Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really the only thing that annoys me about mmo's this bad is that they don't fail hard enough, to make the most satisfying drama.

Angthoron

Arcane
Really the only thing that annoys me about mmo's this bad is that they don't fail hard enough, to make the most satisfying drama.
You have consumer society to thank for that.

Now, if we lived in a proper corporate tyranny* dystopia, a proper failure would see some public TV executions, riots in the street, and hackers spreading the truth.

Edit: Or a tranny utopia, for that matter.

Avellion

Erudite
You pay for the age of decline by paying for crap like this, you get the age of decline (and drag everyone else along with you).

imweasel

I enjoy an MMORPG once in a while myself and decided to take TESO for a whirl.

It is pure fucking shit. And it has a console UI too, which makes it even shittier than it already is.

John_Blazze

Augur
The funny thing to me is that Zenimax could easily make a more open world MMO from the start (just an open world, not sandbox) and TES fans would probably be spazzing over it, even though it would be the same shit.
Instead they have gaming sites complaining about how much this isn't Skyrim because you get killed by a mudcrab if you wander off too far.

For fucks sake, WoW feels more open world.

Akratus

Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For fucks sake, WoW feels more open world.

wide-eyed-shock-gif.gif

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I enjoy an MMORPG once in a while myself and decided to take TESO for a whirl.

It is pure fucking shit. And it has a console UI too, which makes it even shittier than it already is.

I hope the shit is flushed down the toilet soon.

Akratus

Patron
The only mmo worth playing at this point (besides eve online) is ToR. Because it's not an mmo.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

CAN IT BE TRUE?

FINAL BETA EVENT THIS WEEKEND

PLAY AS AN IMPERIAL AND JOIN ANY FACTION!!!!

EDIT - IT'S TRUE:

This weekend, you will have access to the items contained in the Imperial Edition and the Explorer’s Pack, plus you’ll be joined by a pet monkey while on your journey!

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

CAN IT BE TRUE?

FINAL BETA EVENT THIS WEEKEND

PLAY AS AN IMPERIAL AND JOIN ANY FACTION!!!!

EDIT - IT'S TRUE:

This weekend, you will have access to the items contained in the Imperial Edition and the Explorer’s Pack, plus you’ll be joined by a pet monkey while on your journey!
yes, true got the same email with invitation to play as imperial. i did not even use last invitation to beta+M they must be in desperation mode to pull that shit off

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
WOW GUYS LET'S PLAY TESO AGAIN
THE SAME SHITTY CONTENT
WITH A NEW SHITTY CLASS
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR
ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY
UNLESS YOU BUY OUR SHIT

Whiran

Magister
WOW GUYS LET'S PLAY TESO AGAIN
THE SAME SHITTY CONTENT
WITH A NEW SHITTY CLASS
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR
ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY
UNLESS YOU BUY OUR SHIT
You make it sound so good with all the CAPITAL LETTERS.

#ESOHYPELIVES

7/10

Learned
PICK YOUR IMPERIAL EDITION TODAY AND JOIN ANY OF THE GAME'S NONDESCRIPT FACTIONS AS A GENERIC WHITE HUMAN FOR ONLY $100 AND $15 A MONTH!

Angthoron

Arcane
SUP TESOPHILES!!!

COMING DOWN TO ESO
GONNA HAVE MYSELF A TIME

BORING QUESTING EVERYWHERE
CRAPPY LOOT WITHOUT SALVATION

GOING DOWN TO ESO
REPRESENT EMPIRE NOW

GLOWING TEXTURES DAY OR NIGHT
SHITTY STARTING BORING DUNGEON

HEADING ON TO ESO
GONNA HAVE A MONKEY NOW

Servo

Arcane
I can't wait until this game comes out so I can listen to everybody bitch about how terrible it is, and how they totally saw it coming.

Seriously, why do you people keep buying games?

Angthoron

Arcane
I think there was only one guy in this thread that thinks of buying this massive pile of lulz.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
He's using Skyway'ian logic of "There is a thread about a game so codex is D1P'ing it like sheeple they are".

Last edited:

bledcarrot

Educated
I can't wait until this game comes out so I can listen to everybody bitch about how terrible it is, and how they totally saw it coming.

Seriously, why do you people keep buying games?
you don't sign up to the Codex to buy games :) you sign up to complain about them. and to register for the sales thread notifications so you can buy them at a price that won't shame you back in to /vr/ servitude.

John_Blazze

Augur
Or you might think "Hey! A site about RPG's! I like RPG's! I bet the people here are not racist, homophobic, mysogynistic, bathtub girl loving, jew hating transsexuals with too many issues to list at all! Let me sign up!"

I bet that's it in most cases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom