Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The New Obsidian: Josh Sawyer promoted to studio Design Director role

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lets find where he lives and send him some Antrax
:troll:

Weasel
What, afraid of the site that features such enchanting threads with titles such as "Rapefugees invade Germania for tasty Merkel booty - natives kept in check with water cannon" or "Dindus Riot Because Kwa Kops Diddu Sumthin To Dindu Nuffin Who Dindu Nuffin But Point a Gun" or "How does the white genocide that's going on make you feel"? Guess you're not a real RPG gamer, you nerd

Thinks the Codex is terrible, but has a 1+ year old account for reading the Politics forum, eh?

What's also funny is one of those threads was only started a few days ago. So the Codex is so distasteful one has to keep checking for new threads in the Pol subforum.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Thread should have been named "The New Obsidian Order".

latest

All we need now is a photoshop of Sawyer as a Cardassian.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Obsidian promised a BG1 clone and they delivered. Whether you like or not is just fucking irrelevant.

Yeah, no, irrelevant are your delusions about what PoE achieved.
Just because you or Sawyer say it achieved something doesn't make it true.

Remember that one retarded review someone here made where he bitched that PoE didn't have trap options and that it's perfectly legit and awesome to fuck a dude over in the character creation screen?

I don't see the relevance to this discussion, but nope, there's nothing retarded about it.
If you want to bring it into discussion, though, then here: Sawyer is a hack and a wannabe and Monte Cook is superior as a designer in every way.

A user named cat

The laughing stocks..... didn't some Neogaf tards recently say that too? Seems we're hated by all the pissbaby holes of the internet who condone strict moderation and shriek at the sight of trigger words. How do these whiny pussies even face real life every day? I guess we should adopt snowflake moderation then maybe we can join the kool klub of safe space forums like SA and GAF.

The funny part is those bleeding vaginas are free to register here and confront us or argue their SJW points all the way to retardo land. Yet we can't jump over there to retort their sensitive gapeholes as one of them hides behind a fucking paywall and the other is a concentration camp that bans people who even call themself a newfag. Glorious freedom of the internet.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Do good people at Something Awful have opinion on their boy Sawyer getting promoted that is not related to the Codex? Talk about the irony of calling someone else salty.

Prime Junta

Aw get off your high horse faggits, the Codex is every bit as much a safe space as all of those, only it's safe for a different crowd.

Weasel
Aw get off your high horse faggits, the Codex is every bit as much a safe space as all of those, only it's safe for a different crowd.

Safe for people who want to say what they want without getting banned for it?

Safe for people whose opinions are in line with the consensus. Just like every other safe space.

Anyone is free to post contrary opinions here though, some make an ... ahem ... shtick of it. Try that on RPG.net and see how long it takes to get banned.

Prime Junta

A mob of poo-slinging monkeys has the same effect as strong moderation. It strongly discourages saying anything that brings on the poo-slinging. Why do you think there are barely any SJW opinions posted here for example? Self-censorship, or they never register. Same goes for any opinion that goes against the KKKonsensus; you have to be exceptionally thick-skinned or bull-headed to stay here if you don't want to howl with the dogs (or sling poo with the monkeys, if you prefer).

The only difference is that here opinions deviating from the consensus are punished by mob rule rather than moderation from above. From the point of view of someone who's outside the consensus, the end result is the same.

Not sayin' that Codexians shouldn't have their safe space. It's just naive to pretend it's any different from any of those other ones.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just self-censored myself because arguing with you would be just too boring. That's also a factor.
:troll:

Weasel
Ah I see, it's a variation on the "both sides are as bad as each other" routine, just this time equating low moderation with overmoderation. Carry on then.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
You may get shouted down by the hivemind if you post contrary opinions on the 'dex, but at least you can get exposure and if the facts are on your side then that will get noticed and influence other members who are less influenced by the hivemind than the shitslingers. On the other hand banning everyone who disagrees with the party line means that the average forum member won't even know that there's another side to the issues.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Not really applicable here...
The force is all about : balance :

With his love for perfect balance and :no fun allowed:, :balance: could be the lovechild of Obi-Wan and Yoda. He would be hailed as the Jedi Jezus in the Star Wars universe.

Of course, unfortunately, without realising or caring that when it comes to game design this mind set

One thing that was never clear to me - why would people want to be a part of a forum community behind a paywall? If you like the people and place and give a few bucks to maintain it, that's one thing. But to pay to view or post on an internet forum, why?

Also, Saywer is a twat.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Safe for people whose opinions are in line with the consensus. Just like every other safe space.

Except that there isn't a consensus on Codex on pretty much anything really. This is your average Codex discussion regardless of the topic:

original_6.jpg

The closest thing to a consensus is Codex top 50 RPG list (usually made by Felipepe) yet even the top 4 games there are regularly called out as being shit every other week.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think Prime Junta is talking about our opinions about videogames.

*shrug* Yes, the Codex is a safe space of sorts, but ours is democratic, so it's better.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I don't think Prime Junta is talking about our opinions about videogames.

*shrug* Yes, the Codex is a safe space of sorts, but ours is democratic, so it's better.

It's a site about video games last time I checked, why would I judge it based on GD alone (especially given that I rarely venture/post there)? Furthermore, why would you join a forum about video games to yap about politics in the first place, I get enough of that shit in real life.

TigerKnee

Arcane
One thing that was never clear to me - why would people want to be a part of a forum community behind a paywall? If you like the people and place and give a few bucks to maintain it, that's one thing. But to pay to view or post on an internet forum, why?
Used to be that in theory, it keeps out all the tards who's just there to troll using free accounts, or at least the tards who aren't so rich they could afford to pay every single time they're banned from the forums for being a tard.

But then something happened - the bad seed got into moderator positions instead and now the entire system breaks down when they're banning people based off political views and keeping their sycophants around as opposed to actually using their moderator powers properly.

A user named cat

I'm curious what the consensus is supposed to even be here. I don't agree with many who show up here but never whine about them or even put them on ignore. That is what makes this place good, free speech doing its work.

Some morons seem to even think this is stormfront's brother site too because we have tryhards who promote their racism, which is fine. More power to them. At least they're free to express their views openly without fear of lifelong bans and SJW's calling their work place to have them fired. Out of my 4,000+ shitposts though, I don't believe I've ever once even used the "n" word or heiled hitler. So saying we're any kind of safe space or hivemind thought police is absolutely retarded. We even have autistic conservative christians amongst us and cock posting trannies. Welcome to hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom