Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Longest Journey HD Mod

Dodo1610

Arcane
Just found it on Twitter!

https://tljhd.github.io/

The Longest Journey HD is a mod for one of the best adventure games ever made. It includes neural network upscaled backgrounds and sprites, redrawn user interface and a lot of other small improvements thanks to ResidualVM implementation of the game engine. You can play it on Windows, Linux and macOS.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

Vanilla screenshots for comparison:
05.jpg

09.jpg

Gonna instal this right now and give you some feedback.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Just finished the game for the first time with HD mod and MAN, that is a hell of adventure game, such a great writing, such a thoughtful world and alive characters. It easily goes to my top-3.

Upscaled textures are sometimes goes weird (in little details, like micro movements of a distant NPCs become creepyfest) but overall it looks amazing.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Man, I'd rather deal with original low-rez textures in any game than have creepy creeping bug-shit caused by mods or buggy-fuck engines. My favorite is when you see NPCs gliding along on great balls of air beneath their feet in the distance. I tried playing FFIX recently with some visual mod to sharpen textures and was rewarded with a great, fat blue arrow thingy perpetually in the middle of my screen

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Man, I'd rather deal with original low-rez textures in any game than have creepy creeping bug-shit caused by mods or buggy-fuck engines.

No, it's not bad here, and the Pros of this Mod are infinitely more cool than the occasional Contras.

You can see the small distrurbances around hand- and head-animations of small animated figures on the background, stuff like that. Backgrounds and front screen animations are totally cool.

Neuromancer

Augur
No, it's not bad here, and the Pros of this Mod are infinitely more cool than the occasional Contras.
I agree.
Sometimes you notice these small errors but they are really minor and don't distract too much.

In general the game looks really great with the HD mod.
Recommended!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom