Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
commie

I recommend you continue watching. The first and half of the second season are not so great, but it picks up significantly after that. The effects get much better too. Seasons 3 and 4 are fantastic.

Thanks, will do.

Do not watch season five, except for the finale (which was originally made for season four when they thought the show was canceled).

DraQ

Arcane
Watching ME plot analysis - Asari are such a shitty species as far as sci-fi goes and you just need to look at them to instantly come to this conclusion.

Why the fuck does one put in space lesbian chicks that looks exactly like humans, only with blue skin and tentacle hair? I mean what the fuck?
Was someone on the team sniffing glue too much? Nibbling on paint chips?
I'd understand it if everyone else was also just humans with rubber foreheads, but most of the races aren't.
It's fucking jarring.

Shit this fuck.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Watching ME plot analysis - Asari are such a shitty species as far as sci-fi goes and you just need to look at them to instantly come to this conclusion.

Why the fuck does one put in space lesbian chicks that looks exactly like humans, only with blue skin and tentacle hair? I mean what the fuck?
Was someone on the team sniffing glue too much? Nibbling on paint chips?
I'd understand it if everyone else was also just humans with rubber foreheads, but most of the races aren't.
It's fucking jarring.

Shit this fuck.

You don't know that a part of Asari DNA was actually spread by the Reapers in the past and merged with the Neanderthal to form modern humans? That explains the fact that humans look a bit like Asari. It's not the other way round! Geez.....

(I have already copyrighted this astonishing revelation that will form the basis for the next ME trilogy, so don't bother trying to steal it.)

Monk

Arcane
Don't read this thread if you don't want to know how Mass Effect 3 ends or anything in the story that affects the ending.

Feel free to answer any of the ff. questions:

1. Did you like the ending? Feel free to explain your answer.

2. If you didn't like the ending, what changes in the story do you should think should have been made to come up with a better ending or more than one ending?

3. If the best-case scenario is to make changes in only the last few scenes of the game, what changes would you make?

4. If no changes can be made in the game and you can only add more cut scenes, what content would you add?

I don't work for the game publishers and I'm not conducting a survey or writing an article about the game. I want to see, though, what qualities about writing stories for computer games will come out in any responses.

Monk

Arcane
I just posted my answer there. I basically wrote that the game authors should have tightened C&C by linking war resources to the level of difficulty of the last few missions and the number of team members recruited to the difficulty of the last priority mission. Thus, either the Reapers win (which is implicit if Shepard dies) or they lose. I could see no other ending involving the Illusive Man. Victory, though, would have come at the cost of eventually losing the use of the mass relays, which should bring us to the last scene of the game (i.e., the pair of humans in the woods). This gives gamers what they want (C&C), those who want a happy ending (the protagonists win), but a more profound one (the loss of the mass relays). The last point also brings us back to the start of the franchise, as it is the use of the mass relays that begin the trilogy.

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Angthoron

Arcane

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The biggest derp of ME franchise:

From first contact to "all aliens drinking in the same bar Star Wars style" in 26 years.

No, just no.:retarded:

I can understand the drinking with aliens part, what I cannot understand is how human military technology is totally not decades behind the other races.

Just decades? When you have word that there were galactic wars going on thousands of years ago while on Earth it was the middle ages, humans should at best be the equivalent of the Japs or Chinese or at worst the Zulus when meeting the white devils in the 1800's when in comparison with even the most modest of alien races..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom