Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

TripJack

Hedonist
0b06d89004ba741c52b331a95e533725.png
what's the konsensus on the blackwell series?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Don't pay more for Serious Sam 2. Also a shame they do not include the originals and only the remakes.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the HD remakes come with the original. At least when I bought them on Steam a long time ago I got both.

Multi-headed Cow

Calling it complete without Skyward Collapse, absolutely shameful Indie Royale.

Garm

Learned
I'm kinda pissed about that Serious Sam sale...I just got TFE and TSE during the Steam sale last week...oh well...I supposed $5 isn't that bad for 2 and 3...

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
http://groupees.com/meridian

2c0c4c03f05b07e9ba543390032eecf6.png

This is a pretty decent deal if you don't have one of the games from the first raw.

:bounce:

I've heard good things about Robin Hood and the Syberia games, so this is a buy for me. Also curious about Still Life, Nikopol, Wasteland Angel, and Stellar Impact.

Edit: Just read that Robin Hood is a real time stealth game, when I was hoping it was turn-based. So I guess I won't be picking it up. Stellar Impact is a multi-player game and Wasteland Angel is considered to be pretty much crap, so those are off my list, too. I figure I'll still pick up the Syberia games since I heard that they are visually stunning and my daughter likes adventure games, but I'm not sure what I'll pick up for myself in regards to the third pick.

7h30n

Augur
Don't pay more for Serious Sam 2. Also a shame they do not include the originals and only the remakes.

Actually, originals are included. Bought the pack for above average and got every Serious Sam game ever. SS3 included is Deluxe edition which comes with SS:TFE and TSE Classic variants :)

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played first Still Life. The beginning was good for the detective story. But the more I played, the more it felt bad. Those sterile renderings and ocassionaly voice acting were not my cup of tea. Also the puzzles near the end. Wasn't horrible bad, but I given up on buying a sequel after that.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
At first I was interested in that Groupees bundle for Syberia, but after reading some Codex reviews I think I'll pass and just pick up the Longest Journey sometime in the future. That IndieGala bundle looks interesting so far because of Sword of the Stars, Edna and Harvey, and Aqaunox, but I already picked up Sword of the Stars through Gamer's Gate and need to review the other two further before I make a purchase. Is Pirates of the Black Cove a Pirates! clone? Anyone here try out Star Ruler?

Oh, and before I forget, The Indie Gala store is having the King's Bounty Bundle for $4 for the next 24 hours for the Legend and Armored Princess: http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/bundles/the-king-s-bounty-bundle-1c.html

Also, Star Wolves 1-3 for $5 for the next three days: http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/bundles/the-star-wolves-bundle-1c.html

Turjan

Arcane
At first I was interested in that Groupees bundle for Syberia, but after reading some Codex reviews I think I'll pass...
Yup. That $1 for three games really requires utmost scrutiny. Games or eating for a month, a difficult decision.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
At first I was interested in that Groupees bundle for Syberia, but after reading some Codex reviews I think I'll pass...
Yup. That $1 for three games really requires utmost scrutiny. Games or eating for a month, a difficult decision.

I'm trying to control my impulse buying.

My GOG backlog of games I haven't played yet:
Thief 2, Thief 3, Arx Fatalis, Ultima: Savage Empire, Ultima: Martian Dreams, Realms of Arkania 1-3, Anachronox, MAX 1+2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, SMAC, Freespace 1+2, Warsow, Gemini Rue, Space Chem, To the Moon, The Blackwell Bundle, Sam and Max games, Nexus, Star Control 1-3, Fragile Alliance, Haegomonia, Independence War 1-2, Eador, Avernum 1-5, Jagged Alliance 2, Divinity 2, Defender's Quest, Deponia, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Urethra

Steam games I haven't played yet (through bundles and Gamer's Gate):
King's Bounty series, Magicka and DLCs, Star Wolves 1-3, AI War, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Crusader Kings 2, Drakensang, Europa Universalis 3, King Arthur 1+2 plus DLCs, Patrician 4, Portal, Sanctum, Sword of the Stars 1+2, Victoria 2, Master of the Arcane, Sanctum

Misc Indie Sales (Gamer's Gate and Desura and Bundles):
Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader,Sanctum, Underrail (Alpha), Zigfrak, Costume Quest, Stacking, Primordia, Constant C

Crowd Funded:
Grimoire
Divine Divinity 3: Original Sin

The list doesn't include abandonware games like the Gold Box or Ultizurk series, nor does it include games on my accounts that I've at least tried for more than an hour or have no interest in playing right now. So it's not the $1 that's the issue. It's more that I feel I should be more selective until I catch up.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Played first Still Life. The beginning was good for the detective story. But the more I played, the more it felt bad.

That was pretty much my impression. It started off pretty good, but the quality declined as the puzzles got more and more tedious. I eventually gave up at the very end with that stupid puzzle where you had to time your movement to get past the fucking lasers. Never bothered with the sequel after that.

Overboard

Arcane
So Groupees has two bundles available:

Build a Bundle 6, which includes Spectraball, Smash Cat, Chernobyl Commando, Space Ark, Aeon Command (turd), Numen (turd), Freedom Fall, Off-Road Drive, and Dynamite Jack.

Community Bundle, which includes two games so far, Obliterate Everything 2 Gold and Renga Samurai Shogun. This is in support of
Caritas International’s efforts to help victims of the current floods of immigrants in Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Czech Republic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom