Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Xenich

Cipher
I swear, as the years go buy, it is like society has contracted a disease that is making them ridiculously stupid.

"Hey folks, its the new crazy addictive game out! You see, what you do is... touch your forehead to gain points... but don't worry if you don't touch it, you still gain the same points!" Brilliant, fucking BRILLIANT! Humanity needs a fucking bullet to the head! /sigh

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Which one of you is this?

I like to play Redguard because of the Lore behind them, but I really can't believe this game is forcing all Redguards to have a very SPECIFIC look (big lower lip, darker skin, african/black ethnicity hair choices). I always try to develop my characters around an idea or story I loved. The Redguard is basically nullified for me because of the lack of choices to allow for a person to create a non-ethnic looking Redguard.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Which one of you is this?

I like to play Redguard because of the Lore behind them, but I really can't believe this game is forcing all Redguards to have a very SPECIFIC look (big lower lip, darker skin, african/black ethnicity hair choices). I always try to develop my characters around an idea or story I loved. The Redguard is basically nullified for me because of the lack of choices to allow for a person to create a non-ethnic looking Redguard.

He must be that crazy orc khajiit trapped in the body of an orc you meet in Ald Daedroth :smug:

Mortmal

Arcane
PXD4DAWAPGP4PLL5HCWK

If anyone want to try , Its not nearly as bad as what i expected, if you like skyrim you will like this.Although the multiplayer part is questionable, so far i never had the need to interact with other players at all.

Data4

Arcane
SpGHTWN.jpg

:dance:

Link? I need to see the responses to that. I need to know that someone, some how was able to tell this person what a complete and total fucktard they are before the Princess Stomper effect kicked in. I need to know there's got to be a grain of sanity left in this world, however small it may be.

LOLEDIT Found it. I wish he was challenged more. I wanted to see if someone was going to take him to task and see if he was actually referring to shit like Better Bodies or some kind of Loverslab "fuck me in the ass with a nirnroot" kind of mod vs. standard MMO UI mods.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Caved in and tried to play it again this morning, fuck this shit is horrible. The UI, the look of the game... all of it screams CONSOLE. Its such a disappointment, not unexpected tho.

Mortmal

Arcane
Added waifus ? i think not , not seen any provided with the game . You will have to bring them yourselves or exchange your ring of mara with fellow codexers....

Lerk

Learned
Just played a few hours with a friend who gave me an invite, got to level 6 and Daggerfall before I could stomach no more. It's unbelievably bland. The UI, control scheme, and partitioned leveling areas are painfully obvious concessions to consoie limitations. Even more damaging than the tasteless lore-rape evident, is the complete lack of an open world. I could go on, and on, but I can feel the bile rising just thinking about it.

The best thing about it my entire time with it was John Cleese voicing the mad guy in Coldharbour. Is he really that hard up for money though? :( Oh, and it is well optimised. I couldn't believe this is the same engine powering TOR, sure it must've had a few upgrades since Bioware bought the Hero license. So there is that.

TL;DR: Shit Sandwich. :keepmymoney:

Last edited:

bledcarrot

Educated
I played most of yesterday. It's basically what I expected. It improves on Skyrim pretty much everywhere, in the UI, crafting, range of items, bosses etc. They've done a good job of making it easy to group up with strangers and it can be satisfying to take down difficult bosses with a couple of other people but multiplayer interaction seems pretty much limited to that. They've also done a good job balancing fast travel and respawn costs. Basically you can fast travel to any discovered waypoint shrines for 60 gold, but immediately after you've done so further fast travel costs 300 or something and ticks back down over time to the 60 again. When you die you can choose to respawn at the nearest waypoint (voiding the current quest/dungeon) and cop some durability damage to your equipped items (yes there is item degradation, another improvement over Skyrim), which you have to pay someone to repair, or you can choose to respawn where you are (mid dungeon or whatever) for the cost of a soul gem. All in all I think both of those are pretty good ways of punishing death and dealing with fast travel.

The biggest improvement by far is the UI, which feels much less console targeted. I really had few issues with it tbh. It's also a much more interesting world to explore, what I've seen so far. Not a snowflake in sight.

Overall I had some fun with it, but improvements aside it suffers from all the same problems as Skyrim, the big one being the spoon fed questing. There's just no satisfaction. That, coupled with the only multiplayer interaction really coming in the form of grouped battles, means it's not something I'd be paying month to month for. But judging from the reactions of other players, it's going to do very well.

Lerk

Learned
:troll: I enjoyed this...

They've also done a good job balancing fast travel and respawn costs. Basically you can fast travel to any discovered waypoint shrines for 60 gold, but immediately after you've done so further fast travel costs 300 or something and ticks back down over time to the 60 again. When you die you can choose to respawn at the nearest waypoint (voiding the current quest/dungeon) and cop some durability damage to your equipped items (yes there is item degradation, another improvement over Skyrim), which you have to pay someone to repair, or you can choose to respawn where you are (mid dungeon or whatever) for the cost of a soul gem. All in all I think both of those are pretty good ways of punishing death and dealing with fast travel.

...but then you went too far:

The biggest improvement by far is the UI, which feels much less console targeted.

:hmmm:

Avellion

Erudite
My brother is playing the beta out of sheer boredom (not that the thing helps solving his boredom in the slightest but whatever), and he has shared me a bit of cringeworthy stuff.

• There is an important mage or something named Cheesemonger... yeah cheesemonger.
  • Daedric hearts are worth exactly 21 gold, just as much as common bones.
  • Most quests have some sort of hint attached to them, no matter how painfully obvious it is.
  • His character has never even touched cast a single spell, yet, he is a member of the mage's guild.
  • Appearantly feedback on landing hits is really random, at times you will hear sounds indicating you hit something, sometimes the animals will even flinch a bit, sometimes it will look and sound like you just hit empty air, minus the fact that the enemy life bar went down.

Lerk

Learned
My redguard dragonknight could hit mobs BEHIND HIM with forward sword thrusts. Zenimax, solving the problems of controller targetting, one derp at a time.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom