Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Whiran

Magister
The next beta test will be this coming weekend: starts Friday, February 28th at noon Eastern and goes until Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59pm eastern.

This time the beta won't be under NDA so screenshots and videos are allowed (and encouraged).

Everyone who was in the previous Betas should have gotten a Friend beta test code. I did at least.

I haven't decided if I'll play in this weekend's "test" since I've, more or less, done everything I wanted to in the game. I am somewhat curious about the PVP element but I don't think that I am interested enough to actually bother with the logging in and the like. I think that says everything about my view of the game. ;)

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The worst thing coming to my mind while looking at this is how instulting the lore-rapes are. And not just to oldfags and fanbase, but to people actually involved in creative steps in the former games (obviously I'm not talking about Oblivion here) and what made TES3, well, magical. I'm not naive enough to think that they'll make Morrowind again, but it constantly reminds me of what Lucas did to the original trilogy - throwing so much shit on the screen it becomes boring instantly.

I can't even care anymore about TES, I think, I'm completely indifferent, let it rot.
Any juicy examples to enjoy?

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a temple of chim. If you steal the elder scroll of chim from the temple of chim, you get a 5% attack/defence bonus for your alliance.

Avellion

Erudite
The worst thing coming to my mind while looking at this is how instulting the lore-rapes are. And not just to oldfags and fanbase, but to people actually involved in creative steps in the former games (obviously I'm not talking about Oblivion here) and what made TES3, well, magical. I'm not naive enough to think that they'll make Morrowind again, but it constantly reminds me of what Lucas did to the original trilogy - throwing so much shit on the screen it becomes boring instantly.

I can't even care anymore about TES, I think, I'm completely indifferent, let it rot.
Any juicy examples to enjoy?
Gonna put it in a spoiler tag so those who don't want to see the lore rape don't have to see it.

Moon sugar is candy, also,
4y4x.jpg

Whiran

Magister
Is this beta on or what? It was supposed to start at 12 pm and it still tells me it's not currently in session.
Noon eastern time.

So two hours from when this is posted.

Edited to add: for the last two testing periods they opened their servers early.

i got another invitation for beta this weekend. last time i gave up after around 5 hours. i am not even going to bother this time:rpgcodex:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
There's a temple of chim. If you steal the elder scroll of chim from the temple of chim, you get a 5% attack/defence bonus for your alliance.

How long till it respawns.
This is important.

"Hurry, with the passing of time indecision soon becomes decision!"

Oh man, the Prophet is so wise. I love all the double-speak he constantly does. "You must rescue me, and I must rescue you." Feels like I'm back in FF9 with those two weird little imps.

Also, Half-Giant Tyris? What? Bitch you better be able to pick up a club and smack Daedra over the horizon. If you don't get out of Oblivion and immediately herd the nearest Mammoth I will be very disappoint.

Mage combat straight out of Dragon Age 2.

Last edited:
I like how they gave away all those beta keys because nobody actually wanted to play that shit. Geez, I wonder why.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom