Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

TripJack

Hedonist
dont you have enough unplayed games already cow

mck

Cipher
just bought the royale bundle. Mostly for Hard Reset because I've wanted to play it. Are any of the other games in the bundle worth playing?

Multi-headed Cow

God damn. Already got Hard Reset and Jolly Rover, don't feel like coughing up the money just for Vertex. This is like the 3rd or 4th Indie Royale I've skipped.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've yet to buy a single one. Only one of the games I played a significant amount is Runespell which you gave me from an earlier one. Hard Reset is okay, but the other games don't really interest me and I'd just as soon as wait for a package sale of Hard Reset plus the DLC they are coming out with.

TripJack

Hedonist
I've yet to buy a single one.
same

overall quality of the games has just hasnt been very good

i guess its not surprising, the number of good indie games out there is quite limited after all

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH MULTIHEADED COW DISEASE

I BOUGHT THE ROYALE BUNDLE I GUESS OUT OF AN URGE TO LET ALCHOHOL AND CONSUMERISM TO DROWN MY DEPRESSION

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. Current average is $6ish -- required to get Swords and Soldiers. Other four games are Avadon, Zen Bound 2, Cogs, and Canabalt.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bleh, fuck these cellphone games. I skipped previous bundle and will skip this one too. Gotta say quality of these bundles have declined when they started to include games for phones. :decline:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well, it's still got Avadon. I already owned Swords and Soldiers and Cogs (and Canabalt is basically free from other sources) so I put in $1 to lock in whatever else they add... although I'm not expecting much since it has to work on iOs. Still, $1 for Avadon ain't bad.

Multi-headed Cow

But... I already own Swords and Soldiers and Avadon and Zen Bound and Cogs! THIS IS HIGHLY DISAGREEABLE! Even more disagreeable, apparently Canabalt isn't a Steam key. I'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED IN TO PAYING A DOLLAR FOR SOMETHING I WON'T EVEN PLAY! Also just learned Canabalt is a free flash game.

HUMBLE BUNDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DISXY.gif

mLRWs.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, Humble Bundle is starting to water down their brand with this Android shit and repeating games. And.. wow... grats MHC for paying $1 for a free flash game!

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Woohoo! More Android games! More shit I can play on my tablet!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
FIRST ONE I JUST PUT A DOLLAR ON

BROS BASICALLY JUST DID IT FOR AVADON

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Quite possibly the worst bundle I've seen ever, unless you want to count the extremely indie freeware bundles.
And by worst I mean I would not play this shit for free, with the except of outpost kaloki. Harsh but honesty is good on codex, yes?

MHC you know what to do.

Multi-headed Cow

Didn't buy it either. Probably the 4th or 5th Indie Royale I've skipped now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Skipping it, too. Good value for all of those games but I just don't have any interest in anything but Outpost Kaloki. If I don't play another 2D puzzle platformer again in my life I'd be fine with that. Apparently a video teaser of a new Groupees bundle was supposed to be released today but I've yet to see it.

Multi-headed Cow

Second Groupees bundle

Supposedly gonna be Beat Hazard, Deathspank, Plain Sight, Madballs, Sol Survivor, and Killing Floor if you beat the average or pay a certain amount or something.

Already got all of it but Deathspank, so... Fuck. Indie bundles have been blueballing me lately. Last bundle I felt pretty good about buying was probably Humble Bundle 4.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's The Baconing, not Deathspank. You can tell because he has a shield and that wasn't in the first two games. Also considering it is published by Hothead themselves and not EA it makes more sense. Anyway, yeah, own everything there but Plain Sight and Sol Survivor. Plain Sight is dead and... eh... don't really care that much about Sol Survivor. Depends how much it costs. They said it'll be a higher base price so probably something like $4 or $5. If it were still a buck I'd lowball and hand out the free keys, since it isn't... not interested.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think it might be $2. They're saying they could add some really good game at the 4th 'group unlock' level but I won't be putting money in until they do. Don't really have any qualms with buying the games I own when I did. Got KF for $5 over two years ago. Madballs over a year ago for $2, Beat Hazard in one of those $5 for 5 Steam packs, and Baconing a couple of months ago (but I was in dire need of something to play at the time... just like I am now!).

Multi-headed Cow

Since I know you at least somewhat like roguelikes due to Dredmor, if you're in the mood for that kinda thing and desperate for some gaming (And haven't already played them, naturally) Rogue Survivor and Doom RL might be worth checking out. Both graphical roguelikes since I dunno if you're ACSII averse.

http://doom.chaosforge.org/ Doom RL is way more polished and easier to get the basics of than Survivor, and has some damn fine combat for a roguelike. Has multiple viable character builds depending on skills and equipment which is nice.

http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/ Controls a bit clunkier than Doom RL but has a nice grimdark zombie apocalypse feel to it. Have to sleep and eat, and time advances in the world constantly. Non-canned food will spoil after a while, survivors will get rarer/more desperate, zombies will get more numerous and tougher, and gangs of biker raiders will show up occasionally. Even had some alternate game modes that adds infection, so you and/or your companions could get infected with zombie-itus. Mentioned it in the Zomboid thread as far better than Zomboid, and by god it is. Still could stand to have a bunch more work done to it but it's fun enough I'll play a game or two occasionally even now.
And actually what the fuck, I'll throw a few more good freebies at you since I'm on a tangent now.

http://spelunkyworld.com/original.html Spelunky. Commonly called a roguelike platformer due to permadeath and randomized map. Really damn good, and balls hard.

http://www.desktopdungeons.net/?page_id=11 Desktop Dungeons. More puzzle game than anything, play through quick randomized dungeons with a hero of whatever class and try to kill a boss. Really simple to pick up and addicting.

For some reason I've got a feeling I've already pushed some of these games at you before, but I'm not sure. If I have I apologize for being pushy, they just tend to spring to my mind as really good freebies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom