Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
STALKER is russian, so I doubt they'd be good at english anyway.
Fucking Gaider has no goddamn excuse for his bullshit.

jdinatale

Cipher
Do you think Bioware's next game will have a new alignment system that includes sexual preference?

-10 due to your rejection of Dorian's romantic advances. Try checking your privilege, Warden

Tytus

Arcane
Do you think Bioware's next game will have a new alignment system that includes sexual preference?

-10 due to your rejection of Dorian's romantic advances. Try checking your privilege, Warden

What do you mean next game?

In Dragon Age Origins when I said that I'm not interested in Zevran after he was hitting on me I got -10 due to rejection of Zevran's sexual advances.

The future is now, faggot.

serch

Magister
Abandon hope all ye who enter here
5ed d&d:

dampd.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
At least with D&D the percentage of people who give a shit will be roughly the same as the percentage of people living those lifestyles. With Bioware shit we see a whacked-out world where the majority of people in your party are of some sexual niche. In Dragon Age 2's case, all of them are.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Abandon hope all ye who enter here
5ed d&d:

dampd.png
inb4 the new classes. The pedophile. The rapist. The necrophiliac. You don't need to be confined within the restraints of the cookie-cutter standard classes. You can be anything you want to. Even a child-raping half-trollwith a big soft heart and a penachant for pretty flowers.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Dafuq?
When did pen-and-paper started to include sexual roleplaying tips?

I mean there has been always some sort of tips with character archetypes to help new players in roleplaying section of the game, but that is just ridicilous.
Roleplaying should should left to between players and DM.

As for Gaider.

Funnily enought I like the characters that he writes that don't have romance on them

Aveline
Carver, because it was nice to see him man the fuck up from whiner
Varrick
Sten
Etc,Etc.

The truth is that romance seekets are fickle and pickle bunch in RPGS and they have become even more retarded when sexuality comes to play, so the best decision is to just cut the damn romance off.
Not a single fucking homo,trans, midget, outcast or hetero romance should be in game, For romance calls whining lonely bitter people to bitch why there isn't this sort of person to romance.

They should keep the romance between character in that cesspool of site fanfiction.net.

Lhynn

Arcane
Dafuq?
Around the 90s i think? but in supplements.

On a related note:
Im really starting to get sick of the people that cant get past the romances in bioware games, yes they suck, move the fuck on. The game looks like shit and i bet it plays like shit, the writing so far looks like its been done by a 45 year old catering to a 14 years old audience, its fucking creepy and poorly done. Theres so much stuff to rant about and you pick the least important and most optional part of the game.

As for Gaider.

Funnily enought I like the characters that he writes that don't have romance on them
Aveline
Carver, because it was nice to see him man the fuck up from whiner
Varrick
Sten
Etc,Etc.

The truth is that romance seekets are fickle and pickle bunch in RPGS and they have become even more retarded when sexuality comes to play, so the best decision is to just cut the damn romance off.
Not a single fucking homo,trans, midget, outcast or hetero romance should be in game, For romance calls whining lonely bitter people to bitch why there isn't this sort of person to romance.

They should keep the romance between character in that cesspool of site fanfiction.net.
Carver and Aveline wasn't his. Lukas Kristjanson wrote them both, if I'm not mistaken. Mary Kirby wrote Varric. I don't remember who wrote Sten though.

I'll just leave it here

BOEF.jpg
Oh shi--- I remember this. I accidentally pirated in mid-00s, it was hilariously bad.
It had wonderfully stupid rules on how a character of a certain alignment should fuck,

contained new clumsily written "edgy" classes

and had a table of sex toys with ingame prices, among other things.

And those pictures, gah.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Dafuq?
Around the 90s i think? but in supplements.

On a related note:
Im really starting to get sick of the people that cant get past the romances in bioware games, yes they suck, move the fuck on. The game looks like shit and i bet it plays like shit, the writing so far looks like its been done by a 45 year old catering to a 14 years old audience, its fucking creepy and poorly done. Theres so much stuff to rant about and you pick the least important and most optional part of the game.

That's because the romances are the straw that broke camels back.
People can stand ugly looking games, if there is something intresting in them.
People have also endured shit gameplay by making most overpowered characters you can.

Now most people are at breaking point, if interesting game looks shit and plays like a shit, but when you add completely optional things like in your face romance, when the developers could have used that time to refine the plot or the game, you just break.
The fucking romance is the most iconic time wasting effort from developers, which could have used to refine the base.
That's why most people are angry.

I bet DA:2 would had second dungeon model, if they had cut the romance.

I also think that most people use this thread as therapeutic session from DA2 and ME3.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
His current position in Bioware is a waste of a talent. People should hope he gets fired and picked up by some other RPG company but only to work as a designer and not a writer.

Yup, Ascension mod for BG2 is the proof of that, one of the best mods I've ever tried for any game.
He is one of the co creators of the A Pop Demand mod for Victoria II. This means Gaider has better taste in games than half these forums.

As I said earlier, I like to rip on Gaider's wig out of comedy. But he's the best BioWare employee there is, as far as I'm concerned.

Wait, what? Gaider worked on the Pop Demand Mod?

That's...whoa.

don't forget the crossbreeding rules :salute:

this was so bad that it was absolutely hilarious
Oh God, haha, yeah, that was bad. Just to think, somebody probably seriously worked on that shit between furiously fapping to the concept of an elf/bugbear rape or something. And than made an excel table and patted himself, and thought "A job well done!"

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
People can stand ugly looking games, if there is something intresting in them.
People have also endured shit gameplay by making most overpowered characters you can.

Now most people are at breaking point, if interesting game looks shit and plays like a shit, but when you add completely optional things like in your face romance, when the developers could have used that time to refine the plot or the game, you just break.
The fucking romance is the most iconic time wasting effort from developers, which could have used to refine the base.
That's why most people are angry.

I bet DA:2 would had second dungeon model, if they had cut the romance.

I also think that most people use this thread as therapeutic session from DA2 and ME3.
Na, DA2 and ME3 were rushed pieces of shit, the romances were the equivalent of sidequests for the most part, and i doubt the people that write them are the same people that do level design.

Truth is a game thats no fun to play is simply not fun to play, ranting on shit like romances reminds me of self righteous hypocrites you can find pretty much anywhere.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Fair enought
But I think that there isn't much to talk about Bioware excpect DA:I and nobody still hasn't gotten around to play with the damn thing.

To make matters worse there isn't any new info about ME4 or that new IP they were talking about.
I think romance talk is just small talk akin to complaining about your work or weather.

Lhynn

Arcane
Fair enought
But I think that there isn't much to talk about Bioware excpect DA:I and nobody still hasn't gotten around to play with the damn thing.

To make matters worse there isn't any new info about ME4 or that new IP they were talking about.
I think romance talk is just small talk akin to complaining about your work or weather.
You should be talking about D:OS. Yes, even in this thread.

kris

Arcane
don't forget the crossbreeding rules :salute:

this was so bad that it was absolutely hilarious
Oh God, haha, yeah, that was bad. Just to think, somebody probably seriously worked on that shit between furiously fapping to the concept of an elf/bugbear rape or something. And than made an excel table and patted himself, and thought "A job well done!"

so that is why people want to be a dragon, it can crossbreed with everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom