Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Shit.

Multi-headed Cow

$1 tier is all stuff I don't have. Excellent bundle. :M

To be honest it mostly seems pretty shit though. Zombie Driver HD is good, but if it's worth $5 with the other games is iffy unless people like score attack. Speaking of which, fuck the campaign in Zombie Driver, the score attack mode is where the real fun lies.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The only game in that bundle that I don't own already (on or off Steam) is Hard Reset. At least this way I get it for half the standard price, so I'm gonna download the demo and give it a try.

Turjan

Arcane
The new Groupees Be Mine Special Edition

$1 tier: Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse, Mac Guffin's Curse, Tower Wars
$5 tier: Hamilton's Great Adventure, Krater- Collector's Edition, Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack

Most of the games have already seen their respective bundles.

First bonus game is Fortix, second is Star Wolves 3: Civil War

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
For the weekly deals, yes.

The only game in that bundle that I don't own already (on or off Steam) is Hard Reset. At least this way I get it for half the standard price, so I'm gonna download the demo and give it a try.

Allow me to pre-beg the Duke/Shadow Warrior key from you~

Caim

Arcane
First I wondered how Brütal Legend can be indie, but then I remembered that Double Fine is owned by the Schafmeister. So I guess they count as indie.

But then I found this picture, and I have to wonder why Belgian Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo is photobombing these guys:

BAFTA2011_GameDevs.jpg

Yes I know it's Will Wright, but the resemblance is uncanny.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS TOTALL Y NTO THE HUMBLE WEEKLY AND REGULAR HUMBLE BUNDLE

Turjan

Arcane
BROS TOTALL Y NTO THE HUMBLE WEEKLY AND REGULAR HUMBLE BUNDLE
It's a pretty awesome crossover of bundles right now.

Humble > all other bundle sellers

I'm pretty happy with most of my Groupees purchases, too. They also add new keys to old games all the time. I just picked up three more Steam keys from bundles I bought in May and July (including Zafehouse Diaries).

Of course, you won't find AAA publishers there.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, "Indie RPG Bundle-in-a-Box": http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Most games seem to be crap, but you can get Frayed Knights by paying-what-you-want - a good deal since the game is pretty solid, lame humor notwithstanding.

I'm also curious about Hack, Slash, Loot and Inaria. Anybody played those?

Beating the average (currently at $4.70) gets you Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land and Telepath RPG: Servants of God and some other games I haven't heard of. Probably not worth it anyway.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hack Slash Loot is terrible. Worse than most iPhone games. Very basic. There are 'classes' with one or two distinct abilities and you just shuffle along in generic dungeons against generic enemies. Better off with a free ascii roguelike.

Multi-headed Cow

Pay what you want as long as what you want is $2 or more. OUTRAGE

Bruticis

So, "Indie RPG Bundle-in-a-Box": http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Most games seem to be crap, but you can get Frayed Knights by paying-what-you-want - a good deal since the game is pretty solid, lame humor notwithstanding.

I'm also curious about Hack, Slash, Loot and Inaria. Anybody played those?

Beating the average (currently at $4.70) gets you Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land and Telepath RPG: Servants of God and some other games I haven't heard of. Probably not worth it anyway.
Only it's not pay what you want at all. Typical kodex staff reading comprehension at its finest.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tomorrow's Humble Weekly could possibly be Focus Home Interactive with Divinity 2, Game of Thrones, RAW (popamole diablo clone), Blood Bowl, and Confrontation for $1. BTA stuff is Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Wargame Escalation or w/e it's called.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
First I wondered how Brütal Legend can be indie, but then I remembered that Double Fine is owned by the Schafmeister. So I guess they count as indie.

But then I found this picture, and I have to wonder why Belgian Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo is photobombing these guys:

BAFTA2011_GameDevs.jpg

Yes I know it's Will Wright, but the resemblance is uncanny.

It isn't Elio without the bowtie.

HIB bonuses are Rocketbirds, A Virus Named Tom, Bastion, and Limbo.

Wait a minute, I paid for the bundle without beating the average and I didn't get the bonus? What the hell?

Boleskine

Arcane
HIB bonuses are Rocketbirds, A Virus Named Tom, Bastion, and Limbo.

Wait a minute, I paid for the bundle without beating the average and I didn't get the bonus? What the hell?

HIB changed their policy for this bundle - to get the second week bonus games you have to beat the average regardless of when you bought. Early buyers under the average no longer get the bonuses, but you can increase your order amount in your downloads page to beat the average (at the time you bought the bundle) to get the bonus games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep, they need to grub more money. That said, if you put the $1 in early you might have locked in a $3ish BTA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom