Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I love Dragon Age. Dragon Age Origins was amazing! My warden is so awsome. I loved DA II it was awsome to but nothing can compare to how cool the warden's story is. I really want to see more of the Warden's story continued in DA3. OOHH! and Bioware you better not let the warden die and since my warden went with Morrigan. I think you guys should have Morrigan save him from "The Calling" because that would be cool and I really don't wish to see the warden running around the deep roads with no mind at all chewing on darkspawn that would be terrible. But you really should include the Warden more, No one is or ever can be more awsome than the warden. And I would really like to know what happened to my Qunari pal Sten. I would like to see the warden meet him again. In fact I would love to see all the DAO characters together again! But I have to say some of my favorite character's are in Dragon Age II. Varric and Isabela are pretty cool. Even if Isabela is sort of a ****, She is still cool. I would like to see them again as well. But Merril.....Merril is a blood mage and I don't like Blood Mages! I think it would be best if my character has the chance to well....kill her. Morrigan is not a Blood Mage and I would like to see that it remains that way. Morrigan should have so much power already that she doesn't need blood magic. Morrigan and the Warden to me are the most important characters in Dragon Age. Oh and I would like to see the Warden kill Flemeth for good this time! Or not that might make the story more interesting. Hawke was cool too and I want to see his story build up too. Oh there are so many things I want to see in Dragon Age 3. But I don't doubt Bioware. They are my favorite company. I know they will come through with an amazing story like they always do. I have faith in them no matter what. I loved Both Dragon Age games the stories are so interesting

10780.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Still I wonder, if they intended to release the "true" ending later (bold move), didn't they foresee the shitstorm it would cause if done like that?

They didn't intend that, they just saw the indoctination theory and probably thought "holy shit, we should go with that!". Then they'll come up with the "real ending" DLC and everyone will be like "oh bioware, you really had us going for a minute there!".

Actually throughout the game there is evidence of the indoctrination theory. To give Bio it's due, they did think it through and did it quite well. James talking about the humming on the Normandy, Cerberus always getting to where you are going first, the textures made up of Kaidan's/Ashley's armor on the rocks when you wake up, reaper boss taking the form of the kid...for a company with no subtlety it was a good effort and really threw me who expected the most obvious ending.

The problem is that it should have been one of many endings, or a prelude to a real ending that you get if you had maxed out your paragon/renegade and discover secrets throughout the game in order to fight the indoctrination and not have the proper ending as a fucking cash cow DLC! Instead they were too money hungry and chicken shit and wanted to both make money with a real ending and make sure that the fans would forgive them for this by making it appear that they would make an ending based on fan rage.

Cipher
At the same time though, the Prothean VI in the Asari temple goes berserk over an indoctrinated presence when the gay ninja and the Illusive Man enter, but doesn't mind the presence of Shepard earlier. The indoctrination would have had to happen after that scene. At what point? Shepard doesn't seem to come into close contact with Reapers after that (except briefly with the dead one from ME2), and IIRC meets the VI again a bit later.

If indoctrination works from afar, if Shepard or Vega can be remotely indoctrinated, then how come everyone important isn't under Reaper control already?

Miranda specifically confesses that she wanted to put a control chip into Shepard as part of project Lazarus, but the Illusive Man wanted a free, real Shepard. That seems to go against the idea that Cerberus did something underhanded to Shepard to facilitate her indoctrination.

CorpseZeb

Learned
If someone remembered that, I actually predicted ending of ME3 (e.g shep. sacriface), by comparing ME to Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis) - I mean - to the modern Christan apology of some sort. And I was right. Funny thing is, way such an idea, was so cryptic, was so cryptically introduced? Is Bio really thinks, that in a modern society they must hide their beliefs? They afraid of a label of "Christian" developer or people who developing a "Christian" story? That's insane. ME is all about Saviour, without said that straightforwardly. Or, they just had no guts, to tell what they really think. Or, maybe - but this is worst scenario possible - they just don't noticed that, they just copying and modifying unconsciously, unintentionally the very motive of Saviour.

Project: Eternity
NO ZAEED. :mob:

Stuck on earth after the end of the Reaper War, Zaeed Massani finally decided he had enough of bloodshed to last several lifetimes and instead opened a small Döner Kebab restaurant in a seedy corner of Berlin. Every day he delights his customers with tasty middle-eastern cuisine and tales of mercenary mayhem in the worst corners of the galaxy.

YQJUm.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
NO ZAEED. :mob:

Stuck on earth after the end of the Reaper War, Zaeed Massani finally decided he had enough of bloodshed to last several lifetimes and instead opened a small Döner Kebab restaurant in a seedy corner of Berlin. Every day he delights his customers with tasty middle-eastern cuisine and tales of mercenary mayhem in the worst corners of the galaxy.

YQJUm.jpg
ZAEED!!:yeah:

Man, I'd eat there EVERY FUCKING DAY.

In be4 "we would eat YOU there" or some other horse meat related jokey joke prank haha thing.

"But which abandoned warehouse" asked Hudson.
"Let's ask the Dragon Age 2 developers" said Walters.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

:bro:

What Tali should've looked like.

190956.jpg

ehm, how on earth does she swallow!
:lol:

In terms of her personality, cute yet fierce, her accent, and even the shape of her eyes, she always kind of reminded me of Björk, so I just made a quick comp of tali with Björk's face:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7096/6999848035_f76880064e_c.jpg
6999848035_f76880064e_c.jpg
Then there's lots of fapping to this:
tali1-465x702.jpg

---
Does anyone actually feel sorry for BioWare?
No. Just as I don't feel sorry for HItler.

Yes I did just compare Mass Effect 3 to the Holocaust.
Bout as sorry as id feel for a criminal that got caught
No. I might have if they hadn't outright lied to us, but they did. So no.
Butthurt detected.
:smug:
Having seen these responses I can no longer support this campaign. Screw you all. You're a bunch of selfish, entitled idiots. Child's Play should refuse the money.

At no point did the developers of this game ever intend anything other than to make it the best they could within the budget and deadlines that they were set. That they weren't able to nail the ending is unfortunate and sad but it sure as hell wasn't intentional.

END OF THE LINE
NEVER. BACK. DOWN.
If i were BioWare i wouldn't worry about it. It's long been known that the Dragon Age and Mass Effect fandom are among the worst in the video gaming world.

This peurile tirade against the ending seems a pretty logical step up from the pathetic hatemail sent to writers and voice actors and the misogny-fueled outbursts over Female Shepard's blonde hair.

Lucky for BioWare, plenty of mentally healthy people, such as myself, like their products too. If one good things comes from the whole debacle, maybe it'll be the negative element within the community finally moving on, leaving a more pleasant one in its wake.
Lucky for BioWare, plenty of mentally healthy people, such as myself, like their products too.
:troll:
---
http://press2reset.com/2012/03/10/reclaim-your-game-discovers-drm-in-mass-effect-3
Reclaim Your Game has announced that it has found DRM in BioWare’s Mass Effect 3 title for the PC, which also requires EA’s Origin service in order to play it.
001.jpg

---
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17444719
:hmmm:
:decline: of BBC?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
where are the comments in the BBC page

also tell me more about the misogistic outbursts over shepard's hair

LoPan

Learned
http://press2reset.com/2012/03/10/reclaim-your-game-discovers-drm-in-mass-effect-3
Reclaim Your Game has announced that it has found DRM in BioWare’s Mass Effect 3 title for the PC, which also requires EA’s Origin service in order to play it.

It is clearly a clandestine practice, but is it unethical? BiowarEA has kept giving for 235 pages and I don't even know what's right and what's BiowarEA anymore; do medium offenses still count if they are thrown on a pile of such proportion as has been gathered?

LoPan

Learned
I don't recall ever seeing food in Mass Effect 1. Does food ever appear in any of these games? Is there some piece of trivia in the lore-log about how everyone is fed by stealth injections?

I know it's cheesy, but I'd enjoy it if Sheps would walk in on that scene, would make those crewmates seem like they are actual living beings.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I don't recall ever seeing food in Mass Effect 1. Does food ever appear in any of these games? Is there some piece of trivia in the lore-log about how everyone is fed by stealth injections?
what about language?
I know it's cheesy, but I'd enjoy it if Sheps would walk in on that scene, would make those crewmates seem like they are actual living beings.
you put too much faith in biowaste

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Eating food is not EXTREME, brother LoPan. Only space alcohol will suffice for the heightened narrative impetus of Mass Effect.

eh this is more of a morrigan style femdom type personality face than tali imo

she pretty much looks about ready to give some captured prisoner a footjob

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There's a quest in ME2 where you have to get the ship's cook better ingredients, because the crew complains that his food tastes like ass. And there is a ship mess hall on Normandy Mk.2.

This is shit,dead is dead.
Garrus eats levo-amino watermelon -Dead.
Wrex Doll is ment to tough up Krogran child, so when he snaps his jaws, Miranda boob get chewed off -Dead.
Dying Garrus in twich motion pats Tali in head,so she impales on emergency induction port -Dead.
Dying Miranda in panic, smacks Joker in the head,so his cervical vertebare turn in to dust - Dead.
Liara, slips on wet floor performing glorious faceplant,so her crushed teeth choke her - Dead.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

all you just did was made me think of a Sierra style Mass Effect adventure game where you solved puzzles with different characters and their unique abilities and kept the right items to defeat the reapers

Shepard: EXTREME version of hotspot interactions
Garrus: Bro conversation, Shooting things
Tali: Hacking, tech
Miranda: Telekinesis
Liara: Normal conversation and actions
Mordin: Medical analysis, science
Wrex: Lifting, carrying heavy things, intimidating
Thane: Stealth, crying

with gloriously unexpected death scenes everywhere!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well fuck, this certainly has been an entertaining couple of months. The buildup to ME3, the lulz in the game itself, and the self-destruction of Bioware's fanbase.

One actual point of interest in that thread (though this continues to be off topic) outside of the entertainment factor is
We will try to bring some closure to Hawke's story but likely not in a playable form. Originally we had planned to do an expansion pack but had to stop to focus on what we are working on now.
Guess that means they've entirely given up on DAII.

I could be wrong here (I haven't played DA2), but wasn't the entire point of DA2 to build up the story of Hawke for DA3? I mean, I vaguely remember Bioware saying your save would carry over to DA3, at the very least. Could this be a sign that DA3 won't be made? With how weak DA2 performed, I could easily see EA deciding to scrap the franchise. And now that ME3 is out performing poorly and generating all this anger, where does that leave Bioware in EA's eyes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom