Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by imweasel, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Silverfish Arbiter

Silverfish
    Or you could buy a good game instead.

• Brofist x 6
    • Yes x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • nice x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Olinser Savant

Olinser
    Paying 15 dollars for them to shit in your mouth is still 15 dollars too much.

I literally wouldn't play this crap if it were free.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. JDR13 Arcane

JDR13
    Except for the expansion DLC, which was garbage, the first game was good.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. kangaxx Savant

kangaxx
    The first game was 95% story and world, and the gameplay was wildly overrated. I can't see myself ever bothering with the second.

^ Top  
  5. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    Also it was a shooter on consoletrash. Why the hell would you want to play a shooter with a controller?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    Gameplay was overrated and story wasn't even that good. Never really bought into it or cared, their relationship. Clickers got old quick. Post above reminds me, I was irritated about not being able to turn off the aim assist tracking of enemies. Why when Uncharted let you play without?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    If I was thinking of playing a game like this I'd probably play Days Gone instead.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    Fifty dollars on Steam. Will have to wait a couple of years. If it were a GOG game, I'd just pirate it.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Just pirate the steam version?

^ Top  
  10. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    Used to do that a lot, but more of a hassle. Last Steam game I pirated, The TakeOver, wouldn't even crack/work. If I'm gonna keep something on my computer or in my archives, I'd rather it be DRM and crack-free.

^ Top  
  11. ferratilis Magister

ferratilis
    16 bucks
    https://www.eneba.com/us/steam-days-gone-steam-key-global

^ Top  
  12. JDR13 Arcane

JDR13
    Days Gone is nothing like TLoU, and it's actually worth paying for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Matador Arcane

Matador
    I would like the police inspect the Hard Disks of all the people who liked this game.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    Went pretty far in the Last of Us II today before deciding Survival was just crappy. I found it so lame that your enemies always have unlimited ammo and you always have maybe two bullets, if any. Makes the game way too much about coming up behind, grab n' stab, rinse and repeat. So now I'm trying a balance of Hard and Survival. Nice that you can adjust all the individual difficulty parameters. But now, with the meter just one lower I'm finding too many resources, when I only really wanted more ammo. Oh well.

She kills so many people to avenge one person, in a story that's supposed to be serious. If you look up the term "cognitive dissonance" in a dictionary, the definition is "The Last of Us, Part II." The story has no point. I don't feel like what I'm doing matters, because revenge is a stupid motivation. It's excusable in fantasy like God of War or exploitation like Kill Bill and Lady Snowblood, but stupid in serious drama. Imagine going through so much trouble, getting killed over and over from the player's perspective, to do something for a dead person who won't come back anyway.

First game that made me put the PS4 out in the hallway.

[​IMG]

Because when you're playing a cinematic game, what you want to hear is your console fans roaring nonstop over the ambience. Brilliant engineering, consoles. Build them like computers but make them so small that the fans can barely ventilate the heat. And all the gamers care about is how nice it looks.

The default Contrast and Brightness are much too low and high. Have them at +4 and -4 in HDR.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    Twenty runners, a bunch of clickers and a bloater for some guitar strings from the music shop?!

I dislike only being able to swap shoulders while aiming. It makes corners worse. L3 doesn't do anything important. Just lets you look at points of interest, which could have been done with Triangle when those moments occur. What they could have done is move the flashlight to L3 and then let you swap shoulders at all times with R3, fittingly the camera stick. Also wouldn't then have to leave the camera stick to press Cross to control THE CAMERA.

^ Top  
  16. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    I can't stand the rain, and not because of sweet memories.

[​IMG]

Any film director who would intentionally do this to their lens to make a storm feel wet would be laughed at. Really distracting and stupid. Screw artistic intent. Your artistic intention here was stupid and you should have provided an option to disable it. There's a lot of rain in this game.

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Thankfully there are no actual lens in videogames. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^ Top  
  18. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    "lens" effects in third person games are retarded, I don't want to feel like I'm playing as a cameraman

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. revealer Augur

revealer
    same with fpv

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Sodafish Arcane

Sodafish
    Unless the POV character is wearing a gasmask etc, like in Metro.

^ Top  
  21. revealer Augur

revealer
    Even then. I mean there is realism that increases immersion, and then there's realism that's just annoying.
    Like depth of field setting - bitch irl I just focus my eyes on background and have it clear, here it's just blurry shite all the time. Gives a movie effect? I'm not watching a freaking movie mkaay?!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Sodafish Arcane

Sodafish
    Almost without exception the use of this is retarded in games. We can agree on that.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ezekiel Arcane

Ezekiel
    I always turn off chromatic abberation, lens flares and such when I have the choice. Learned you can disable the rain droplets on the screen in The Last of Us II by turning off Accessibility Options > Motion Sickness > Enable Full Screen Effects.

The production values are nice. But that's a double-edged sword that stifles creativity. When you have over 2,000 people (I didn't make that number up.) working on a game, it's much harder for any one of them to make a suggestion. If I had worked there at the time and it was a smaller project with fewer people, maybe someone would have listened to me or read my note in the suggestion box when I said that shoulder swapping would have made more sense on R3, allowed at all times, not just while aiming.

Would be good if some of the upgrades weren't under abilities that you don't really want and have little if anything to do with the other. I hardly ever use the Listening mode, but I have to enhance it if I want certain other upgrades. Those later upgrades already cost more, so why put that extra cost there for something the player doesn't want? I hardly upgrade anything, because it's generally so expensive for so little. Wasted 80 on that rifle scope I hardly get to use.

Aiming is weird. Partly because the game assists. Wish the stealth was better. Wish that merely aiming at an unsuspecting enemy with your gun didn't give them this sixth sense. Well, not quite sixth sense, but it makes them extremely attuned to the outermost regions of their far peripheral vision.

Wish you could aim your gun from low cover without lifting your head. In Uncharted 1, you could actually pop out to the side from low cover, rather than always popping up. Uncharted 2 removed that, and I don't think Naughty Dog ever really improved their cover mechanics, whether it's sticky cover like Uncharted or free cover like The Last of Us. Well, it's nice that you can crouch and lie down. That's an improvement over Uncharted. But your movement options are still so limited that it's hard to aim at any enemy without getting shot at.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    ^ Top  
  24. GhostCow ワイフハンター Patron

GhostCow
    Reminder:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. JDR13 Arcane

JDR13
    Says the penis...

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.