Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Even derpier, tbh. "Spread" of dark energy, really? BioWare cannot into basic cosmology

Ia5gl.jpg

There! Now itz make sense! The dark enegiez iz coming to eatz us!

Oldschool:bro:

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I've just finished watching all of the game's bik files on my preloaded ( :smug: ) version... you guys have no idea what is waiting for Codexia for the next couple of months.
You're saying there's even worse stuff in the game than what we've already seen?

307oqhh.gif

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist

racofer

Thread Incliner
Highlights:
(note, none of the videos have audio since those are played separately from the cutscenes so that Bioware can completely change the audio and we get a completely new emotional experience with the same video)
  • You can kill the Reapers with either a Blue, Green or Red energy pulse. All cutscenes are just alike though;
  • Said energy pulse is emitted by the Citadel, which is now on Earth's orbit;
  • Very short flashback videos or your crew, friends and love interests. Probably indicating Shepard's last thoughts before the ultimate sacrifice ending;
  • That video that those professional jornasluts were talking about, which takes place after the credits, is Shepard's body amidst a pile of ruble in his/her N7 armor. (S)He appears to be dead, but then you him/her breathing and the cutscene ends;
  • Very derpy moment when Joker is flying the Normandy attempting to flee from the Blue, Green or Red energy pulse. At one point Joker looks back, despite the fact that he's in the Normandy's cockpit and there's nothing to look back at except the Normandy's corridor;
  • Anderson dies in a blast;
  • That old guy with a kid we saw on one of the videos above is real, so all that dumb dialog with the kid is all most likely real as well;
  • The final battle takes on London;
  • The Genophage cure is delivered by a high building blossoming and spreading sparkling little faeries all over the Krogan homeworld, with Krogans looking up at the sky marveled at that beautiful sighting (yes, I'm not making this shit up);
  • The Quarians can wipe out the Geth;
  • The Geth can wipe out the Quarian fleet (it seems to be Tali aboard the Quarian capitol chip getting blown up);
  • The thresher maw does indeed brawl with a Reapers and it looks like it wins;
  • One of the Reaper ships, during the final battle, humps on what looks like a Turian ship from behind and penetrates it with its main laser (Reapers are rapists? :lol: );
  • There seems to be a small video that plays before you select your henchmen for the next-mission instead of simply presenting you with with squad selection screen;
  • Apparently Admiral Hackett is commanding the whole fleet, including Turian, Asari, Geth and Quarian ships for the last mission;
  • Some of the loading videos seem to indicate you can once again walk around the Citadel's Presidum;
Also, none of those videos are in 1080p despite Mass Effect 3's MAJESTICNESS, so expect the same blurry pre-rendered cutscenes you saw in ME2.

So after all the dark energy foreshadowing in ME2 they're just gonna drop it? Did even plan the whole trilogy thing more than just writing down "reapers want to kill everything, Shepard finally stops them in ME3"..

Part of the team (can't remember his name, hoopy mentioned it awhile back) said that while they were working on ME1, the plans for 2 consisted of about a half page of text, and 3 no more than a paragraph. They didn't really plan anything out. They lied.

END OF LINE

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The flashback of the LI doesn't include the ME2 or the new ME3 romances btw. Expect MAJOR butthurt from the Talimancers from this.
Oh yea, that too. :lol:
Christmas is coming early for the Codex.

EDIT: By the way, this dark energy stuff reminds me of something... Like Shepard should have collar-grabbed the heavens or something.

Hegel

Arcane
You forgot the most important thing. The kid from the Demo? He is the Reaper's God. :smug:
This turd would make Matrix 2 and 3 appear like a masterpiece.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
You forgot the most important thing. The kid from the Demo? He is the Reaper's God. :smug:

Apparently this is supposed to be some projection of Shepards thoughts, he feels bad because of that kid and so that god thingy chooses this appearance. Doesn't make it less derpy, but that's what I have gathered.

Cipher
I think I posted snippets of this earlier, but there's more. It seems Ash or Kaidan turns against some EXTREME choice of yours, and you have to persuade or kill them. Check the heavy CnC.

Look... don't "Ash" me.
Don't "Kaidan" me. This is business.

Of course. I didn't mean to...
Sorry, Shepard. It's just that...

I do, I'm sorry. I didn't mean--
Perfectly. I didn't mean to--

Ash...
Kaidan...

You of all people should know what I'm about, Ash.
I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, Ash.
Please... trust me.
You want to hate Cerberus, fine... but I'm done explaining myself to you.
Are we clear?

You of all people should know what I'm about, Kaidan.
I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, Kaidan.
Please... trust me.
You don't trust Cerberus, fine... but I'm done explaining myself to you.
Are we clear?

You know me better than that.
We've been through a lot.
Get over it.

You know me better than that.
We've been through a lot.
Get over it.

And also that Ash aced the "don't shoot your commander" portion of the Normandy reinstatement test.
And Kaidan's back! He even remembered the first rule of serving on the Normandy: Don't shoot the commander.3

But how could Ash turn on you? She was one of us! She saw what happened on Virmire. On Ilos!
But Kaidan? I mean, he was with us from the beginning! He saw what happened on Virmire. On Ilos!

Go easy on Ash. She's been through a lot.
Go easy on Kaidan. He's been through a lot.

Be nice.
Forget about Ash.
Be nice.
Forget about Kaidan.

Wrex alive/dead:

When he heard, Wrex contacted the turian primarch and gave him an earful.
When he heard, Wreav contacted the primarch and gave him an earful.

With Wrex and the primarch aboard the Normandy, you've got a situation brewing.
With Wreav and the primarch aboard the Normandy, you've got a situation brewing.
When Wrex put Aralakh Company together, he needed a leader who represented the future of our species.
When Wreav put Aralakh Company together, he needed a leader who represented the future of our species.

When Wrex put Aralakh Company together to demonstrate krogan unity, he needed a leader that was respected and feared.
When Wreav put Aralakh Company together to demonstrate krogan unity, he needed a leader that was respected and feared.

You're usually full of ideas, Mordin. You altered the genophage before -- there must be a way.
Salarians are usually full of ideas, Wiks. There must be a way.

Whatever happens to sound like a word becomes a name.
You're saying "Wrex" was a belch?
You're saying "Wreav" was a belch?

Wouldn't have anything to do with Wrex jumping you at the Citadel, would it? Heard he was pretty angry.
Wouldn't have anything to do with Wreav jumping you at the Citadel, would it? Heard he wanted your head.

General:

I know what you're thinking. I held back the order when the Fifth Fleet could have saved the last Council.
I know what you're thinking. I'm dangerous. I've had my brains scrambled by beacons and Cerberus and who knows what else.

The Reapers are more fallible than they proclaim. Despite its best efforts, the one on Tuchanka was destroyed... by a worm.

Coming by again, Shepard? I'm flattered.

At times. The oxygen transfer proteins don't form correctly. Your human equivalent would be hemoglobin.
As a result, my blood is low in oxygen. No matter how much I breathe in, I get tingling, numbness... and that is the best of it.
As for my brain, I cannot track the damage. I just experience dizziness from time to time.
I would not be as I was before. I need daily medical attention.
And if I know you, you will want to fight the Reapers somehow. You need the best at your side, and I am not at mine.
I am at peace with what I've done in my life, Shepard. There comes a time when one must rest from war and conflict.
It is not your time, but it is mine.
I have family here that I must take care of, Shepard. I have neglected my son, and now he is self-destructive.
He may be safe from Reapers here, but I worry. If he dies -- when he dies -- I want him to know he has a loving father.
That means I must give things up for him. I'm sorry.
I've been to several doctors. My favorite gave me three months to live... nine months ago.
It's freeing to find no requirements placed on me. No responsibilities, no fears. It is a good end to a life.
Some people would find this uncertainty freeing. I contemplate what I have done.
Hmm... I warned you there were limits to what I can do.
Perhaps if we just talked a little more. That would be less... strenuous.
I... don't think that's what you want, Shepard, even if it seems like a good idea now.
Hearts are fragile things, and even a little confusion can cause permanent damage. To you or... whomever.
I'd like that.
You should understand that my cardiovascular system is not what it wa-- Mmm.

The Reapers are using our own tactics against us: destroy the enemy with overwhelming force.

Hegel

Arcane

Apparently this is supposed to be some projection of Shepards thoughts, he feels bad because of that kid and so that god thingy chooses this appearance. Doesn't make it less derpy, but that's what I have gathered.
Yeah, you can feel the emotion.

Anderson.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
What an epic clusterfuck of megaretardation. This shit makes Modern Warfare and Black Ops look well put together in comparison. I... I almost feel bad for the Bilewarian Masses.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I still can't get my head around the fact Shephard has to gather allies in ME3. One would think that every race in the galaxy would be up in arms because of the Reaper invasion. Why do we have to ask for their help?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I still can't get my head around the fact Shephard has to gather allies in ME3. One would think that every race in the galaxy would be up in arms because of the Reaper invasion. Why do we have to ask for their help?

Well, their homeworlds get attacked aswell, it's more of persuading them into joining a single central attack (dumb strategy btw :D ) so not each race tries to get rid of those Reapers on their own.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I love watching a train wreck in the making. Especially when oh so many still think that the train in question will safely arrive at its destination. Honestly the ME3 plot is shaping up to be an outright prosperian incoherent mess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom