Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
But it's not, so it's not.

:M

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

It makes sense once you realise Andyman hates Mass Effect 3 so much that he's taking old hate reserves from Dragon Age 2.
Actually, no, I really do owe Dragon Age 2 an apology. Don't get me wrong, Dragon Age 2 was terrible but it was a funny kind of terrible because you could point at absolutely ANYTHING in that game and it would be absolute SHIT. The graphics, the combat, the quests, the story. And it took the BioWare romances to a laughable extreme in that you could have several romances provided that you did them in the right order! It was smutty garbage.

But I don't hate ME3 either. It's just that they took Mass Effect 2 and made it more like Mass Effect 1, in other words NOT FUN TO PLAY. Most of my complaints are petty but then this is a petty game. And it breaks my heart every time I have to take the elevator down to level 5 to outfit my retarded team and then take the elevator up to level 2 to start a new mission JUST BECAUSE BIOWARE THOUGHT HAVING EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED IN ONE PLACE WAS ILLOGICAL. IN A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

Oesophagus

Arcane

1332033636692.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm sorry bro, I can't hear you over the sound of publisher dick down your throat.

But I don't hate ME3 either. It's just that they took Mass Effect 2 and made it more like Mass Effect 1, in other words NOT FUN TO PLAY. Most of my complaints are petty but then this is a petty game. And it breaks my heart every time I have to take the elevator down to level 5 to outfit my retarded team and then take the elevator up to level 2 to start a new mission JUST BECAUSE BIOWARE THOUGHT HAVING EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED IN ONE PLACE WAS ILLOGICAL. IN A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

Dude, I tried to play ME1 after ME3 and it didn't feel all that similar. If anything, ME3 plays a lot like ME2 except with further improvements. Slightly better controls, like actually being able to make turns when sprinting, rolling around move proved useful as well. A little more diverse character system, a lot more weapon choices and upgrades plus I liked weight becoming a stat. Also, non regenerating health is an improvement, right? Well it is to me anyway. If I gave more of a shit about the story I might be raging about this game here too, but now it seems the best in the series to me because of actual gameplay. I don't recall your complaint about outfiting team being true either, I'm pretty sure I was allowed to choose everything before starting every mission, just like in ME2. Shit, you don't even have to visit shops more than once because they're all linked to your ship's terminal. How much more convenient can it get?

Stelcio

Savant
Additionally - you CAN do that and as reward for your effort you get lower prices. Neat.

But I don't agree it's the best game in the series in terms of gameplay, because in such a story-driven game story is a vital part of gameplay. If the story is broken - by which I mean you barely have any influence on the final outcome, so it sucks whatever you've done - the gameplay is broken as well.

By "gameplay" I meant "killing things". And that part is certainly done best in ME3 as far as I'm concerned. I agree that in a story heavy game complaints about it are valid, but it still doesn't turn story into "gameplay". Gameplay choices are about picking a class and skills to max/weapons and their upgrades.
Story in all ME games was a cheap entertainment to me, I wasn't particularly invested so I don't feel the need to rage now. I always thought ending was bound to be stupid, and wasn't disappointed.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
was asking for takktikal advice on starti ng the truthz trolling them

Angthoron

Arcane
You should troll them by asking retarded questions and posing as an Ultimate BioWhore to make the Moderate BioWhores disgusted with their comrades-in-arms.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was starting to think I might be able to find some common ground with biodrones after all this time, that maybe the average gamer would suddenly wake up and realize Bioware was churning out mediocre crap year after year, and perhaps they'd demand better and Bioware would be forced to actually put effort into making games again.

I was wrong. There is no common ground. Biodrones are just pissed that the ending was bad, missing the point that the story is fucking stupid, the writing too often dips down into awful, the gameplay is riddled with control issues, and the C&C promised through the entire series is often resolved with a few lines of dialog, or 50 points to your EMS. That's not even a full list of problems, that's just off the top of my head. It seems like nobody outside the Codex even cares about critical analysis of ME3, like except for the ending the game is perfect. I give up. Fuck Bioware and fuck its fanbase.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I was starting to think I might be able to find some common ground with biodrones after all this time, that maybe the average gamer would suddenly wake up and realize Bioware was churning out mediocre crap year after year, and perhaps they'd demand better and Bioware would be forced to actually put effort into making games again.

I was wrong. There is no common ground. Biodrones are just pissed that the ending was bad, missing the point that the story is fucking stupid, the writing too often dips down into awful, the gameplay is riddled with control issues, and the C&C promised through the entire series is often resolved with a few lines of dialog, or 50 points to your EMS. That's not even a full list of problems, that's just off the top of my head. It seems like nobody outside the Codex even cares about critical analysis of ME3, like except for the ending the game is perfect. I give up. Fuck Bioware and fuck its fanbase.

Sad but true. I am fighting off Biodrones on TWitcher boards. Those creatures are so deluded that after pointing them to all the plotholes, inconsistencies, unresolved threads, they can say "Yeah, beside those 100 issues you mention the game is perfect". :retarded:

Yeah, beside tasting like crap, shit that came from digesting french fries is just mashed potatos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom