Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Ezekiel

Arcane
Went pretty far in the Last of Us II today before deciding Survival was just crappy. I found it so lame that your enemies always have unlimited ammo and you always have maybe two bullets, if any. Makes the game way too much about coming up behind, grab n' stab, rinse and repeat. So now I'm trying a balance of Hard and Survival. Nice that you can adjust all the individual difficulty parameters. But now, with the meter just one lower I'm finding too many resources, when I only really wanted more ammo. Oh well.

She kills so many people to avenge one person, in a story that's supposed to be serious. If you look up the term "cognitive dissonance" in a dictionary, the definition is "The Last of Us, Part II." The story has no point. I don't feel like what I'm doing matters, because revenge is a stupid motivation. It's excusable in fantasy like God of War or exploitation like Kill Bill and Lady Snowblood, but stupid in serious drama. Imagine going through so much trouble, getting killed over and over from the player's perspective, to do something for a dead person who won't come back anyway.

First game that made me put the PS4 out in the hallway.

DSC01728.jpg

Because when you're playing a cinematic game, what you want to hear is your console fans roaring nonstop over the ambience. Brilliant engineering, consoles. Build them like computers but make them so small that the fans can barely ventilate the heat. And all the gamers care about is how nice it looks.

The default Contrast and Brightness are much too low and high. Have them at +4 and -4 in HDR.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Twenty runners, a bunch of clickers and a bloater for some guitar strings from the music shop?!

I dislike only being able to swap shoulders while aiming. It makes corners worse. L3 doesn't do anything important. Just lets you look at points of interest, which could have been done with Triangle when those moments occur. What they could have done is move the flashlight to L3 and then let you swap shoulders at all times with R3, fittingly the camera stick. Also wouldn't then have to leave the camera stick to press Cross to control THE CAMERA.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I can't stand the rain, and not because of sweet memories.

The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-20220426022246.jpg

Any film director who would intentionally do this to their lens to make a storm feel wet would be laughed at. Really distracting and stupid. Screw artistic intent. Your artistic intention here was stupid and you should have provided an option to disable it. There's a lot of rain in this game.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't stand the rain, and not because of sweet memories.

The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-20220426022246.jpg

Any film director who would intentionally do this to their lens to make a storm feel wet would be laughed at. Really distracting and stupid. Screw artistic intent. Your artistic intention here was stupid and you should have provided an option to disable it.
Thankfully there are no actual lens in videogames. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

revealer

Augur
Even then. I mean there is realism that increases immersion, and then there's realism that's just annoying.
Like depth of field setting - bitch irl I just focus my eyes on background and have it clear, here it's just blurry shite all the time. Gives a movie effect? I'm not watching a freaking movie mkaay?!

Ezekiel

Arcane
I always turn off chromatic abberation, lens flares and such when I have the choice. Learned you can disable the rain droplets on the screen in The Last of Us II by turning off Accessibility Options > Motion Sickness > Enable Full Screen Effects.

The production values are nice. But that's a double-edged sword that stifles creativity. When you have over 2,000 people (I didn't make that number up.) working on a game, it's much harder for any one of them to make a suggestion. If I had worked there at the time and it was a smaller project with fewer people, maybe someone would have listened to me or read my note in the suggestion box when I said that shoulder swapping would have made more sense on R3, allowed at all times, not just while aiming.

Would be good if some of the upgrades weren't under abilities that you don't really want and have little if anything to do with the other. I hardly ever use the Listening mode, but I have to enhance it if I want certain other upgrades. Those later upgrades already cost more, so why put that extra cost there for something the player doesn't want? I hardly upgrade anything, because it's generally so expensive for so little. Wasted 80 on that rifle scope I hardly get to use.

Aiming is weird. Partly because the game assists. Wish the stealth was better. Wish that merely aiming at an unsuspecting enemy with your gun didn't give them this sixth sense. Well, not quite sixth sense, but it makes them extremely attuned to the outermost regions of their far peripheral vision.

Wish you could aim your gun from low cover without lifting your head. In Uncharted 1, you could actually pop out to the side from low cover, rather than always popping up. Uncharted 2 removed that, and I don't think Naughty Dog ever really improved their cover mechanics, whether it's sticky cover like Uncharted or free cover like The Last of Us. Well, it's nice that you can crouch and lie down. That's an improvement over Uncharted. But your movement options are still so limited that it's hard to aim at any enemy without getting shot at.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Finished it today. God that was grim. Really don't understand the draw to that kind of storytelling. If the characters' actions made sense it would at least be more excusable.
Ellie murders about 150 people to spare one. Joel would be so proud.

Yeah, Abbie is a crappy character design. Just made her arms as big as possible and called it a day. Looked through my photo collection for muscular women and found bodybuilder Lisa Lyon. Much better balance there. Doesn't look like they simply attached a man's arms and shoulders to a woman's body. Admittedly, in some of these photos she's no longer as big.

7b6b3404a4c766550650d863f91c7068.jpg

36-001.jpg

500full-lisa-lyon.jpg

904full-lisa-lyon.jpg

32908201.jpg

1513288297-lisa-lyon-850x600.jpg

32407476631.jpg

external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg

f117ab136fb5dc3ed5334e45ed5a0e80.jpg

Lisa-Lyon-1.jpg

Lisa-Lyon-2.jpg

Lisa-Lyon-3.jpg

Lisa-Lyon-4.jpg

Lisa-Lyon-by-Robert-Mapplethorpe-1984.jpg

lisa-lyon-with-maple.jpg

Muses-3-gm-33282901.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I know you can find much bigger women, but they look like shit and train far more than Abbie would have time for. Abbie probably also eats an inordinate amount of WLF's food.

Reminds me, those big human enemies are hilarious. The ones who will go on with bullet holes in their faces. That guy whose jaw you cut in half, was he on PCP? Just dumb.

Those 21 floors you descend without an elevator in the spore-infested building were one of my favorite settings in the series.

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Finished it today. God that was grim. Really don't understand the draw to that kind of storytelling. If the characters' actions made sense it would at least be more excusable.
TLOU2 is the poster child for what I like to call "soy dad core" - developers get hit with their middle age crisis, self-loathing and dropping testosterone counts and turn into whiny woketards trying to prove to the world they're serious artists - which to the retarded mind of the average Western liberal means shitting out post-modernist, nihilist dreck about how everything is bad and sad and you should feel bad and sad too, especially if you're a disgusting heterosexual white man.

Other "masterpieces" belonging to this emerging genre are Max Payne 3, GTA 4, GTA 5, RDR2.

Everything in these games is purposely designed to suck out any modicum of joy and enjoyment out of them - the lackluster gameplay, what little there is, is drowned out by a depressing story filled with horrible people doing horrible things to each other for no good reason, while the audience is constantly being berated and told they should feel like shit for sitting there and playing this pile of shit (which, in all honestly, they should).

Abbie is a crappy character design
Again, as mentioned above, she was specifically designed to be repulsive, *least any heterosexual man in the audience rapes her with his eyes. So yes, it's quite deliberate that she looks like some Frankenstein gorilla experiment that somehow escaped from the tranny lab and is now subsisting on a diet of horse testosterone injections and roids.

*It's kosher for Druckmann to do so though, he's attracted to troons and desperately wants to have sex with them, like every other demented and disgusting kike.

Ezekiel

Arcane

Unless you're making the kind of action/shooter game that doesn't have the camera centered off the shoulder, there is no excuse not to give the player full swapping ability.

SumDrunkGuy

You couldn't pay me to play this thing, and I actually enjoyed the first game. Naughty Dog went full retard.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I hate seeing sex scenes in games. First time I was exposed to one was in Wolfenstein: The New Order, and it grossed me out back then too. Big reason I never touched the Witcher games. It's just nasty.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Neil Druckman is a piece of shit leftard douche. The guy's a male feminist and bullshitting ally of all women's groups. What does he do? Push the woman who started it all completely out. The guy is a huge fucking predator. Only a matter of time before he's exposed and cancelled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom