Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Isnt there a demo somewhere for Bastion?
Imo, thought it was pretty meh, but people these days seem to like meh games.
Like new Diablo game, they know its shit but they still spend minimum 50 hours playing it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, there's a demo on Steam. The game play is nothing amazing which is why I waited for a steep sale. Assuming you own none of the games in this bundle you'd be getting Bastion for $1.50ish or less. Even with me only really wanting three of them (and the $6ish I got it at) it's still like $2 a game. I'd say it's worth that even for a generic hack-n-slash with a unique art style.

As an aside they've already made $330,000 in sales... in an hour and a half.

Multi-headed Cow

Wow, an excellent indie bundle. Amnesia is pretty great (Though I still have only played the spinoff potato sack campaign), LIMBO is... good for what is it included in the bundle, Superbrothers I know almost nothing about but I was kinda interested in it, and Bastion is really quite fun. Nothing super amazing, but enjoyable.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Psychonauts. I'm not much for 3D platformers like that, but it's pretty enjoyable too.

Unfortunately I already own all those games BUT Superbrothers, so I'll be a cheap shithead and buy it for a dollar.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I haven't played any of the titles. Don't give a shit about Bastion. 4 games for 1 doolars. NIZE.
I've been meaning to get Psychonauts and play it this summer anyway.

Today I got free bread on my way home from uni (and the week before that, a free energy drink!), and now this. Surely, the God of consumerism smiles upon me.
10180.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Psychonauts is a pretty cool mix of platformer/adventure game/extremely light ARPG elements (leveling, abilities, inventory). M+K controls can be frustrating at times so if you are younger than me and are more comfortable with twin stick controllers you're probably better off using one. It also has a decent amount of content and should take you 15+ hours to complete.

kazgar

Arcane
Looks like Best indie bundle in a while, a bunch of reasonably well known games.

Average price is up to $7.40, but as I don't seem to have any of them, probably worth it.

Project: Eternity
Bastion's not that good, combat's really unrewarding and the weapons suck. Limbo is fucking boring. Psychonauts rules, Amnesia kicks ass, and what the hell is Superbrothers?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Played Bastion for about an hour. It's okay but not the OMG AMAZING YOU MUST PLAY THIS GOTY the console mouth breathers say it is -- combat is indeed pretty basic and nothing special. I still like the art style, it's basically the Braid or Trine of the Hack-n-Slash genre. Worth what I paid for it in this bundle, glad I didn't get it for $15.

Multi-headed Cow

Also worth mentioning if you play Bastion on new game+ there are a few minor changes to the dialog. Not worth playing through the game again by itself, but it's kinda nice if you beat the game and want to keep going.

Also highly recommend playing Bastion with as many of those god trinket/shrine/idols/whatevers active as you can stand. Best way to manage the game's difficulty.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I saw those mentioned in the achievements but I haven't run across any, at least in the first two or three areas.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got some free Steam games if someone wants. Mostly doubles from this packs.
Space Empire IV
Disciples 2: Galleans return and
Disciples 2: Rise of the elves
Torchlight
Altitude
Really big sky
Steel Storm
Ares
Which Ares is it?

TripJack

Hedonist
A (semi-)worthwhile humble bundle oh my I can hardly believe it. Enjoy your 50 cents devs and EFF.

Bruticis

What a fucking tool (rushes off to CAG to fix my profile)!

Turjan

Arcane
I guess I'm a sucker. This looked like one of the best bundles I have seen so far, and the only game I had so far was Limbo, so I beat the average, which was at $7.86 already. I have always been interested in Superbrothers since I have seen the trailer. If the game sucks, at least the music will be good.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I paid $15 for the bundle. Every single one of those games looks really good, but I'm most interested in the Sword & Sorcery.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hmmm... Would it be worthwhile to create a Key Giveaway thread? I often end up with 1-2 spare keys whenever I buy a bundle these days.

Multi-headed Cow

I think we usually just use this thread or the Steam thread unless you've got a big pile of keys backed up you wanna give away.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think we usually just use this thread or the Steam thread unless you've got a big pile of keys backed up you wanna give away.
K. If Steam lets me haz giftable keys of the duplicate amnesia/limbo in the humbe bundle when I get home and punch in the key, I'll have those 2 to gift.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
One of the long standing Humble Bundle traditions is to not give you any giftable versions of games you already own on Steam. Some others and I gave HB Steam keys for games we already had, like when a previous HB got added to the one you recently bought.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. Humble has pretty much always been one key for the main bundle, one for beat-the-average, and possibly another for perks added later if it's something big like one of the former bundles. But no giftable copies/extra keys for stuff you already own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom