Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When visiting that site I get:
Heroku | No such app

There is no app configured at that hostname.
Perhaps the app owner has renamed it, or you mistyped the URL.

Bruticis

Working for me, thanks for the update. I've got an extra Xotic key if someone wants it, just shoot me a PM.
EDIT: key is gone now

Angthoron

Arcane
Gah, site doesn't load for me either. And I'm actually interested in Xotic, demo was kinda nifty. What's in the package, anyway, besides it?

Bruticis

The bundle includes the following games:
Xotic
Sideway New York
Wasteland Angel
BEEP
The Ball
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, the site has been up and down -- they still don't have the best of server setups.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The Indie Royale Alpha Fund is up -- three games, all in alpha, current price is $5ish. Only one looks semi appealing (3079) and I'm sure it won't be finished for another year, if that.

TripJack

Hedonist
bah the minimum is already 5?

unless a codexer shows up saying 1 (or more) of these games is actually good i wont be buying

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They start off at $4 now (at least since the last bundle). It was $5 several hours ago when I first noticed it so the price has pretty much stayed the same.

TripJack

Hedonist
that's bullshit it should start a minimum of 1 dollar

yes i am that cheap : x

Multi-headed Cow

Hmm. Mildly interested in Towns, heard it was a dumbed down popamole Dwarf Fortress which might be an ok thing. Not sure I wanna spend $5 for non-Steam alpha indie games though. I guess I'll think about it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Remember Cortex Command in the first Indie Bundle? Two years and counting on that, I think.

Multi-headed Cow

True. And I've still got Project Zomboid sitting around with basically 0 updates.

Multi-headed Cow

Urrrrrgh looked at a bit of Towns on Youtube. I think I'd be better off sending $5 to Toady to support Dwarf Fortress. Plus with that he'd mail me a hand-drawn Crayon DF picture!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Most of the indie bundles seem to be lazy hipster bundles these days. Just send your money to toady. At least DF keeps getting updated and ignoring the graphicswhore consolefags who cannot into the UI.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xotic
Sideway New York
Wasteland Angel
BEEP
The Ball

I bought that bundle, paying merely $2 and I still regret purchasing this. Haven't played Nikpol yet but the rest of the games are shit. I could have donated that money to a good indie or just buy myself a chocolate and that would be a lot better choice. Fuck these shitty bundles, looks like after high quality Humble Bundle everyone tries to copy them with boring games to milk money.

Don Peste

Arcane
I've bought the Alphafunding. Nice games, Linux, Desura, multiplayer, a catalan game... Must support them, and I hope the continue to do this kind of bundles.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Xotic
Sideway New York
Wasteland Angel
BEEP
The Ball

I bought that bundle, paying merely $2 and I still regret purchasing this. Haven't played Nikpol yet but the rest of the games are shit. I could have donated that money to a good indie or just buy myself a chocolate and that would be a lot better choice. Fuck these shitty bundles, looks like after high quality Humble Bundle everyone tries to copy them with boring games to milk money.

Wasteland Angel is fine, just short. Xotic isn't bad at all. The Ball, eh, it's basically another iteration of Portal. To say those games combined aren't worth two dollars is crazy.

Angthoron

Arcane
Xotic
Sideway New York
Wasteland Angel
BEEP
The Ball

Wasteland Angel is fine, just short. Xotic isn't bad at all. The Ball, eh, it's basically another iteration of Portal. To say those games combined aren't worth two dollars is crazy.

This. And I've read good things about Nikopol. BEEP and Sideway seem somewhat iffy though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sideway is an interesting take on platforming not nothing amazing. Haven't played Beep. In other bundle news the Indie Gala guys made the wrong decision by going with X number of bundles instead of a time limit. They've yet to even sell half after weeks and now they're in desperation mode offering 3 for 1 and even 4 for 1 deals (if you bought the high end bundle early on in the promo).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yet... another... bundle (NOT live yet):

http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

Allegedly will have:

Sol Suvivor
Greed Corp
RuneSpell
Dead Horde
Booster Trooper

Greed Corp is in the current Indie Gala. Runespell was in an old Indie Royale. Booster Trooper sucks horribly. Sol Survivor seems decent and Dead Horde seems okay-ish but I've heard some bad things.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've heard a few guesses at the FPS from Hard Reset to the awful Twin Sector Adventure game possibly Jolly Rover. The RTS is almost certainly Vertex Dispenser and the final one is probably DLC Quest as that developer also has a top down shooter. DLC Quest seems funny and all but apparently it's only like 15 minutes long. Don't have any interest in Vertex Dispenser or the adventure game and since the FPS could be crappy I'm not really willing to gamble. At worst I'll miss out on $4 Hard Reset and that isn't a really amazing deal.

The Face Kick one is out now with a bunch of Meridian Games among others: Greed, PAM, Dead Horde, Booster Trooper, Runespell, Avencast, and Sol Survivor. It's $8 to 'pre-order' but I've heard some shady things about the guy offering the bundle, own some of the games, and don't really care for any of the others.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A new humble indie bundle entry was added to the Steam registry -- expect it soon. No idea on the games.

Multi-headed Cow

Got my fingers crossed for Pineapple Smash Crew (Looks ridiculously simple and short and not terribly well thought out/made but I still wanna play it), and Titan Attacks, and Vessel, and Shank 2, and Oil Rush, and Dear Derpthur, and Dust Force!

Probably won't be any of 'em but I'm building up a decent queue of indie games I'm interested in checking out so I'm hoping SOMETHING good will show up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom