Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I still can't get my head around the fact Shephard has to gather allies in ME3. One would think that every race in the galaxy would be up in arms because of the Reaper invasion. Why do we have to ask for their help?

Well, their homeworlds get attacked aswell, it's more of persuading them into joining a single central attack (dumb strategy btw :D ) so not each race tries to get rid of those Reapers on their own.

The space combat in ME3 looks like american revolutionary war infantry battles where marching formations of troops trade fire at each other.

Angthoron

Arcane
I still can't get my head around the fact Shephard has to gather allies in ME3. One would think that every race in the galaxy would be up in arms because of the Reaper invasion. Why do we have to ask for their help?

Well, their homeworlds get attacked aswell, it's more of persuading them into joining a single central attack (dumb strategy btw :D ) so not each race tries to get rid of those Reapers on their own.

The space combat in ME3 looks like american revolutionary war infantry battles where marching formations of troops trade fire at each other.
Yeah, that came to mind as well. Seems that centuries of warfare were instantly forgotten once the races got TO SPAAAAACE.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Yeah, that came to mind as well. Seems that centuries of warfare were instantly forgotten once the races got TO SPAAAAACE.

It seems that the alien races have caught...

SHEPARDS

MetalCraze

Arcane
For a dev so hated by the truly oldschool elite (95%) in this here forum, which played all screenshots on Mobygames, to have a 152 page thread dedicated mostly to a single game? Truly Codex cannot forgive a dev that didn't release the best RPG in fucking years for 2 years. This is how shitty those Bioware games are.

Angthoron

Arcane
For a dev so hated by the truly oldschool elite (95%) in this here forum, which played all screenshots on Mobygames, to have a 152 page thread dedicated mostly to a single game? Truly Codex cannot forgive a dev that didn't release the best RPG in fucking years for 2 years. This is how shitty those Bioware games are.

Skyway please, this is not about one single game. This is about a trilogy. :smug:

Also.

1761.jpg

Jaesun joins the legion of the non-organicsmic?

:rage:

Angthoron

Arcane
Jaesun used that avatar for quite a while before the serpent one.
Yeah, but his title? I haven't noticed that before.

Anyway, regarding ME space combat - is it just my impression, or is it seriously heavy on capital-class ships? And if it is, how does that make any sense? They'd have been outclassed by smaller, more maneuverable ships ages ago. Okay, I know I'm trying to comment on realism in a BioWare game but still, what. Formations used best for catching stray shots, capital ships, why, why? BioWare cannot into military history.

Angthoron

Arcane
Space warfare wouldn't even be anything like naval or air warfare, so historical accuracy makes no difference.

It'd still be more close to air warfare than that - heavily reliant on mobility, since a bunch of smaller and faster interceptor vessels would punch holes in a capital ship while it'd try to aim. And yeah, sure, you could arm capital ships with fast-tracking turrets and so on, but at the same cost you could probably provide enough firepower to wipe it out and keep most of the force intact.

It's kinda why we don't make giant fucking tanks.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Gamerfuzion gives it 9.5/10

http://www.gamerfuzion.com/blogs/mass-effect-3-review-xbox-360-ps3-pc/

Pixelordeath says that Mass Effect 3
offers experience so blindingly immersive that even Skyrim begins to resemble a cheap, next-gen adaptation of Super Mario World.

Finishing with
Bioware has created a gem for the ages not soon to be outdone

http://pixelsordeath.com/features/assuming-control-a-preview-of-mass-effect-3

How do you feel now Todd ?

IGN starts with a whooping 6 page review and it's only the start, we learn that ME 3 story is probably the best written story in history
I found myself continually shaking my head in awe as things came together, not only from Mass Effect 2, but from Mass Effect itself, how bioware accomplished all of this successfully borders on mind-boggling.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219446p1.html

Mass Effect 3, best sci-fi game/novel/movie in history of mankind ? You decide.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The amount of hyperbole in these articles is amazing. It's like these guys are all competing to come up with the most ridiculous claims of all.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Skyrim wasn't even supposed to be "immersive" in the same way that ME3 is. It's comparing apples and oranges.

Malpercio

Arcane
I just can't wait for some reviews to give it a 8 (!!!!), creating a massive shitstorm from Biodrones because the metacritic score got lowered.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The amount of hyperbole in these articles is amazing. It's like these guys are all competing to come up with the most ridiculous claims of all.

Well, they need to outdo EA's marketing, otherwise they're redundant.

Isn't it a fun industry, where the press hypes a product more than its creators?

Weierstraß

Learned
Project: Eternity
I swear, the Gamerfuzion video review is an elaborate troll video. I don't know what I just watched.

And I know, getting my hopes up was stupid, but I thought that maybe this time it would be too much for these reviewers to take.

Angthoron

Arcane
Gamerfuzion gives it 9.5/10

http://www.gamerfuzion.com/blogs/mass-effect-3-review-xbox-360-ps3-pc/

Pixelordeath says that Mass Effect 3
offers experience so blindingly immersive that even Skyrim begins to resemble a cheap, next-gen adaptation of Super Mario World.

Finishing with
Bioware has created a gem for the ages not soon to be outdone

http://pixelsordeath.com/features/assuming-control-a-preview-of-mass-effect-3

How do you feel now Todd ?

IGN starts with a whooping 6 page review and it's only the start, we learn that ME 3 story is probably the best written story in history
I found myself continually shaking my head in awe as things came together, not only from Mass Effect 2, but from Mass Effect itself, how bioware accomplished all of this successfully borders on mind-boggling.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219446p1.html

Mass Effect 3, best sci-fi game/novel/movie in history of mankind ? You decide.

Motherfucking Mass Effect,
With aliens in space
In Shepard's gay embrace
It's just so fucking cool
Don't like it? You're a tool

The story is so deep
Conclusion is so sweet
When Reapers come for you
Motherfucking Mass Effect
They'll read our review

They'll see we gave them ten of ten
And that we liked butt sex
They'll like us all the better then
'Cause Mr. T's like Wrex
They'll give us banner ads and cash
And take us to a bar
We'll drink and dance and smoke some hash
And give an extra star

Angthoron

Arcane
Space warfare wouldn't even be anything like naval or air warfare, so historical accuracy makes no difference.

It'd still be more close to air warfare.

lol wrong. The closest we have to space combat on earth is under water combat, and how much combat under water have we seen? Pretty much none.

lol no, speeds would be completely different, assuming sci-fi level techs.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Editor’s Note: Here at Pixels or Death, we’re dreamers, always dreaming big. Sometimes, (ok, most of the time) these dreams are of the “fever” variety, descending upon us like a drunken epiphany while we’re mid rage-quit blackout (Call of Duty’s lesser-known gametype “Whiskey Headshot” is a hell of a game). But because we’re oozing almost as much journalistic integrity as we are vitriol and spittle, we feel like we should share even these depraved insights with you all; what awaits below is just such a dream.
You probably would have figured this out anyway, but needless to say, this isn’t a “real” review of Mass Effect 3. We didn’t play the game early, and are in no position to make any sort of legitimate commentary on its contents or story. So if you’ve clicked this link hoping for a hot scoop into what the “real” (whatever THAT means) Mass Effect 3 is like, sorry, I guess. But what we can offer you here is so much more. Nothing so base as mere “entertainment” (though we hope you derive plenty of that from this as well), but more importantly, we can offer you a glimpse into the mind of a dreamer. A look at what some of our favorite games COULD be. And hope. Hope that one day, an ambitious developer picks up on our lofty ideas and wild imaginings, and being the brave soul that he or she is, makes sure they never, ever see the light of day.

:retarded: WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE:retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom