Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect The Mass Effect builds thread, Legendary Edition

jackofshadows

Magister
If you are playing on the hardest difficulty and you are restricting yourself to not use guns then your high point of challenge might be the Citadel DLC.
Nah, I'm not self-restricting shit (aside from cheating and plain abusing), all the more so the gameplay repetitive as is in this particular case. Ye, I'm playing on the hardest but I'm not complaining, rather pleasantly surprised because the combat feels even more dynamic and deadly since adept is so squishy.

Will see about the Citadel, my memories are too vague about its encounters.

jackofshadows

Magister
Finished. Regarding difficulty - the Citadel start was indeed the highest point: hordes of mercenaries with shields on against which adept have nothing. It's a tough spot for other classes as well but it can be easily cheesed with infiltrator's invis for example. Banshee were also challenging because you have to prime them twice before detonate. Anyway, overall - tons of fun, thanks to OP for inсentive to replay ME3 as an adept, I thought it was one of a weaker classes.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
play renegade, because the only way to squeeze entertainment out of these games is to play it like a ridicoulous 80s action hero

play femshep, because the voice acting is far, faaaaaaaar superior to maleshep

jackofshadows

Magister
play renegade, because the only way to squeeze entertainment out of these games is to play it like a ridicoulous 80s action hero
Yup. Paragon path is gay.
play femshep, because the voice acting is far, faaaaaaaar superior to maleshep
Nope.

I mean, Hale is fantastic but Meer did an awesome job too so fundamentally it's a matter of preference and those who choose to play as a male just because they wanna play as a male won't be dissapointed because of it. The only notable gripe that I have with prot being voiced by Meer is the fact that he have also voiced a lot of aliens like hanars, vorcha, volus and maybe more. Filters doesn't help to hide that well enough.

Falksi

Arcane
This is the build I'm going for......

3tKBvMv.png

Grim Jima

Novice
I'm planning on doing an Insanity playthrough for ME1 that involves no NG+ stats, bonus skills or weapon talents. which class would give me the toughest time? I'm torn between Sentinel and Engineer.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So has the few grataituos tits 'n ass shots and such been removed from this game? I notice it's an 18 PEGI on Steam. If I was a millenial, I'd be taking offence that a game with an 18 cert is basically stating that I'm too insecure to see some tit 'n ass shots.

J1M

Arcane
I'm planning on doing an Insanity playthrough for ME1 that involves no NG+ stats, bonus skills or weapon talents. which class would give me the toughest time? I'm torn between Sentinel and Engineer.
Is that even possible? You have to finish the game to unlock that mode.

Grim Jima

Novice

Yea i've completed the game a few times to unlock the Insanity difficulty. You can also start a new level 1 character on that mode too. I just wanted to try it but with one of the weaker classes.
In your opinion which class would you say is the weakest in each Mass Effect game?

J1M

Arcane

Yea i've completed the game a few times to unlock the Insanity difficulty. You can also start a new level 1 character on that mode too. I just wanted to try it but with one of the weaker classes.
In your opinion which class would you say is the weakest in each Mass Effect game?
Sentinel.

Note that you'll still have some buffs from the achievements you've completed.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Sentinels are pretty good in ME3 though. Warp and overload carry over their utility, but also detonate bio / tech explosions. Since weapon training is a thing of the past and any class can use any weapon from the start, close range shotgun sentinels that soak up damage and let loose with tech armor explosions are a surprisingly viable tactic for any difficulty below insanity.

jackofshadows

Magister
Who is the worst for insanity level is an interesting topic. Although all three games are designed in a way that companions can compensate a lot - most importantly the ability to remove shields and armor so it mostly comes to MC's ability to deal damage and I beleive adept/sentinel are the worst in this regard in ME1/2, not sure about engineer. In ME3 detonations are so strong that adept seem rather one of the strongest, I wonder how it compares to soldier, in ME2 soldier is struggling against enormous amount of shields and armors on mobs, no idea about ME1 unfortunately, haven't played on insanity it since release times due to stupid unlock requirement.

ADL

Prophet
This thread is some excellent quality bait. Please commit even harder to the bit and make some super in-depth theorycrafting videos full of spreadsheets.

ADL

Prophet
bumping this thread
how are people going to play the Mass Effect trilogy without their builds?

vibehunter

Learned
Does this game even have builds? I think you can roll your face across the keyboard and beat every fight with any combination of classes and abilities.

Just don't play Assault since it's a snoozefest.

J1M

Arcane
Does this game even have builds? I think you can roll your face across the keyboard and beat every fight with any combination of classes and abilities.

Just don't play Assault since it's a snoozefest.
I don't understand this take, do people like yourself need builds to finish other games because they are too difficult? :lol:

The reason I like to talk about builds is because they can make my time with a game more enjoyable.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't understand this take, do people like yourself need builds to finish other games because they are too difficult? :lol:
He's saying this game doesn't really need builds, because you can beat it with anything. In other games some classes or combinations of skills can be more powerful than others (and you can even make your life harder in some regards, if you don't know what you're doing).

J1M

Arcane
He's saying this game doesn't really need builds, because you can beat it with anything. In other games some classes or combinations of skills can be more powerful than others (and you can even make your life harder in some regards, if you don't know what you're doing).
Yeah, that was quite plain. My point is that people discuss builds to make a game more fun, not to overcome difficulty.

Yosharian

Arcane
Uhhh the original game on Insanity is not that easy FYI

donkeymong

Scholar
He's saying this game doesn't really need builds, because you can beat it with anything.
Lol, try to beat the Krogan on Therum without Biotics on insanity. (at least in the original game, not the legendary edition)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom