kid (their are eighter kind or are retard themeselves), bioware started to gathering shit after DA2 and TOR made just the bubble blow,
but one thing is sure, Bethstapo will have much covert-ops work to do

Drakron

Arcane
nothing wrong with a sub game. Much better then f2p crap. If the game is good that is...

I am going on a limb and ... oh fuck that.

You are fucking retard, subscription doesnt work because subscription was always "fat my account as I do nothing", the glory land of MMO is Asia and they never had a full old time subscription model or if they did it was quickly abandoned in favor of other types, like timecards (you just brought playtime) and the like, right now F2P exists because its the most advantageous one not in terms of monetization alone but rather on the terms it provides BODIES, the issue with SW:TOR was it was a sinking ship and players left ... its still one because they are retarded and are just milking their subscribers until they up with just the diehards that will be playing on the sever since they would not have need more that one shard at that point but that is the main problem, players will NOT be paying $14.99 per month so they do nothing, the real issue is end game or the lack of it and 2-3 months of "nothing to do" means the only things players are doing is subsidizing the developers, not many people would be doing that.

Sub games are dead because they been nothing but a subsidise type of deal, WoW worked in the sense they managed to put at least a new dungeon every 3 months that keep things fresh enough and this is were most WoW killers failed ... no end game or broken end game and nothing new to do after reaching end game.

F2P main problem is the lure of the cash shop and lock boxes at the expense of solving the game current problems, f2p is not "crap" unless your only exposure to them is TOR that is EA milking their own subscribers and not a real attempt at actually trying to get new people into the game or bring back old players.

abija

Prophet
You are fucking retard, subscription doesnt work because subscription was always "fat my account as I do nothing", the glory land of MMO is Asia and they never had a full old time subscription model or if they did it was quickly abandoned in favor of other types, like timecards (you just brought playtime) and the like, right now F2P exists because its the most advantageous one not in terms of monetization alone but rather on the terms it provides BODIES

Considering the sales Skyrim had they would be beyond retarded to not try subscription only at start.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Sure they can try, but a single-player hiking simulator audience doesn't necessarily transform all that well into long-term paying MMO audience.

abija

Prophet
If you have a decent chance at a jackpot why wouldn't you take it? Drawbacks to starting sub and moving to f2p later aren't that big anyway.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This thing having a subscription model is raising my interest in it by far. Sure, a "Pay for your actual playtime" would be better, but this is nowhere to be seen in the near future so I'll take a subscription based model over fucking microtransactions anytime, thank you very much.

Drakron

Arcane
Considering the sales Skyrim had they would be beyond retarded to not try subscription only at start.

Its a different beast, Square Enix did the same mistake with FF XI thinking just name alone would carry it and it didnt even made a impact, the numbers I can find are 200-300k during launch time.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wouldn't mind the subscription model. except they've repeatedly stated their focus on the Elder Scrolls IP, and next gen consoles. These are not normally things people associate with a subscription model. It makes it sound like they have no clear direction with what they are trying to make. Instead of making it B2P and marketing it as they next Elder Scrolls, they are selling the next big P2P MMO now. That's a difference of at least 3 million box sales I'd wager. Where as I would have guessed a B2P model would have sold 8 million boxes, I'm guessing They'll only sell about 5 million now. I don't think the content at launch will justify a retention rate to make up the difference. They should have just focused on getting as many players to buy boxes, and then sold a ridiculous amount of overpriced DLC. After all, that's what console gamers are used to throwing their money at. On top of all that, the game looks nowhere near finished in it's current state, and I highly suspect the initial release will not be pretty.

First day purchase.

:smug:

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'm sure they have a contingency plan for the inevitable f2p transition. I agree that the release probably won't go well. Bethesda games are known for being horribly buggy at launch, and MMOs are known to have a lot of issues that most of the console players won't be suspecting. The butthurt shall be glorious.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think it will flop as soon as TOR, but I think it might go down as the worse game in the long run. Its only real chance is the PvP, and we all know how hard that will be to pull off.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Can't wait for console releases and that butthurt.

Want to play multiplayer at all? PAY MONTHLY FOR THE PRIVILEGE!
Want to play TESO? PAY MONTHLY FOR THE PRIVILEGE!

I foresee it going F2P within a year. It's quite obvious the publishers have caught on to the ideal moneymaking formula - release an MMO with box cost and subscription fee only to turn it B2P or F2P a year later and reap those profits as well. Naturally, that's not factoring in how every MMO that goes F2P is perceived as a failure by the public.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This thing having a subscription model is raising my interest in it by far.

They just want to milk as much as possible money from TES fans before they realize how shitty the game is, just like what happened with TOR.

Delterius

Arcane

Its a different beast, Square Enix did the same mistake with FF XI thinking just name alone would carry it and it didnt even made a impact, the numbers I can find are 200-300k during launch time.
And, according to Square, it was still the most profitable of the series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom