Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something

INT CHECK FAILED
U CANNOT COMPREHEND, SO WE PUT A REAPER INTO A REAPER SO U YOU CAN COMPREHEND WHILE YOU COMPREHEND
The Mass Effect 3 Ending (Warning: Spoilers)

At the end Jesus dies for our sins
this thread is like a Prothean artefact

INT CHECK FAILED
U CANNOT COMPREHEND, SO WE PUT A REAPER INTO A REAPER SO U YOU CAN COMPREHEND WHILE YOU COMPREHEND

INT CHECK FAILED

INT CHECK FAILED

The bigger problem with the compressed time span is that humans somehow became the foremost colonizers of the galaxy in those 30ish years. Somehow slightly over 1 generation is enough to go from one planet to hundreds? Who is funding all this ridiculous expansionism? It's like going from the discovery of the Americas to having a McDonalds every 50 miles over the course of a few decades.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That's more of a question of the costs of interstellar travel, and not really a huge issue. Things would naturally develop considerably faster than during the colonization of the Americas. A bigger issue would be that a series that tries to pass itself as hard sci-fi has easily colonizable planets around every corner. Still, a detailed how and why would be in order.

The question should be why the fuck would you colonize so much? Does buying a huge colony ship and building the entire colony cost so little that middle class farmers are deciding to do it on a whim? The Americas were colonized by Colonial powers trying to extend their reach over the globe. Mass Effect's universe seems to be colonized because people were tired of living on the Earth or something. It would be different if every colony had some large reason for governmental or military backing that was the reason for it to be developed but ME just says that humans really, really like colonizing things.

kazgar

Arcane
Meanwhile..

Project cupcake happened

KmK6q.jpg

May be more details later, its all being done here:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10635792&lf=8

Are they trying to give Gaider and Hepler heart attacks? If so please continue.

And what the heck is with Forbes taking in interest in these things all of the sudden? Are they doing a "how to ruin a business industry" guide or something?

kazgar

Arcane
And what the heck is with Forbes taking in interest in these things all of the sudden? Are they doing a "how to ruin a business industry" guide or something?

Realised every videogaming nerd on the internet clicking on articles is doing amazing things for the hit rate and advertisers?

How the motherfucking hell did this thread reach 250 pages? When I first saw it I was like "wyrmlord thread lol wont read" and here it is...

Project: Eternity
Meanwhile..

Project cupcake happened
Not only does Bioware get tons of free money by selling the ending, but they also get free cupcakes? I want free cupcakes >: (.

How the motherfucking hell did this thread reach 250 pages? When I first saw it I was like "wyrmlord thread lol wont read" and here it is...
At this point the Wyrmlord posts are so diluted in the deluge of other posts that it's really more of a homeopathic Wyrmlord thread.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In response, the turians began mobilizing for full-scale war. However, after seeing the turians forced off of Shanxi, the Citadel Council realised just how well-trained, equipped and adaptable the Alliance forces were, and understood that a war between the turians and the Alliance could be devastating to the galaxy. They intervened and brokered a truce."

That still means that humans are special, seeing that a race barely taking its baby steps in space, with no prior experience with alien contact, could engage in a war that devastates a galaxy instead of having their colonies blockaded and their fleets outmanoeuvred by superior turian fleet assets.

I've nothing against humanity fuck yeah! writing, though. I do like Macross, after all.

hiver

The question should be why the fuck would you colonize so much? Does buying a huge colony ship and building the entire colony cost so little that middle class farmers are deciding to do it on a whim? The Americas were colonized by Colonial powers trying to extend their reach over the globe. Mass Effect's universe seems to be colonized because people were tired of living on the Earth or something. It would be different if every colony had some large reason for governmental or military backing that was the reason for it to be developed but ME just says that humans really, really like colonizing things.
So? Isnt the "JUST BECAUSE" the overall reason for entirety of the game? Why the fuck would anyone expect any kind of logic and reason in this crap? From any side at all...

Pegultagol

Erudite
That's more of a question of the costs of interstellar travel, and not really a huge issue. Things would naturally develop considerably faster than during the colonization of the Americas. A bigger issue would be that a series that tries to pass itself as hard sci-fi has easily colonizable planets around every corner. Still, a detailed how and why would be in order.

That describes something that I'd like to see in an RPG (or rather adventure) setting, the player in a role of a spacefarer or colonizer who actually drives a spaceship with a slower paced, somewhat subdued and personal story or even a strategy game where one has to deal with specifics of terraforming with some research and economics of interstellar travel in play. In ME locations where it was purported to be colonized by humans, one can see container type residential units that one could imagine easily transported across space and quickly set up, which is perfect, since the copy paste feel can be justified. I'd also like to have seen some space variant of residential vehicles (RVs) as those could be pretty useful in that context.

LoPan

Learned

I can't recall who started this thread, but I don't think it was wyrmlord. The first post as it appears now was not always the case, the thread was first called 'LOL Bioware' (goodness gracious, how many times has a LOL Bioware veteran found reason to reiterate this) and was concerned with BiowarEA removing the unsubscribe button from SW:TOR, and I believe it was also about Brazilians for a while. Bits and pieces were moved about by the codex fasci--chi paga, you ask? EA!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
It wasn't me.

Suchy started a thread, and it was merged with my thread.

So the thread has two starters.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
LOL Bioware was a split from another big thread IIRC, the OP was just a regular post

:M

the fuck's a chi paga?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just 5 pages away from being longer than Best Thread Ever! You can do it, Mass Erect! I beleive in you!

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That describes something that I'd like to see in an RPG (or rather adventure) setting, the player in a role of a spacefarer or colonizer who actually drives a spaceship with a slower paced, somewhat subdued and personal story or even a strategy game where one has to deal with specifics of terraforming with some research and economics of interstellar travel in play. In ME locations where it was purported to be colonized by humans, one can see container type residential units that one could imagine easily transported across space and quickly set up, which is perfect, since the copy paste feel can be justified. I'd also like to have seen some space variant of residential vehicles (RVs) as those could be pretty useful in that context.
Spore :smug:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Mass Effect thread is twice as long as the TITS thread.

Therefore, space alien girls > human girls?????

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom