Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
So... apparently yahtzee didn't like the lack of minigames?

disappointing lack of discord @ comments section, too
It seems like nobody outside the Codex even cares about critical analysis of ME3, like except for the ending the game is perfect. I give up.
That's because everybody outside the Ku Klux Kodex nows a big, loved emotionally engaging franchise that Revolutionized Science Fiction and dating simulation is full of dialogues and action packed cinematics can't possibly have any faults in the story department/writing. Any issue is nitpicking. And if you criticize the gameplay Mass Effect is 2 d33p 4 u

r00fles!

Cipher
I really liked ME3, having finished it and having let it sit for a while. I never expected Bioware to be able to wrap the story up in a sensible way, but the space bro action between plot points is excellent. The dialogue, at its best moments, is really very good. In general, the text inside the sloppy framework of the story is solid. Great voice acting from Jennifer Hale, Lance Henriksen and Garrus in particular. The atmosphere of ongoing war works if one doesn't think too hard about it. Which, of course, one shouldn't.

The gameplay is strangely enjoyable despite its flaws. What difficulty there is mostly comes from the massively bloated HP of banshees, the incapablity of your squadmates to defend themselves from these heavy enemies at all, and the ridiculous grenade mechanism where, rather than throwing the grenade back, you have to run out of cover and into the fire every goddamn time. Funny that you have the time to do this but not to throw them away - hell, the grenades even come with a convenient beeper sound to tell you how soon they'll go off. And the biotic's Singularity spell, which creates a field that suspends enemies in the air, doesn't work to pick up or block grenades either. It's the perfect clusterfuck when combined with the fact that every action is mapped onto the spacebar.

To resolve the story they had to resort both to downplaying the strength of the Reapers, weakening the tension, and to a double deus ex machina device. But that's nothing a bit of LARPing and quitting after Shepard and Anderson's last bro moment on the citadel can't fix. And I'm glad no real individual ever had to bear the indignity of having a Biowarian sex scene imposed on them. But watching that shit is no picnic either.

In conclusion, 97/100 GOTY.

Last edited:

Oesophagus

Arcane
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gcijat

Haha. Basically the guy goes on to explain how they had to add some of the DLC content to the game files to make the DLC work. He does not, however, address the issue of why then was the Javik character a DLC at all, and not just present in the original game.

But Biodrones will not admit this is a money grab. They will not see that by this logic, Bioware could have made every single companion a day one DLC.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
So we reached the "acknowledgement that there is a problem" phase of damage control already? http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/
not even gonna quote the most bullshitty parts, though the sheer amount of self-ostentation(on what's supposed to be some sort of apology and where they said they're humble) and "the reaction to ME3 is unprecedented" made me smile for a while

I take it we're gonna get glorious "Ending++" DLC and this thread will live to see a couple hundred more pages

:thumbsup:

So we reached the "acknowledgement that there is a problem" phase of damage control already? http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/
Comments are closed. What a coward.
What does cowardice have to do with anything? That's some biodronian thinking right there bro

Angthoron

Arcane
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gcijat

Haha. Basically the guy goes on to explain how they had to add some of the DLC content to the game files to make the DLC work. He does not, however, address the issue of why then was the Javik character a DLC at all, and not just present in the original game.

But Biodrones will not admit this is a money grab. They will not see that by this logic, Bioware could have made every single companion a day one DLC.
My god. I can see it now - in the Future, BioWare's definition of a Single Player Game will mean that the player will opt out of romance content unless he buys the DLCs, therefore playing single, and without a party.

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
And here is a video showing what a dick EA CEO John Riccitiello is:

Was probably posted already here somewhere.

Shiki

Learned
You know the hate must have been going strong among the fanbase for Ray Fucking Muzyka to comment on it.
They really shot themselves in the foot with DA2 and ME3.

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
You know the hate must have been going strong among the fanbase for Ray Fucking Muzyka to comment on it.

Yep, post http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10084349/338#10394143 is a little more elaborate about it and pretty much spot on.

Forbes at it again: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...to-fans-for-the-mass-effect-3-ending-sort-of/

I particularly like this:
the point of criticism is not to improve you, but to express me.

Oesophagus

Arcane
kashrlyyk said:
And here is a video showing what a dick EA CEO John Riccitiello is

skeletor.jpg

Ha! Ha! Ha! They will not resist the power of my DLC!

Good news, everyone! New ME3 ending incoming! They care, they really do! Please, have my moneys, EA!
Ray Muzyka said:
I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3's endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.

Since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I'm honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.
MOAR SHEPPERDS!! :yeah:

racofer

Thread Incliner

And SWTOR, don't forget about that one. :lol:

Good news, everyone! New ME3 ending incoming! They care, they really do! Please, have my moneys, EA!
Ray Muzyka said:
I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3's endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.

Since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I'm honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.
MOAR SHEPPERDS!! :yeah:

That was quite obvious. Now, the question is: is EA reacting to the negative feedback, or they had these "content initiatives" already underway long before the game's release just to drain some extra cash from its fantards? It wouldn't surprise me to see BiowarEA releasing these additional endings in a month or two, which is way too fast for something that will be fully voice acted and scripted to hell.

Now, the question is: is EA reacting to the negative feedback, or they had these "content initiatives" already underway long before the game's release just to drain some extra cash from its fantards? It wouldn't surprise me to see BiowarEA releasing these additional endings in a month or two, which is way too fast for something that will be fully voice acted and scripted to hell.
I'm more excited about the fact that they're highly unlikely to give it away for free. The ensuing butthurt is going to be glorious!

racofer

Thread Incliner

UPDATE: BioWare Seeking Fan Feedback for Dragon Age 3, Confirms DA II Expansion is Cancelled​

Update: Shortly after we reported on this yesterday, Mark Darrah, Executive Producer on Dragon Age, answered a lot of Q&A in the original forum thread as well as Twitter and revealed that the Dragon Age II expansion pack, which was in the works, has officially been cancelled. Below is a quote from Darrah on the original forum thread:​

We will try to bring some closure to Hawke's story but likely not in a playable form. Originally we had planned to do an expansion pack but had to stop to focus on what we are working on now.​
It's too bad this happened, but given how Dragon Age II is widely regarded as not to have lived up to expectations, it's not all that suprising. And by opening up discussion forums like this seems to be a step in the right direction so that Dragon Age 3 can help the series get back on track.

Original Story: BioWare wants your help. No, I'm not talking about your script for a revised ending to Mass Effect 3 (even though the studio would likely take a look at this point). I'm talking about Dragon Age 3. BioWare confirmed today that it is gearing up for its next Dragon Age installment, and it is actively seeking fan input on the direction the franchise should take.

After Dragon Age 2 played so differently from its predecessor it led many fans of the tactical RPG to label it Dragon Effect, you could say BioWare is on a bit of a streak. The question now is, how will BioWare respond with D3? Posting on the BioWare forums, Executive Producer Mark Darrah said it's a question fans can help to answer.​
...We're moving the entire team's focus to the next phase of Dragon Age's future. You've most certainly heard the rumors floating around, and unfortunately I can't really comment on them. However, what I can say is that we've been thinking a lot about Dragon Age -- what it means, and where it could go. This past year, we've spent a lot of time both going back to the BioWare vault of games and re-examining them, and looking at some new possibilities that today's industry allows.

With that, the next thing for the Dragon Age team members and I to do is hear from you, and not just on the forums, or Facebook, or Twitter. We'll be attending a number of conventions and gatherings, including PAX East in April. The most valuable thing we can get out of those meetings is to hear from you on those same topics -- what does Dragon Age mean to you, and where would you like to see it go? We're excited to hear what you have to say!​
What say we get the conversation started right here in the comments section? What would you like to see in Dragon Age 3?​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe DA3 needs more homosexual options and some trannies. What about you, Codex?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Haha. Basically the guy goes on to explain how they had to add some of the DLC content to the game files to make the DLC work. He does not, however, address the issue of why the "some" above turned out to be "all of it"
Fixed.

Schleichwerbung

Educated
tl5no.png

Hey Codex, do you have room for another tranny?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom