Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

mkultra

Augur
Imagine giving a shit about woke bullshit in video games. If It's western AAA it will have pandering, just ignore it and see if the actual game is any good or take the indie pill

It's in all big media ("gotta get that ESG score up for the investors!") so unless someone plays 100% small indie titles you will have pandering to some degree, it's all about how much of it is, and if it's in the key elements or just in some side stuff... here it does seem to be in too many key things, i don't know exactly how tainted that is though.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Haven't read this thread yet, so I don't know if it's come up, but recently Sonyfags on Twitter have been trying to turn this game into a Death Stranding-esque "misunderstood cult classic". Their evidence of this is "woah animation so purty!! gud grafix!!" Sonyfags truly are the lowest form of organic matter

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Haven't read this thread yet, so I don't know if it's come up, but recently Sonyfags on Twitter have been trying to turn this game into a Death Stranding-esque "misunderstood cult classic". Their evidence of this is "woah animation so purty!! gud grafix!!" Sonyfags truly are the lowest form of organic matter
And they have Bloodborne.
Deus Vult!

jackofshadows

Magister
If that's what they're doing then it's fucking dumb. The animations, the visuals and all that are the easiest things to evaluate even if that also require some experience and well, taste. Of course it's easier than leaning on "violence is bad mkay" or even muh tribalism. Or Krishna forbid, to tell how important some woke messages in it and that's why it's so invaluable piece of mass cult.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
I thought the first game was overhyped malarkey and never really thought about this IP until a friend started playing it recently, but these leaks are top shelf garbage

This whole "bUt w|-I0msT is ReElly teh villain!?!?!?!?" shit could maybe work in the hands of someone that really knows what they're doing, but even then it's up there with "w0w it vauz awl a dreem!!!!1" among overplayed plot twists that're more annoying than thought-provoking most of the time

Y'know I nearly forgot I posted here until you guys showed up in my alerts while I was lubing up to deliver another 40 pages of... that thing I do. I know I could always, y'know, unwatch threads, but I don't actually post in a lot of places so it's not usually a huge deal. It's not a big deal here either, I actually have an update for you on my friend's experience playing the game. (The second game, specifically - when I originally posted, he was playing through the first. He's since finished the second.)

For context, this friend is the exact kind of woke weenie the pandering in this game would appeal to. He's been having a "crisis of identity" lately, he speaks like a goddamn twitter post (take a shot for every "yikes," "wholesome," "content warning" and "(incoherent keyboard smashing)" and you'll be dead by the eleventh message) and he's under this strange impression that pretending to be happy to the point where it's genuinely disturbing will cure his untreated depression. Nothing against him as a person, guy's got problems and when he isn't caught up in dumb political fads he has decent taste in RPGs. Anyway, you get the fucking point, by all metrics he should have loved this game.

Except he didn't - he fucking hated it. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him hate anything more than this game, aside from maybe Skyrim. And even then, I'm not sure Skyrim stole 50 bucks from him.
TL;DR proof that a game can have all the diversity in the world and still suck wang

Olinser

Savant

So to be clear, the woke morons have abandoned the LUL FASTEST SELLING GAME EVAR BREAKS RECORDS SO POPULAR SMASH HIT LUL crap that they were spewing and now it's a 'cult classic'.

Xelocix

Learned
Since you can't read, i didn't play the entire game, i played 3-4h
Then stop trying to say it's not as woke as people say it is. If you don't know then shut the fuck up.
As i said, i refuse to support the game because its indeed woke and political.
Props for that, but you still said something retarded and needed to be called out on it.

Whoa there gamer, calm down. :( Ease off the g-fuel.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Some things changes but Playstation ads - not

r7l1ol0r3m651.jpg

j4mvf66jno451.png

Ezekiel

Arcane
Twenty dollars now. Still too much? I found the first game average.

15 dollars now. Most PlayStation AAA games under that price aren't in print anymore, so not much point in waiting longer. Yeah, Neil Druckmann is a big douche and neither The Last of Us nor Uncharted 4 were good, but for fifteen dollars I'm willing to try out his latest art game. The Lost Legacy WAS good, which just supports my belief that he should never direct or write another Naughty Dog game.

Olinser

Savant

15 dollars now. Most PlayStation AAA games under that price aren't in print anymore, so not much point in waiting longer. Yeah, Neil Druckmann is a big douche and neither The Last of Us nor Uncharted 4 were good, but for fifteen dollars I'm willing to try out his latest art game. The Lost Legacy WAS good, which just supports my belief that he should never direct or write another Naughty Dog game.

Paying 15 dollars for them to shit in your mouth is still 15 dollars too much.

I literally wouldn't play this crap if it were free.

JDR13

Arcane

Except for the expansion DLC, which was garbage, the first game was good.

Norfleet

Also it was a shooter on consoletrash. Why the hell would you want to play a shooter with a controller?

Ezekiel

Arcane
The first game was 95% story and world, and the gameplay was wildly overrated. I can't see myself ever bothering with the second.

Gameplay was overrated and story wasn't even that good. Never really bought into it or cared, their relationship. Clickers got old quick. Post above reminds me, I was irritated about not being able to turn off the aim assist tracking of enemies. Why when Uncharted let you play without?

Ezekiel

Arcane
If I was thinking of playing a game like this I'd probably play Days Gone instead.
Fifty dollars on Steam. Will have to wait a couple of years. If it were a GOG game, I'd just pirate it.
Just pirate the steam version?
Used to do that a lot, but more of a hassle. Last Steam game I pirated, The TakeOver, wouldn't even crack/work. If I'm gonna keep something on my computer or in my archives, I'd rather it be DRM and crack-free.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would like the police inspect the Hard Disks of all the people who liked this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom