Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Did he... did he actually say that?

:bounce:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...fdsafdhudson-interviewae.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Yeah, and I’d say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don’t have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

:thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

hiver

Man, im really sorry i dont have anything to smoke right now... i would have laughed my ass off here instead of just loling from time to time...

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
It's funny how more of those morons are upset by the "bittersweet endings" than they are the total evaporation of their efforts throughout three games. The endings are so cliched and corny, the writing is awful: "WELCOME TO THE END GAME HERE'S 30 MINUTES OF DIARRHEAL EXPOSITION THAT MAKES METAL GEAR SOLID LOOK COHESIVE."

Hey Bileware, you want to see a good bittersweet ending, with good writing?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lets say that idea of Shepard being indoctrinated and that there is only one real ending choice of three available is actually correct. The question is why would the Reapers even give Shepard 33% chance to win, why not give him three fake choices, so no matter what he chooses he will fail. So its rather ironic that Bioware, the company who dedicated themselves creating games with only fake choices, actually messes up the only situation in their history where all choices should be only fake.

The "right" choice is to realize everything is a dream and snap out of it and that would should be only possible if Shepard managed to achieve certain plot points during all three games.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's funny how more of those morons are upset by the "bittersweet endings" than they are the total evaporation of their efforts throughout three games. The endings are so cliched and corny, the writing is awful: "WELCOME TO THE END GAME HERE'S 30 MINUTES OF DIARRHEAL EXPOSITION THAT MAKES METAL GEAR SOLID LOOK COHESIVE."

I think it's more likely the biodrones don't really grasp why the ending sucks (how much critical thinking does the average next-gen gamer do?), so they're lashing out at the most obvious negative.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The "right" choice is to realize everything is a dream and snap out of it and that would should be only possible if Shepard managed to achieve certain plot points during all three games.
Actually if this kinda was the case they would be ripping off Gurren Lagann even more.

Wulfstand

Prophet

Hey Bileware, you want to see a good bittersweet ending, with good writing?

Are Remedy really good friends with Poets of the Fall, or what? They seem to have their music in both this here game, and in Alan Wake, only much more so in the latter than in the former.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Are Remedy really good friends with Poets of the Fall, or what? They seem to have their music in both this here game, and in Alan Wake, only much more so in the latter than in the former.
Likely. Finns gotta support each other (because they're all stumbling drunks).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I love the smell of internet butthurt.

BIO > ALL

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Likely. Finns gotta support each other (because they're all stumbling drunks).
In 2003, Saaresto's friend Sami Järvi, a script-writer working at Remedy Entertainment handed Saaresto a poem he had written, asking him to turn it into a song to use in Remedy's upcoming action game Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. The song, entitled Late Goodbye, was used as the ending-theme of the game as well as a recurring motif, being sung and whistled by multiple characters. It was produced by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen, who joined the band shortly after due to Saaresto and Tukiainen liking his work.
True Bro's.

Angthoron

Arcane

Comment: I feel bad for the colorblind, they only got 1 ending

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Just about everybody screws the colourblind over these days. Maybe Bio should add a colourblind companion in a DLC.

"WHAT ENDING IS THIS???"

Deleted member 7219

qm.gif

qm.gif

You know, in a way I kind of respect Bioware for their sheer audacity. Bethesda don't troll their audience.

K9doggie

Novice
I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the endings have had with people—debating what the endings mean, and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in. That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.”
Casey Hudson on ending criticism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom