Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards is a scam

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
The fact that I don’t want to post on here with the Bethesda logo clearly means I don’t.

I understand you morons don’t read 10% of what I write so let me repeat that again: I was excited for Starfield for primarily one reason, that’s to win GOTY over BG3 which has a gay fucking character front of the cover!! And you morons are all slurping that shit up, anyway, turns out Starfield is even more woke than BG3 and I’m disgusted with Bethesda. Yes I hoped they would release a game like their previous games without woke but oh no they jumped on the bandwagon so hard their asses fell through.

I refuse to post here with this tag and whoever gave it to me I hope he does of bbc in his windpipe

Starfield should've been GOTY
Hmmm...

Couldn't make it through the video. The guy is a complete tool who thinks the game awards should be taken seriously. Everyone knows they're Dorito Pope's faggy Kojimba circle jerk and a few exclusive trailers. No one watches for the awards or cards what wins. We're here to see From's DLC trailer and usually we're watching a youtube trailer playlist the day after rather than watching a bunch of homos tell us how great they are.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The fact that I don’t want to post on here with the Bethesda logo clearly means I don’t.

I understand you morons don’t read 10% of what I write so let me repeat that again: I was excited for Starfield for primarily one reason, that’s to win GOTY over BG3 which has a gay fucking character front of the cover!! And you morons are all slurping that shit up, anyway, turns out Starfield is even more woke than BG3 and I’m disgusted with Bethesda. Yes I hoped they would release a game like their previous games without woke but oh no they jumped on the bandwagon so hard their asses fell through.

I refuse to post here with this tag and whoever gave it to me I hope he does of bbc in his windpipe

Starfield should've been GOTY
Hmmm...

Couldn't make it through the video. The guy is a complete tool who thinks the game awards should be taken seriously. Everyone knows they're Dorito Pope's faggy Kojimba circle jerk and a few exclusive trailers. No one watches for the awards or cards what wins. We're here to see From's DLC trailer and usually we're watching a youtube trailer playlist the day after rather than watching a bunch of homos tell us how great they are.
and that's exactly why it should've been GOTY

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Asking two questions will make life a lot clearer:

Who's making money from this thing? How are they making money from it?

Nevermind something as laughable as TGA, the entire video game industry is a joke.

El Presidente

Arcane
I can't believe there are people posting here in 2024 who still listen journalists of any kind
Man is a worshipping creature and looks for any kind of authoritative institutions and figures for some manner of official line. Geoff dressed himself as THE Game Awards, that gives off THE Official™ Game of the Year trophy. In a fancy red-carpet ceremony with industry veterans clapping at every award. It fools even a few smart people that would otherwise mock and dismiss the green haired they/thems hiding behind the curtain giving the votes. The facade is all there and looks important enough.

Ryzer

Arcane
Just like the Academy awards, it's a festival of wankers, and of the upper-class to entertain the masses of sheeples who watch it, don't watch it purely and simply.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know where people actually get to vote? The Steam Awards.

And this year's Steam Award results were a farce.

Award shows are a scam, but popular votes are even worse. Steam Awards are undeniable proof that democracy is shit.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

What do you mean a farce? Starfield winning the most innovative game was the best thing I've ever seen in any major awards ever. Shit instantly skyrocketed into one of my favourite events. Can't wait for the next year.

Cologno

Educated
You can buy followers for stuff like Twitter and karma for Reddit. Assuming Steam's vote system isn't susceptible to corruption is baffling. Starfield got pretty universally panned across the entire spectrum. Your average gamers are dumb, but come on. I could see MS dumping money to rig a vote.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What do you mean a farce? Starfield winning the most innovative game was the best thing I've ever seen in any major awards ever. Shit instantly skyrocketed into one of my favourite events. Can't wait for the next year.
Starfield winning most innovative game was a funny troll, but this was meant to be serious:
1704722167873.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Starfield winning most innovative game was a funny troll, but this was meant to be serious:
View attachment 45383

I'm not well versed in all things RDR2 online but from what I've understand Rockstar neglected the game p. badly, so the community got pissed and trolled them on the Steam Awards. Afaik both Starfield and RDR2 are clearly troll votes. P. glorious if you ask me.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
You can buy followers for stuff like Twitter and karma for Reddit. Assuming Steam's vote system isn't susceptible to corruption is baffling. Starfield got pretty universally panned across the entire spectrum. Your average gamers are dumb, but come on. I could see MS dumping money to rig a vote.

Can't believe I need to post this.

Click on show finalists and you'll understand why. The other games running against RDR2 were DOTA 2, Apex Legends, Rust and Deep Rock Galatic. Three of those have a large playerbase but the genres (MOBA and Battle Royale) are also rejected on sight by many people. So the only real competitor is DRG and that's a guaranteed loss to RDR2 even if the category is Best Dwarves.

Starfield won most innovative because the other games were Contraband Police, Shadows of Doubt, Remnant 2 and Your Only Move is Hustle. Again, well liked games but average voter only recognizes Remnant 2 in that list. I'd be surprised if anyone here knew all 3 without looking them up.

It's more likely that people just vote on the more popular game of each category.

edit: though "Best game you suck at" goes against my theory because Sifu won and IIRC most people don't get past stage 2.

abija

Prophet
I'm not well versed in all things RDR2 online but from what I've understand Rockstar neglected the game p. badly, so the community got pissed and trolled them on the Steam Awards. Afaik both Starfield and RDR2 are clearly troll votes. P. glorious if you ask me.

I'd be surprised if both games didn't get more money and normie appreciation from winning those categories. Great trolling, sure showed them what's what.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I'd be surprised if both games didn't get more money and normie appreciation from winning those categories. Great trolling, sure showed them what's what.

AAA gaming megacorps: Yeah, please don't troll us by giving us free marketing and exposure. Please. Stop it.

Iucounu

Educated
Drug dealers also manipulate Spotify: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...s-using-fake-spotify-streams-to-launder-money

I was intrigued by this side-effect (in yellow):

"Describing the process, he said the gangs would convert their dirty cash to bitcoin, then used the cryptocurrency to pay people who sold fake streams on Spotify, which is a Swedish company. They “made sure we ended up at the top of the charts”, he said, adding that the fake streams also led to an uptick in real streams."​

--maybe game developers use bots to buy (and "play") their own games in the game stores in order to boost numbers, then quickly request refunds so the process won't cost them money. Would that be feasible?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom