Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

circ

Arcane
Post-credit sequence, an old man is with a young boy (presumably his grandson, I can't remember if the kid called him grandpa or not) in a wooded area, there is a big planet in the sky and lots of stars, the kid says "Tell me another story about Shepard" and the guy says, "Ok, just one more..."

Some people have made a different ending for that sequence too.

1DXLk.jpg
:hug:

hiver

charity it is at this point.

Also, this :

7MS6O.jpg

wait... aahhh... aaalriiiight.... remember what Sovereign said all the way back in that unrelated game called ME1?

I get you now Sovereign... i get ou now dawg... fuck... you were actually right!

:lol:

Go Plinkett GO!

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...s-director-addresses-the-games-controversies/

What are your thoughts on the reaction to the game’s endings?

I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in. That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.

So either he is lying, Bioware didn't tell him about the "real" endings or there are no other endings which would destroy the hope of some of the fans, like in this thread: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9764576/1.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This reminds of all the whining over Obsidian's NWN2 and KOTOR2 endings. WAAA WAAA WAA Endings suck. No, they don't. The endings in those games as well as ME3's are absolutely fukkin' fine. FFS Stop being so overly melodramatic. FFS Get off yourn fukkin' soap box. Boo fukkin' hoo!

L0l @ LATEST PIC

I love the netz.. I hate the netz...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...s-director-addresses-the-games-controversies/

What are your thoughts on the reaction to the game’s endings?

I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in. That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.

So either he is lying, Bioware didn't tell him about the "real" endings or there are no other endings which would destroy the hope of some of the fans, like in this thread: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9764576/1.

SPIN MODE ON!

There are no other endings in the main game of Mass Effect 3. No mention of DLCs, expansion packs, spin-off novels, movies, anime. Plus maybe he can't talk about it, yet. It'd spoil the surprise. I don't believe Bioware would end their critically acclaimed trilogy on such a downer. Have faith guys.

LoPan

Learned
Tried to embark on the Mass Effect epic; spirit was in for the long haul; spirit broke after getting specterered.

Conclusion: if you like any ME game then there is a policeman in your head and he must be destroyed.

LoPan

Learned
PA Report's Ben Kuchera thought it appropriate for himself to chime in and answer phantom questions:

How do you expect someone to make a decision that impacts the galaxy when you are speaking through the mouth of a child who reminds that person of their own failings in dealing with the crisis at hand? In some ways the child represents Shepard’s worst fears, and all the people he couldn’t save. It makes sense.

What it means to lead a life without principle.

That may be harsh, but I have yet to find evidence to the contrary in regards to the character of video game journalists. I think quoting George Seldes will here be pertinent:

"The truth is not in the commercial media because the truth is a dagger pointed at its heart, which is its pocketbook."

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

The Biodrones butthurt is delicious :dance: . Like they didn't noticed that second part story has already nothing to do with first and it disregards choices from first part. Bioware EA is too lazy and greedy to spend jewgold on variants which typical Consoltard would never see.... thus the plot had to be railoaded, linear and inclusive. ME2 with less MAJESTIC scope just hided it much better.

hiver

I’ve spoken with many people who have played Mass Effect 3, and their experiences have but the slightest resemblance to my own. The difference is the choices we made, and how the game treats those choices. The fact that players ignore an entire game that’s all but made up of consequences only to complain that a five minute movie didn’t pat them on the back for what they’d done is insane. The meaningful nature of your personal game is thrown out because you didn’t get the ending you wanted? Or because the game doesn’t give you a rehash of everything you’ve done in the final cut scenes?
So much bullshit... and he even got to a good start pointing out how most of that kind of stuff went away long before even this last game.

Also, the final decisions you make in the game determine the fate of damn near every living thing in the galaxy. Of course your decisions matter, the result of those decision is simply not made explicit. What the game doesn’t do is rub your face in your choices. There is much left to the imagination, and in my opinion the player is given more than enough closure for a satisfying conclusion.
:lol:

there is finally a science fiction setting in video games that features believable characters.
un fucking believable.

The backlash against a game’s ending may be the biggest compliment anyone has ever paid a developer.
:eek:

Angthoron

Arcane
there is finally a science fiction setting in video games that features believable characters.
un fucking believable.

Hmm, and here I thought "Dune" was a well written science fiction setting, which was used in video games.
Or hey, what about Blade Runner?

Hell, Space Quest is a better example of sci-fi with believable characters. And it has a clone army of insurance salesmen.

hiver

un fucking believable.

Hmm, and here I thought "Dune" was a well written science fiction setting, which was used in video games.
Yeah... i can just imagine as answer to that from these retards...
"Dun? Whats a Dun? Is it a new NPC DLC? I would buy one of those...er Dun dudes! Yeah, yeah i heard about those!"
:retarded:

-
Im giving myself a headache....

The Genius

Educated
Wow, just finished ME3.

That Linkin Park song is spot on. "I put my trust in you, blah blah blah".

How much money have ME fans spent on this series? ME 1, ME 2 and all the DLC, and now ME 3. You would have thought Bioware could have put a good ending on Shepard's saga. Instead we get... what... condescending Reaper Boy, Battlestar Galactica "Organics deserve to die lol", Deus Ex: Human Revolution button choices, the Normandy crashing on some alien planet for no reason, and then Shepard taking a breath. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous post-credits sequence. Bioware aren't just pissing on their fans, they have gathered up their fans favourite possessions and are burning them in a fire, and making them watch. This is beyond trolling. They've said time and time again that ME3 is the end of Shepard's saga. Then they tease the fans with stuff like that. Not on.

Best part of all this is that Bioware apparently intended to sell a game with no ending and make us pay for it.

Worst part? It looks like most people will. :x

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Did he... did he actually say that?

:bounce:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...fdsafdhudson-interviewae.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Yeah, and I’d say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don’t have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

:thumbsup:

hiver

That has already been posted here.

Did he... did he actually say that?

:bounce:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...fdsafdhudson-interviewae.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Yeah, and I’d say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don’t have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

:thumbsup:
Hu-hu hah hu ha....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom