Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

Zetor

Arcane
Joke's on them, the best-looking GW2 gear is the HOM stuff from GW1... and it's free*!

* sort of

Dire Roach

Prophet
You guys give Arenanet's marketing department too much credit. Their failure with the prepurchase reveal was so great, that now it seems they have aggro'd the majority of their fanbase. Arenanet's employees have gone into full damage control mode, answering questions left and right in their forums and even attempting to appeal to emotions in social media.
Of course, they still haven't moved an inch to lower the price of the prepurchase offers or include more bonuses. :keepmyjewgold:

And the best GW gear is in GW1.

Arenanet deserve some kind of award for being able to make the GW2 engine run so much worse even as the graphical fidelity of the game barely budged (and the number of characters on the screen in GW2 compared to cities in GW1 went through the floor).

You guys give Arenanet's marketing department too much credit. Their failure with the prepurchase reveal was so great, that now it seems they have aggro'd the majority of their fanbase. Arenanet's employees have gone into full damage control mode, answering questions left and right in their forums and even attempting to appeal to emotions in social media.
Of course, they still haven't moved an inch to lower the price of the prepurchase offers or include more bonuses. :keepmyjewgold:

I at least was only talking about the pre-release marketing of GW2. Don't have my finger on the pulse of any current stuff.

Avellion

Erudite
Arenanet attempting to rebrand the backlash as harassment all while refusing to adapt to the situation shows just how deeply their heads are buried in their own asses. The handling of this expansion has already provided me with more entertainment than the game itself.

Joke's on them, the best-looking GW2 gear is the HOM stuff from GW1... and it's free*!

* sort of

In addition, you play a good game to farm those HoM stuff. Unlike one of the most grindy modern western mmorpgs out there The legendary weapons look rather retarded, and so do most exotics as well. When exotic hammers look like this,

Mj%C3%B6lnir.jpg

or like a furnace on a stick. I say... thank goodness for transmutation stones.

The armor design doesnt look that much better either to be honest.

160px-Forgeman_armor_%28heavy%29_human_female_front.jpg
or
180px-Armageddon_armor_human_female_front.jpg
both candidates for being some of the most stupid armor design I have seen in ages.

On the previous forum I used to go to had a few Guild Wars 2 fanboys who bought into all of ArenaNet's lies. They responded to my criticism of the game with denial, flaming, harassment, character assassination, threats, namecalling, and attempts to silence me. So despite the fact that some people play for dress up, retards are still around.

Stokowski

Arcane
Exactly.

I never understood the point of Legendary weapons once the Ascended tier was introduced. So many people seemed to spend their lives grinding like fuck to obtain a what was essentially a really stupid skin for the statistically equivalent weapon.

Cost/Benefit analysis is not a strong skill amongst many MMO players, methinks.

I have this picture saved on my computer as guildwars2.jpg

Nv7HPiJ.jpg

"Commander! The undead have broken through our lines. They are upon us!"
"Fear not, sergeant Whiskers! The magic of this enchanted rod will protect us! Now, prepare for battle!"
"Here they come!"

Avellion

Erudite
You are being too harsh on the puppets. The puppets look nowhere near as retarded as 99% of all GW2 characters.

And the best GW gear is in GW1.

Arenanet deserve some kind of award for being able to make the GW2 engine run so much worse even as the graphical fidelity of the game barely budged (and the number of characters on the screen in GW2 compared to cities in GW1 went through the floor).
Well, they did get a nomination in the /v/GA's a while back for the gamebryoken award. If that counts for something.

Black

Arcane
How can you play as assasssasasasasasasassin if you don't have :edgy: everywhere??

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Really, of all the retardo armour possible, you post assassin ancient? That's not nearly the worst offender. Even among xXx_assassassassassassassins_xXx there are worse shits like elite exotic.

Assassin_Elite_Exotic_armor_m.jpg

And let us not even mention all the gay-ass negro armour, with negro obsidian probably taking the cake

Necromancer_Obsidian_armor_m.jpg

Avellion

Erudite
Really, of all the retardo armour possible, you post assassin ancient? That's not nearly the worst offender. Even among xXx_assassassassassassassins_xXx there are worse shits like elite exotic.

I stand corrected. I didnt remember most of t he terrible armor designs in Guild Wars 1, but such is the power of nostalgia. I remember the Nipple plate paragons wore, but that was it.

230px-Paragon_Elite_Sunspear_armor_m.jpg

But all the armors we have linked thus far have all had one thing in common. They are all prestigious armors, so to speak. In general, the more prestigious the armor, the worse it looks. This also applies to weapons, and to franchises extending far beyond Guild Wars. I have found that nearly all my favorite weapons and armor models are either uncommon or rare. But never beyond, after those two tiers you tend to find overdesigned crap, that was probably designed by a 14 year old who thought that more=better.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2

And let us not even mention all the gay-ass negro armour, with negro obsidian probably taking the cake

Necromancer_Obsidian_armor_m.jpg

The first one is shit.
The second one looks retarded but has some sort of thematical reason that in my mind makes it acceptable.
Also I never played an assassin so I just went for the most edgy possible.

If you want overdesigning look no further than Allods online. A quick goodle image search should solve your problems.
I dig the undead egyptian themes though.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Far be it for me to say that GW1 didn't have examples of good looking armor, though.

yIoKDIG.jpg

Sadly, I personally found GW2 to be a whole lot more hit or miss when it comes to armor design. You can get some funky looking outfits if you mix n match.

HGQ9Zso.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remember the Nipple plate paragons wore, but that was it.

Oh yeah, nipple plate paragons were the greatest :lol:

Far be it for me to say that GW1 didn't have examples of good looking armor, though.

Also this, and thanks for posting elite templar, that's the best wammo armour out there hands down. Other really good ones that deserve mentioning are fem paragon norn armour, many ritualists (ancient, elite kurzick, obsidian), lotsa rangers and monkors, etc. Hell, even assassins have a bunch of really good ones, like elite kurzick or elite imperial (elite imperial prob being the bestest assassin armour out there).

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I remember the Nipple plate paragons wore, but that was it.

Oh yeah, nipple plate paragons were the greatest :lol:

Also this, and thanks for posting elite templar, that's the best wammo armour out there hands down. Other really good ones that deserve mentioning are fem paragon norn armour, many ritualists (ancient, elite kurzick, obsidian), lotsa rangers and monkors, etc. Hell, even assassins have a bunch of really good ones, like elite kurzick or elite imperial (elite imperial prob being the bestest assassin armour out there).

Kurzik forevah

Stokowski

Arcane
Holy poop. They raised the cap on conditions from 25 to 1500. World bosses are now having their faces melted in record time. Hilarious. Expect fun-killing patch any minute now.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
right when i had one of my random "i loved gw so much i want to give gw2 another chance" episodes.
thank you codex :*

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The fundamental issue with GW2 is that combat has been reduced to point and click, and is therefore bound to become very boring very quickly to everyone sans the most droney of drones. They need to reintroduce stamina and mana bars in order for this game to become anything else but a tech demo, but what are the chances of that ever happening?

Stokowski

Arcane
right when i had one of my random "i loved gw so much i want to give gw2 another chance" episodes.
thank you codex :*
Here's one you can save up for the future.

Y'know miniature pets? Bought from the gem store. They have no gameplay function. They just follow you around. The ultimate in vanity junk.
Well, the latest in the long line of these collectables is … a pet rock.
I'm not kidding. People are paying for a pet rock that bounces around after them.

Part of me thinks that ArenaNet are geniuses.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I'm reinstalling GW2 right now.

I never maxed out my character in GW2. I never did in GW1 either for that matter.

I'll probably make a brand new character of some sort... I don't know what.

If anyone still plays - let me know (though I'm probably an hour or more form finishing the download here).

Chances are, this will end with an uninstall anyway.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i took part in the Beta test of the wvw maps yesterday as the 35 man BG team that was in there and the salt from us dominating was AMAZING!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom