Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Imperial Racials have been revealed

http://esohead.com/races/10-imperial

Wow, it is clear they didnt even try.
Red Diamond I
Melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 2 Health

Did the Covenant between Akatosh and Alessia turn the Imperials into vampires?

EDIT: Actually that may not be so stupid and random as I first thought, if the Amulet of Kings is in the possesion of some Molag Bal-allied dude, which it very well could be from my limited knowledge of this game's plot.

Btw, did you notice how the nodes and roads around the center form a Star of David? Zionmax gonna zion, I guess.

Heh.

For people who can't be bothered to watch the video:

6dQRdkd.png

Way to be subtle, ZionMax! 3 alliances all fight through the Star of David to reach Jew Gold Tower and crown an Emperor of Tamriel, aka Top Jew. :keepmyjewgold:

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
So is this going to be TORtanic's unofficial sequel?

On the (somewhat) bright side, this means that people won't need to wait all that long until they'll be able to grab (parts of) the game for free.

7/10

Learned
TOR was doing quite well, last time I checked. I wouldn't be surprised if Zenimax was already planning a switch to F2P at some point in the future. It's the rational thing to do - make people pay 50 bucks for the box and then squeeze $15 a month out of them for as long as you can. Once the player population drops beneath a certain treshold, you switch to F2P to get your profits back to where they were before.

Avellion

Erudite

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So, being an imperial, you're pretty much the enemy of everyone else? Or it works some other way?

+ about Angry Joe video: "Death is very unforgiving in this game" - LMAO. He clearly havent played UO back in the good ol' days. Or SWG.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Of course. I will probably buy it when it's $5 (with a free month subscription) and play it as a crappy single player extension of Skyrim.

Delterius

Arcane
I hope I can contribute to you gent's gloating with some funnies from p4r.
ZeniMax Lifts Elder Scrolls Online NDA in the Hopes of Finding One Person Who Likes the Game
by Jack · February 16, 2014

In order to raise the morale of staff working on The Elder Scrolls Online, ZeniMax has removed the non-disclosure agreement in the hopes of finding someone who actually enjoys playing the game.

alsoaboutasfun.jpg

(...)

“It’s hard to figure out if someone is being genuine when they say they like the combat in the game,” explained Firor, “When someone compares it to Skyrim, do they mean it’s just as bad as Skyrim‘s combat or is it just as good as Skyrim‘s combat. Then we have to figure out if they’re just joking when they think Skyrim‘s combat is good. We just have no way of telling what their real feelings are.”

Source

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Skyrim was bad and boring and so was Oblivion. I automatically discounted this as it's an MMO, but it looks like shit regardless. I wonder if will go FtP as quickly as SWTOR did.

Avellion

Erudite
Skyrim was bad and boring and so was Oblivion. I automatically discounted this as it's an MMO, but it looks like shit regardless. I wonder if will go FtP as quickly as SWTOR did.
Considering that it took SWTOR almost a year to go f2p and the new norm for a newly launched p2p mmo to go f2p is roughly 6 months my answer would have to be.

No, it will go even faster.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mastermind http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/18/apparently-we-wont-hear-about-fallout-4-for-a-while/

So then, it’ll be “a while.” But what about all that voice casting stuff? Well, somewhat ironically, that’s where Howard clammed up. There is some good news, though. PC has reclaimed its spot at the forefront of gaming’s charge into the future, and Bethesda has absolutely taken notice.

“PC is resurgent,” enthused Howard. “Skyrim did better than we’ve ever done on PC by a large, large number. And that’s where the mods are. That feeds the game for a long time. And it’s exciting that the new consoles are very PC-like. That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we’ve wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we’re working on right now, and it’s like, ‘Wow, I think there’s potential here to do some really cool stuff.’”

I knew it! Rumors about this have been going around in the gaming industry for a long time now.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mastermind http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/18/apparently-we-wont-hear-about-fallout-4-for-a-while/

So then, it’ll be “a while.” But what about all that voice casting stuff? Well, somewhat ironically, that’s where Howard clammed up. There is some good news, though. PC has reclaimed its spot at the forefront of gaming’s charge into the future, and Bethesda has absolutely taken notice.

“PC is resurgent,” enthused Howard. “Skyrim did better than we’ve ever done on PC by a large, large number. And that’s where the mods are. That feeds the game for a long time. And it’s exciting that the new consoles are very PC-like. That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we’ve wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we’re working on right now, and it’s like, ‘Wow, I think there’s potential here to do some really cool stuff.’”

I knew it! Rumors about this have been going around in the gaming industry for a long time now.

It doesn't actually say PC did better than consoles. Hopefully this means future games will at least have a proper PC interface instead of consolized shit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It doesn't actually say PC did better than consoles. Hopefully this means future games will at least have a proper PC interface instead of consolized shit.

They didn't even put a proper PC interface into their MMO. This is not going to happen.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Todd is most likely thinking of new ways to exploit the modding community. Perhaps the next Elder Scrolls will be a Garry's Mod sort of thing.
Getting mods onto consoles is the obvious next step, preferably repackaged as DLC or some sort of subscription service. Give the modders a small cut of the income like Valve does with their TF2 item shop, and everyone's happy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom