Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Neil Druckman is a piece of shit leftard douche. The guy's a male feminist and bullshitting ally of all women's groups. What does he do? Push the woman who started it all completely out. The guy is a huge fucking predator. Only a matter of time before he's exposed and cancelled.

This is not how the world works.

Neil Druckmann, the writer and director behind The Last of Us games and Uncharted 4, has been promoted to co-president of developer Naughty Dog.5 dec. 2020

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Neil Druckman is a piece of shit leftard douche. The guy's a male feminist and bullshitting ally of all women's groups. What does he do? Push the woman who started it all completely out. The guy is a huge fucking predator. Only a matter of time before he's exposed and cancelled.

Neil Druckmann, the writer and director behind The Last of Us games and Uncharted 4, has been promoted to co-president of developer Naughty Dog.5 dec. 2020
That's true. It's not how the world works. Still, I have hope.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Eh, all it takes is for one woman to get upset with him and accuse him of rape. He's a male feminist so everyone will believe it.
He's a SJW champion. He can rape anyone and nothing will happen to him.

I would not be surprised to see him go higher considering that BlackRock and Vanguard have a big chunk of Sony. ESG and all that stuff.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It looks like karma is finally catching up to Naughty Dog:
- Multiplayer TLOU game cancelled,
- Fired multiple people (in some cases studio veterans)
- TLOU2 remaster cash grab.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
To be fair the laying off seems to be a part of a mass-firing movement all over the industry - Epic, Embracer, Team 17, Telltale, now Naughty Dog...not sure what the fuck is happening, why is everybody choosing to shed weight this particular moment.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
To be fair the laying off seems to be a part of a mass-firing movement all over the industry - Epic, Embracer, Team 17, Telltale, now Naughty Dog...not sure what the fuck is happening, why is everybody choosing to shed weight this particular moment.
eHclMDf1Yu9f.png

Modron

Arcane
Embracer, Telltale,
Embracer was expecting a huge investment from the Saudis that fell apart on the day the contracts were expected to be signed (the saudi's yuge first investment was what led to their massive acquisitions for example and this one was supposed to be even bigger than that). Telltale has been on life support for like a decade and is surprising that it is still around at this point so no surprise there. I am sure someone else can inform you of the other's failings.

Embracer, Telltale,
Embracer was expecting a huge investment from the Saudis that fell apart on the day the contracts were expected to be signed (the saudi's yuge first investment was what led to their massive acquisitions for example and this one was supposed to be even bigger than that). Telltale has been on life support for like a decade and is surprising that it is still around at this point so no surprise there. I am sure someone else can inform you of the other's failings.

Telltale died in 2018.

The current Telltale is a different company that bought up the name and assets after Telltale went under.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So what happened to Neill Jewpedo Druckmann? Is he still claiming success that's not rightfully his or what?
Looking for a new tailcoat to ride maybe. :lol:

He did co-write the HBO show supposedly, but who knows how much work he did there. I watched the show up to episode 9 where I kind of couldn't bring myself to carry on. I find the whole premise of post-apocalypse too depressing. I think the show was carried by the main cast, even that unfortunately looking girl who plays Ellie wasn't too bad an actress.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
She wasn't too bad as an actress but she has a look of a literal retard. No idea what's her actual deal is but it's not a nice look.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So what happened to Neill Jewpedo Druckmann? Is he still claiming success that's not rightfully his or what?
Evan Wells will retire at the end of 2023 which means Druckmann will become the main and only ND's President.

Meanwhile the company is leaking talent. There were ((intentional)) layoffs. One big project cancelled and no direction.

Basically at the start of 2024 ND will be just a husk of a former great studio. All thanks to Neil Druckmann.

Also he was an executive producer on the Uncharted movie therefore he got a part from the global profit. Not like that loser - Amy Hening - which created the characters.

DemonKing

Arcane
We're three years into the PS5 cycle and still no new game announcement from Naughty Dog.

No doubt they will be trying to cash in on the success of the LoU TV show but if their next release is a LoU2 PS5/PC release that will make their last three releases remakes/updates...

911 Jumper

Educated

The studio is done.

It's not an orthodox thing but I fucking hate this studio under Neil Druckmann.

Let it burn.

They went from Jak and Daxter to helping to normalise the over-the-shoulder cinematic shooter that now blights this industry. I particularly dislike the influence TLOU has had on a number of games.

Edit: similar thing is happening with Insomniac. All part of Sony's Californication of the PlayStation platform.

9ted6

Educated

I wonder what was going on in Druckman's mind when he thought that having you play a character in the sequel who brutally kills the first game's MC and beats the shit out of the other one was a good idea that would endear people to the game.

Not that TLOU was ever well written, its story was dumb and Joel and Ellie were dumb, but I don't even remember many normies liking 2's plot. It was hated by pretty much everybody but journalists.

Silverfish

Arbiter
A second sequel would be completely unnecessary. ND should make Abby Anderson's Putting Challenge as a spinoff instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom