Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Golden Baby Is Back: Grimoire Superdemo Released!

Johannes

Arcane
Lol, brokenforum banned me for posting a Grimoire update, good fun. Thanks for making my day, I found it genuinely funny. Man, it will be so funny when Grimoire will actually be released and people who hated on Cleve for years, some close to 15 years from Usenet, will have to eat their collective hat, I can't wait for that day.

It's funny the number of places who don't want any positive discussion of that game, I know other Codexers who talked about the game had their threads locked as well. More than glad to take one for the team.

GOG and RPGWatch are the only two other places where Grimoire has a following I can think of. You have to give credit to the GOG Poles, they aren't hypersensitive manbabies.
link?

Repressed Homosexual
http://brokenforum.com/index.php?th...ts-grimoire-an-indiegogo-project.3678/page-23

I had talked about it in that thread months before for a while though. Couldn't get anything else than endless sneering though. It really is the SJW crowd on steroids, as snarky and bleeding heart as it gets. My only regret is that not a single veteran PC gamer wanted to play it or looked forward to it on its own merits. Like others have said, they are the people who dug their own grave.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Did you think maybe telling people you didn't have the stomach to endure them might have hurt your message?

Repressed Homosexual
No matter how polite I was, the result was the same for pages and pages on end. And it just had to be said, at any rate. Look at this list of rules

Grimoire is a game for true connoisseurs and it shows how many of them are truly left

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Cleve Blakemore presents: Grimoire (an Indiegogo project)

I don't have time to post on two forums with a demanding job and a second child on the way, and I don't have the stomach to endure extremely strong liberalism in constant high doses anyway, but I had to post this.

Classy. It amazes me that in the same post claiming to no having the time to post, you managed to pack your typical anti librul snide remark.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
The amount of circlejerking on those forums is insane and they dare making fun of the brofist

Repressed Homosexual
That's another thing that really weirds me out, the most insignificant one-liner often has 20 likes, and this is for a community about only a fourth as big as the Codex. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That seems like a cool forum to post in, I'll likely move there when I retire from the Codex.

From what I've read about Grimoire's mechanics it sounds like a garbage RPG btw. +M

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
That seems like a cool forum to post in, I'll likely move there when I retire from the Codex.
Why not now?

To be more specific (and this has been cribbed almost directly from rpg.net) the following, which essentially define gender-issue related trollling/derailing as a tactic, will no longer be tolerated here:

- Stating that it's impossible to have a discussion of sexism without being branded sexist
- Denying the experiences of female posters
- Demanding to be educated on the subject
- Concern trolling (such as "But I'm concerned discussion of sexism will drown out discussion of the good things about
?GAME? ")
- Questioning the validity of sexism as a phenomena or a topic of discussion in this forum
- Demanding that the debate be reframed (e.g. "This debate is too emotional"/"This should only be about solutions, not criticisms" etc.)
- Accusing other posters of looking to be offended
- Accusing male posters of "White-Knighting" or otherwise arguing against sexism solely for the approval of women

Seems like femcentric heaven. Afraid to lose them bad boys at the codex?

From what I've read about Grimoire's mechanics it sounds like a garbage RPG btw. +M
Don't be such a cocktease.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why not now?

Seems like femcentric heaven. Afraid to lose them bad boys at the codex?
Because my forum plate is full and I haven't had my fill of trolling.

Edit: I take it back, I went to their South Park RPG thread and there are too many obnoxiously ignorant posters there.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't worry, you'll change your mind in six months when people are whining about the still unreleased final version.

Saduj

Arcane
More specifically it has a lot of people who know Cleve from his days on Usenet and have laughed at Grimoire for years and years. No one else despises Grimoire and wants to see it fail as much.

Description seen if you mouse over the link to their Game Development Discussion Forum:

"SCREW YOU MY IDEAS WILL TOTALLY WORK AND I WILL BE THE NEXT CLEVE BLAKEMORE YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE, CHARLES!"

:butthurt:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

So you base your opinion on reading about "mechanics" instead of trying the actual demo?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom