Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Secretninja

Cipher
Yeah, it is harder and harder to justify buying them, especially if those hacks aren't going to give me steam keys unless I pay an arbitrary amount. Make that the goddamn minimum if you want to go that route.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't necessarily have a problem with the price since it is a new release but... why the fuck are you making a 'bundle' that's just a glorified pre-order with bonuses for a game? That's not a bundle that's just a shitty promotion.

Multi-headed Cow

Apparently Humble Bundle will be back to $1 minimum for Steam keys after this. The developer behind Botanicula requested the $5 Steam key minimum due to it being brand spanking new. Which is great and all, and Samorost and Machinarium were cool and all, but eh. I might go for it if they add something else worthwhile to the bundle but that seems a bit unlikely.

Not even sure why it's disappointing, it's not like I'm in desperate need of more videogames. Still plugging along on Crusader Kings 2 and Legend of Grimrock and having a good time, not to mention all the shitty indie games I've got stacked up I haven't played yet. Guess I'm just used to constantly buying shit I don't need, so when I'm not buying shit I don't need I get the shakes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I understand why they set the minimum to $5 I just don't agree with using a bundle as nothing more than a preorder/release promo for a new game. And yeah, Indie Gala has never really had the greatest of games but I'm hoping at least two or three out of the seven they said they will have will at least mildly appeal to me. Though, I admit chance of that are low. The only 'targeted,' i.e., I'll buy if it's in a bundle indie games that are on my wishlist are: Shoot Many Robots (too new), Containment (Zombie Puzzler), Titan Attacks, Inside a Star Filled Sky, Trine 2, and SPAZ. None of which are likely to be Indie Gala since they all tend to be European developers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Indie Gala 4 is live and it's pretty crap. ARES, Alien Shooter 1 and some mystery game and then Disciples 2 and Altitude if you beat a $6ish average with other games to be unlocked later. Passing!

Multi-headed Cow

Bleh, already got all of that. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the bonuses are.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The 'May Hurray' Indie Royale Bundle is ~one week away. Keep an eye out. They've stopped doing preorders (probably because most people could guess what the games were).

Multi-headed Cow

Somehow beat Metro to the punch on this one. May Hurray bundle's live now.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

1. Dungeon Defenders for: steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
  2. Containment: The Zombie Puzzler for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  3. Data Jammers: FastForward for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  4. Brainpipe - A Plunge to Unhumanity for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
  5. Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space for: windows, desura
Dungeon Defenders is getting viciously milked via DLC, but the base game has a good pile of content and isn't too bad. Super grindy, but not too bad. No idea on Containment, Data Jammers, and Brainpipe but they're all Steamy and I don't have 'em so score. And Weird Worlds is a pretty cool pick up and play super fast space exploration game. If you've seen FTL from Kickstarter, it's kinda like that.
Mildly tempted to LP Weird Worlds a bit, it'd probably lend itself decently to it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A good bundle but only one I have interest in is Containment (since I already own DD). I'll see if I can acquire a key for it. If not, I'm sure it'll be $2 or less during the next major Steam sale. Only way this could turn into a good value otherwise for me would be if they added the DD: Quest for the Shards DLC pack but I highly doubt that since I'm sure that is where they figure to make their money.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You have to pay a set minimum for the Royale bundles which rise with the amount of sales.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Was talking about the Hipster Indie bundle. Fags went all nextgen popamole on us..

Multi-headed Cow

Looked at everything. Brainpipe is strangely enjoyable even though it's simple as hell. Flashing lights and strange music/sounds play and you wiggle the mouse around to avoid obstacles. Sort of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Reckless Disregard for Gravity gameplay-wise, and sort of Audiosurf without your own music. Entertaining in a weird way.
Data Jammers I'm less enthused about. You follow a track, moving left and right, speeding up or slowing down, and seem to have PBAOE attack with limited uses. There are points-doodads on the track occasionally and health pickups, but I'm not too sure about it. Whereas Brainpipe doesn't lean on gameplay and instead is just "Kind of a cool thing", Data Jammers seems to rely on gameplay which I'm not sure is there. It'll take more than a 5 minute peek to make up my mind on that one.
Containment seems pretty simple but not too shabby. You surround zombies with survivors of all the same type, which can spit out powerups. At this point it's laughably easy but it's still introducing new zombies and gameplay wrinkles so I imagine it'll get more puzzle-y later.
Weird Worlds is as awesome as ever. Only played the demo years and years ago, though I played Strange Adventures in Infinite Space. Real shame they didn't get that on Steam. Played a few quick games and admired THE BUMFACE.

All that plus Dungeon Defenders makes it seem like a pretty damn good bundle. I'm pleased with what I ended up getting for $4, even already owning DD and Weird Worlds not being on Steam. There have been better bundles but this is way less shit than a lot of them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Weird Worlds looks like a neat Starflight series clone but... yeah... the Digital Eel stuff looked like crap to me. And from what I've read Zombie Containment doesn't really have a long campaign so it's mostly just a time waster. Not going to pay $5 for that and a spare copy of DD (which is borderline valueless at this point).

TripJack

Hedonist
http://www.indieroyale.com/
New Indie Royale Charity Pack thing

Osmos, B.U.T.T.O.N., The Shivah, and Blueberry Garden are the games. Plus some crap album things if you pay more than $7.

might grab this one for osmos and the shivah

MasterMire

Novice
Kind of interested in this one, mostly for The Shivah. Just not sure any of the others appeal to me. (Osmos could be a nice zen game.)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bundles are dead to me. Osmos is okay, but nothing great. It's been in multiple past bundles.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Osmos is very good, and very challenging. Yeah, it's starts easy and casual, but wait until it goes hardcore on your ass. You'll yell "Epicycles!" in the middle of the night.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom