Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Direwolf

Arcane
After careful consideration, I have decided to post a video of THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT in this thread. I feel that watching this video may deprive the adventurers of Tamriel of one of the richest and most stimulating experiences in the entire game; on the other hand, this fight is pure, unadulterated awesome, and deserves to be viral on youtube and trending on twitter for all eternity:

That looks terrible. Average trash mob in Wildstar feels more like a boss than this shit.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The opening cutscene is finally finished and available for public consumption. It's literally the first thing you see in the game, so spoiler potential is minimal.

In terms of production values and cool factor, this is the best TES opening yet.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yet more news! This one is especially exciting for the old school Codex crowd - feast your eyes... ON THIS:

noRZiiG.jpg

Eyeball

Arcane
Watched the Molag Bal bossfight video. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between this and any other motherfucking MMO made in the past decade.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
wassup? I watch utube #2 n fo hole hour that same thing - what do now?
I can sing a same song now too! Kewl

imweasel

ZeniMax Debunks Elder Scrolls Online 200M Budget Rumor: We Couldn’t Have Wasted That Much Money

In a statement from ZeniMax Online Studios, the developers behind The Elder Scrolls Online, they have denied a claim that the game cost 200 million dollars to make saying that there was no way they could have put that much money into the game.

The claim came from a tweet that was quickly deleted earlier today. Many players have expressed their dissatisfaction with the game and pointed to the rumored excessive budget as proof of the game’s complete mismanagement. Game director Matt Firor explained in an interview today that the game definitely did not cost 200 million dollars to make.

“If we really did waste 200 million dollars to make this game, then we would have been fired already for incompetence,” said Firor, “When you look at The Elder Scrolls Online, you don’t see a 200 million dollar game. In fact, feedback from our beta testers have stated that based on the game’s quality, not a lot of money was put into it. This clearly points to how much effort went into the game. ”

“So let’s pretend that we actually did spend 200 million dollars on the game, people would be banging on our doors to play The Elder Scrolls Online which is not the case,” continued Firor, “So I don’t see how people could even imagine that we would sink 200 million dollars into this game. I’m not entirely sure what people would expect from a 200 million dollar game in the first place, but I can tell you that it’s definitely not The Elder Scrolls Online.”

“Without the nondisclosure agreement, I’m sure hundreds of gamers would be backing me up right now,” remarked Firor, “In fact, everyone breaking the agreement to say that this game is bad is clearly a person you should just ignore.”

We attempted to reach Bethesda, publishers of the The Elder Scrolls series, for a comment regarding this rumor; however, a representative for the company told us that they have never heard of a game called The Elder Scrolls Online.
Source

:lol:

Emily

Arcane
After careful consideration, I have decided to post a video of THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT in this thread. I feel that watching this video may deprive the adventurers of Tamriel of one of the richest and most stimulating experiences in the entire game; on the other hand, this fight is pure, unadulterated awesome, and deserves to be viral on youtube and trending on twitter for all eternity:

This is just too much, i cannot believe just how bad this is

set

Arcane
ZeniMax Debunks Elder Scrolls Online 200M Budget Rumor: We Couldn’t Have Wasted That Much Money

In a statement from ZeniMax Online Studios, the developers behind The Elder Scrolls Online, they have denied a claim that the game cost 200 million dollars to make saying that there was no way they could have put that much money into the game.

The claim came from a tweet that was quickly deleted earlier today. Many players have expressed their dissatisfaction with the game and pointed to the rumored excessive budget as proof of the game’s complete mismanagement. Game director Matt Firor explained in an interview today that the game definitely did not cost 200 million dollars to make.

“If we really did waste 200 million dollars to make this game, then we would have been fired already for incompetence,” said Firor, “When you look at The Elder Scrolls Online, you don’t see a 200 million dollar game. In fact, feedback from our beta testers have stated that based on the game’s quality, not a lot of money was put into it. This clearly points to how much effort went into the game. ”

“So let’s pretend that we actually did spend 200 million dollars on the game, people would be banging on our doors to play The Elder Scrolls Online which is not the case,” continued Firor, “So I don’t see how people could even imagine that we would sink 200 million dollars into this game. I’m not entirely sure what people would expect from a 200 million dollar game in the first place, but I can tell you that it’s definitely not The Elder Scrolls Online.”

“Without the nondisclosure agreement, I’m sure hundreds of gamers would be backing me up right now,” remarked Firor, “In fact, everyone breaking the agreement to say that this game is bad is clearly a person you should just ignore.”

We attempted to reach Bethesda, publishers of the The Elder Scrolls series, for a comment regarding this rumor; however, a representative for the company told us that they have never heard of a game called The Elder Scrolls Online.
Source

That is the weirdest PR statement I have ever read in my life. Who approved that? And who would believe that tripe? Well, maybe that's a dumb question, I'm sure anyone interested in TESMMO at this point would believe anything.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Source

That is the weirdest PR statement I have ever read in my life. Who approved that? And who would believe that tripe? Well, maybe that's a dumb question, I'm sure anyone interested in TESMMO at this point would believe anything.

That's not real. P4rgaming is a satire website ;)

Angthoron

Arcane

Source

It's P4R, man. The materials they receive are the ones that level up the game journalism.

That's not real. P4rgaming is a satire website ;)

Well, actually they do have a couple of serious articles, usually having to do with bashing Polygon, as well as a couple of news that sound so retarded that they should be parodies but actually aren't - case in point being the article on Dungeon Keeper that sounded like a joke but was actually all true.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Source

Really? Same way Bioware's James Ohlen prophesied TOR would have 500 planets by 2025? And that one isn't P4R at work, he actually said that. :hero:

“If we really did waste 200 million dollars to make this game, then we would have been fired already for incompetence,” said Firor, “When you look at The Elder Scrolls Online, you don’t see a 200 million dollar game.”

You can say that again.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Imperial Edition Early Access has been a huge success, no server issues at all despite hundreds of thousands of players. Here's a launch day pic:

KNFd8Dt.jpg

This is very likely going to be the biggest MMO launch yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom