Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The only PvP is Guild Wars 2/DAoC style World vs. World in Cyrodiil. No arenas or regular world PvP. I really like that, it focusses the game on the PvE aspects that have been the core of the series since Morrowind.

7/10

Learned
The game currently has less Twitch viewers than Hearthstone. New MMO releases usually have tons of viewers for the first few days. This might suggest the game will be a trainwreck of epic proportions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only PvP is Guild Wars 2/DAoC style World vs. World in Cyrodiil. No arenas or regular world PvP. I really like that, it focusses the game on the PvE aspects that have been the core of the series since Morrowind.
Goddammit Bubbles, :5/5::4/5:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Smooth launch yes no lag or logging queues, but i've never seen such amounts of bugs , that in the starting areas, in any mmo ever.Had to restart that balreth quest several times , logged in logged out , and then when completed there was no more portal to exit the instance.Joy joy...

Probably has to do with the fact it's in Early Access period. Game proper hasn't launched yet.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
World PvP would indeed be glorious. There's no game on the market with good open PvP at the moment. Farming roleplayers on the megaserver and enjoying their tears afterwards would be my number one priority.

John_Blazze

Augur
So I've bought this restrictive online hiking simulator. I have too much free time on my hands and am tired of replaying my favourite or KKKodex Approved™ games at the moment.

I get that the lore rape is in full effect here, but I hoped to see something that at least resembles the landscape of Morrowind (main reason I bought this actually) and so far only thing I see are the fucking oversized mushrooms.
Im in Stonefalls and have yet to see any Dunmer looking architecture. Everything looks Imperial.
I never read up on any lore outside the games, since it's piss poor and barely holds up in the series, but shouldn't Stonefalls look more like Vvanderfell in terms of architecure?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
YOU HAVE BEEN JOINED WITH SIR SCIMITAR

RPGs IN 2014 GENTLEMEN AND LADIES-THAT-USED-TO-BE-GENTLEMEN

ss_54025d04c1c2c77e3a8524bb313bfe7c92958bbd.1920x1080.jpg

Lerk

Learned
So what I got from this thread is that Ritual of Mara is the first MMO depiction of bukkake?

set

Arcane
Stunning? It looks more generic than the Skyrim version... and it was already super generic, tiny and drab.

Lerk

Learned
I love how Bubbles is straight up trolling his ass off in this thread and people are still biting :salute:

He is trolling, right? RIGHT?

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The looks of the game isn't its problem. It's actually quite pretty so far.

It's the amazingly dull gameplay. The quests are OMG boring, worse than your typical step-and-fetchit MMO timewasters, and the combat is so far detached you might as well be playing Nerfbat to the cottonball derby.

But, it's a new MMO and what the fuck else am I going to do with my time?

:negative:

Mortmal

Arcane
Smooth launch yes no lag or logging queues, but i've never seen such amounts of bugs , that in the starting areas, in any mmo ever.Had to restart that balreth quest several times , logged in logged out , and then when completed there was no more portal to exit the instance.Joy joy...

Probably has to do with the fact it's in Early Access period. Game proper hasn't launched yet.

Wont see much difference in 5 days, now my friend is pissed off, logging out of disgusts after too many bugged quests.I understand why their official forums are so minimalist, they absolutely dont want people to use them and report the state of the game.

set

Arcane
I honestly never understood the appeal of big cities, fuck, cities in general. There should just be one city for each faction; you need to get people to congregate to make MMO magic happen. If everyone fucks off to their own little corners/instances all you've done is create a massive... and pointless lobby for a dungeon crawler.

Players should be the ones to give life to cities, and the developers should be there to help them do it; but naturally, TESO is like any other themepark MMO - the world is static and flat and the most interaction you're going to get is "NPC here with ! over their head" or "chair you can sit down in" and if you're lucky "NPC shouting something in local chat", but even that was a rarity in WoW.

Of course, in a themepark MMO, smaller towns have no purpose beyond being questing hubs for the leveling up process (and who cares about that if all it takes is 24~ hours of gametime to reach max level). In more true-to-form MMOs, each cityscape/town has its own purpose, be it for trading, storing your items, pvp, or restocking during travel...

But I'm just rambling for no reason; we expected this. Zenimax made TESO under the idea that, "Hey, Skyrim sold like fresh cheap hookers. And hey, you know, WoW makes lots of money every year on subs?" I guess they thought they could merge the two, or something... who knows what they were thinking, but it certainly had nothing to do with making a genuinely good title.

I feel like such an idiot for even wasting my words on this game. Who cares? Nobody in the industry, that's for sure; and the common gamer? What do they care? As long as they get their instant gratification they'll settle for $100+ to play a crappy MMO for a few months, perhaps in the vain hope of capturing some nostalgic tingle in their groin. And so the cycle continues.

Last edited:

Stokowski

Arcane
I see they've rearranged their forums so it is more difficult to have a centralised bitching location. Smart move. :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom