Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Angthoron

Arcane
But did they do anything to make it less boring?

I threw out the beta, then a friend asked me to come level with him last weekend, so I reinstalled and couldn't bring myself to launch the goddamned thing.

Didn't help that the friend got bored fifteen minutes in and didn't bother with logging in after that, too.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

They are trying to do something about that by automatically skipping the starter islands for new players. In the new patch, you get dumped straight into the first big area.

It takes some guts to admit that the first 4-5 hours of your $200,000,000 MMO are so boring that the only fix is to cut those hours out of the main progression and keep them as optional content for 100%ers.

Angthoron

Arcane

They are trying to do something about that by automatically skipping the starter islands for new players. In the new patch, you get dumped straight into the first big area.

It takes some guts to admit that the first 4-5 hours of your $200,000,000 MMO are so boring that the only fix is to cut those hours out of the main progression and keep them as optional content for 100%ers.
I'd rather they cut the starter dungeon. It's so fucking boring and shitly designed that I can't see myself EVER doing it twice, even if it might take a whole 5 minutes to complete.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The argument between the look of ESO vs GW2 is like the argument between classic cinematography and orange/teal over saturated cinematography. ESO only feels washed out and bland because WoW, GW2 and Wildstar are.. let's just say abundantly colorful. I actually thought the look of ESO was its strongest point.

fAScia.jpg

Pale shade of your regular (level 1) self joins a mass prison escape in a plane of Oblivion, mowing down Flame Atronachs and stepping over the corpses of slain Dremoras.

Remember when you stayed away from any kind of Daedra, even Scamps, until you were kitted out and leveled in Morrowind? Yeah they've finally completed the trek to the opposite end of the spectrum.

Angthoron

Arcane
So let me get this straight - the rest of the game has that same art/colour direction?

Haha.

As for kicking daedric ass - this is the SECOND AGE, deal with it. You're AN GRATE HERO and everyone else is AN GRATE HEROS.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
All of the end game takes place in the same realm as the starter dungeon.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yes. You invade the realm together with the Fighters Guild and Mage Guild (there are even guild buildings over there) and grind rep with them by fighting the demons. They haven't offically released the details yet, but the in-game achievements are pretty clear.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Like I said: cash grab. They'll make a nice profit off of box sales alone.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It'll probably be a soft failure, one that they'd of probably prepared for after the catastrophe that was TOR. Chances are they'll make a good profit off of the box sales, and have plans to slowly transition it to a F2P model if the subscription model doesn't pan out for them.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
So from what I understand the MMO plays time wise before any of the other Elder Scrolls games, right?
Will there be any dwarfs then?

bledcarrot

Educated
Also, the amount of bugged quests in this beta is just unreal, half the content was near impossible to complete due to bosses either not spawning or other missed triggers. Unless their own internal beta is a very different beast, the salty tears will flow come release.

I was surprised at this too. It was bad enough that it bugged out every other time you entered dialogue or the crafting screens and you had to /reloadUI repeatedly, but the quest bugs in the limited content that actually was available were numerous. I mean the whole beta weekend was basically to drum up hype for the game. Not exactly selling it well when the small portion you actually show your potential marketplace is crippled.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No, the first Age of Expansion featured the founding of the Thieves guild, while the second featured the sudden appearance of the Dark Brotherhood. The third Age of Expansion however, that's when the Dwemer came back.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WoW was very buggy on its initial release. Of course... that was 9+ years ago and technology has come along way since then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom