Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Lord Of The Rings: Gollum - stealth action game by Daedalic

ADL

Prophet
Crazy that they keep attributing this game's failure to the budget when I'm pretty sure the first Styx game was made for around the same amount. Maybe even less.

That's all this needed to be. Styx: lord of the rings.

Hobknobling

Learned
Crazy that they keep attributing this game's failure to the budget when I'm pretty sure the first Styx game was made for around the same amount. Maybe even less.

That's all this needed to be. Styx: lord of the rings.
Exactly. I don't understand why people say that a Gollum stealth game was a bad idea.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I beat them to this months ago.

Another whiny developer apology message: https://twitter.com/GollumGame/status/1662124108614717448

FxEKsI6WAAA7gim
Hi ChatGPT - seriously the number of PR people now just throwing this into ChatGPT and saying done is getting ridiculous now, I ran through Blizzard's apology and it was shockingly similar to what they said and did.
[Your Name] [Your Position] Daedalic Entertainment [Date]

To our valued players and fans,

Subject: Apology for the state of Lord of the Rings: Gollum

We write to you today to address the concerns and disappointment surrounding the release of Lord of the Rings: Gollum. On behalf of Daedalic Entertainment, we sincerely apologize for the state in which the game has been released.

We understand that many of you had high expectations for this title, and we acknowledge that we have fallen short of delivering the experience you deserved. We take full responsibility for the quality issues and the negative impact they have had on your gameplay experience.

During the development of Lord of the Rings: Gollum, we encountered unforeseen challenges that ultimately affected the overall quality of the game. We regret that these issues were not adequately addressed prior to release, and we understand the frustration and dissatisfaction this has caused.

We want to assure you that our team is actively working to address the technical issues and bugs that have been reported. We are committed to improving the game and providing patches and updates in a timely manner to enhance your experience.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused. We value your feedback and will continue to listen and address your concerns to the best of our abilities. Your support and understanding during this challenging time are greatly appreciated.

Once again, we apologize for the state of Lord of the Rings: Gollum and any inconvenience it has caused. We remain committed to improving the game and delivering a more enjoyable experience in the future. We sincerely thank you for your patience and continued support.

Yours faithfully,

[Your Name] [Your Position] Daedalic Entertainment

the only bit I changed was about compensation, the AI was like "give them free DLC" and I'm like "um do you have any idea how the AAA industry works chatGPT" lol
try it yourself, bonus points for making the apology as ridiculous and as gaslighting as possible.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Great now I have to live with the knowledge that Poki wanted to do a third Edna game but the management didn't let him, so he left and we got this train wreck instead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom