Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sure, but group based grinding wasn't supposed to be faster than single player questing and exploration.
It's amazing to me these retards couldn't figure this out when WoW and other MMO's had a working calculus for it over a decade ago. What the fuck have they been doing all these years developing the game? Now... I'm no MMO developer but shouldn't things like the experience curve and grouping be... oh... in the top five or so systems you spend time perfecting and not some last minute afterthought? Guess they were too busy adding in-game weddings and E-Larp towns and villages.

Twierdza_Smutku_Online.jpg
Lusty mudcrab loremaster, part 1

- Hey, we need to throw something Morrowindish into our game, guys! - yelled Lawrence Schick, concerned greatly.
- How about a story? - replied one of the loremasters.
- No, no, something more visual! Let's go with mushrooms in Mournhold!
- But they're huge! It could take us all night!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I like the arhitecture in that picture (could be less spiky) but the mushrooms look like something out of a children's book.

Bahamut

Arcane
It looks like they dont know how morrowind mushrooms looked, because they just added an oversized "normal" mushroom,

also screw TESO Almalexia, this will be the shit

DraQ

Arcane
My, I'm handsome:

2zznudl.jpg
I see they've finally got Slof on the team.
:troll:

Doesn't make any sense.
Modern MMOs in a nutshell.
:hero:

Wow, Bubbles really went full retard in this thread.
Fixed.

DraQ the Morrowind maniac should chime in and tell us if this is dumb or not. Also, Johnnyboy, be a good Blazze and post some screenshots of the Imperial-looking architecture. I'll be keeping my pitchfork ready!
I'm still in my freaking out at Ebonheart Pact phase.
Don't see myself getting over it soon.
Or ever.

Border/near border settlements are probably going to have influences and Kragenmoor is pretty much on the border, the look and feel of the mainland has also not been set as of the main series, so the best gauge is what makes sense in the context of what was already established.

Which is the reason why Ebonheart Pact is so
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

in the first place.

There are no traces of Imperial architecture in Dunmer lands. He's talking out of his ass because he thinks Dunmer = bug shell houses.

Ordinator_TESO.jpg

Twierdza_Smutku_Online.jpg

This kind of architecture is predominant. Imperial as fuck, eh?. I guess John_Blazze never reached Mournhold in his Morrowind playthrough...

TR-place-Mournhold,_Godsreach.jpg
Actually it looks like trying to recreate Indoril architecture based on incomplete sketches and patching the holes with WoW and Disney.
:hearnoevil:

:lol: Dungeon clearing is an exploit.
Just like Guild Wars 2, this is just gonna end up making a lot of mistakes over and over again.
I recall the devs of GW2 also panicked when they realized the players are clearing their 'hard' dungeons selectively, picking only on the 'easiest' segment, collect reward and leave to reset.

Why is this the 'wrong' behavior?
How does this harm the game?
Nobody knows.
But they saw fit to nerf it totally and made dungeon 100% clearing mandatory to claim your rewards.

So the casuals reaction were horrors while the hardcore crowd manned up and went in again, quickly clearing their OVERALL easiest dungeon twice, thrice, or more every hour.

THIS RUINZ MAH ECONOMY - A dev must've cried...
So now you gain diminishing return if you raid the same dungeon too much.
50%, 25% 12% 6% .....

You get the idea.
SO TESO PLAYERS...STOP THIS RIGHT NAO.
STOP REPEATING FOR THE SAKE OF GAINING IN GAME REWARDS
THIS IS THE WRONG WAY TO PLAY!
Themepark design making no sense?
:what:
Why, I never!

John_Blazze

Augur
There are no traces of Imperial architecture in Dunmer lands. He's talking out of his ass because he thinks Dunmer = bug shell houses.
Yeah... I clearly meant bugshell houses...

big_vivec.jpg

Morrowind%202009-07-08%2019-58-11-31.jpg

Idiot.

This kind of architecture is predominant. Imperial as fuck, eh?. I guess John_Blazze never reached Mournhold in his Morrowind playthrough...

Ok, my bad. I admit. One can easily forget one city, it's been 12 years.

But I'm seeing none of what looks like southern Vvardenfell in Stonefalls, which is fairly close to it.

EDIT: I assumed those buildings in Ebonheart are Imperial because in Morrowind it was an Imperial city. My bad agian I guess.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
EDIT: I assumed those buildings in Ebonheart are Imperial because in Morrowind it was an Imperial city. My bad agian I guess.

You can argue that all cities are Imperial, because Imperials make up a large part of every faction and the Emperor can be of any race.

By the way, servers have been down for maintenance for 7 hours now, presumably to fix this bug:

The system message went out about them disabling in-game mail, my client crashed, and when I logged back in I was in SOMEONE ELSES account. I was completely in their account and on their character.

My username was @Shankerz, I could talk to other players, trade his inventory, everything. I was kicked out when he logged back in shortly after.

Upon logging in again, I was back on my character and account, but I had the other player's inventory still.

This has been corroborated by a few dozen other users, so it looks like we all missed out on some sweet PvP looting.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It looks like the code the devs used to disable mail on the NA server was faulty and also deleted all bank items, bugged account security and disabled guild chat. Rollbacks likely incoming for the NA servers; the EU server are reportedly fine. Of couse this sort of thing is normal for an Early Access game, it's just disheartening to see so many hate threads springing up over it.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought that was a pretty funny joke, seeing how well the Imperial Edition supposedly sold. It also highlights the idiocy of the 3 factions fighting for Emperorship.

Last edited:

John_Blazze

Augur
I thought that was a pretty funny joke, seeing how well the Imperial Edition supposedly sold. It also highlights the idiocy of the 3 factions fighting for Emperorship.

The game highlights so much dumbfuckery by itself, the three unlikely factions are barely blinking on the idiocy sonar.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
NA server has just come back up after 13 hours of downtime. Let's see how many new things they've put in!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So uhm. Isn't this supposed to be taking place a thousand years before Skyrim or something?

How is the city in better condition a thousand years ago? Why does shit look more advanced? Is this another Star Wars "Yeah technology didn't advance in a thousand years" bullshit? What's going onAWUGHWAGHDROOL

Windhelm in Skyrim actually had a strong atmosphere of being a city well past it's prime, built by a more vital people aeons ago and even though it is decaying it is still inhabited by their descendants ages later since they are unable to build anything nearly as grand anymore. Seems like it's representation in ESO is pretty spot on.

It makes me think of Rome in the middle ages, just a shadow of it's gloriy in the Roman era, but still the grandest city in Western Europe.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Players who logged in while the account swapping bug was active have lost everything stored in their bank, and since the system messages tell you to put all your pre-order and bonus items in the bank... oh well. It's interesting to see what ZO does now - roll back the servers to early yesterday morning, or find a way to reimburse the thousands of people who lost all their bank inventory? Whatever their choice, I trust that it'll be the right one.

edit: All guild functions have been disabled pending further patches. Poor Codex guild :(

edit2: the "kill enemy players" quest, which was responsible for 95% of PvP xp, has been capped at 20 kills per day; this makes it much harder to level through PvP without doing story content.

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
edit2: the "kill enemy players" quest, which was responsible for 95% of PvP xp, has been capped at 20 kills per day; this makes it much harder to level through PvP without doing story content.
Good idea, wouldn't want players to interact with each other in this massively multiplayer game.

Angthoron

Arcane
So, that's Dungeon and PvP XP nerfed into the ground already, and the game didn't even launch properly yet? Good!

I hope they'll realize that some people play through the story too quickly and put a maximum amount of quests per day, too - and of course, make sure that there are XP and loot diminishing returns on world mobs so the pacing and gearing process doesn't get out of hand.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, don't want them to finish content too quick, we need proper schedules for expansion packs man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom