Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's noticeable that in TDP the story came first and missions were created to fit with it. In TMA, they came up with the missions (at least the ideas for them) first, then tried to stretch the plot to cover them.

I was never much a fan of the "supernatural/new-agey shit" - hearing about that stuff is one of the things that kept me from buying TDP back when it was new and only getting into the series via TDS when that was new.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Oh, no! Some non-central aspect of our holiest game does not appeal to his personal taste!!!
I don't know about you, but I think mystery and supernatural are pretty much central to Thief. If you think Thief is about stealing, then you deserve the shit that is Thiaf.
Isn't it? I've seen a lot of footage of the Thief games that feature the player going around being a thief.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
1394299479154.jpg

Games suck these days, news at 11.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
And all of that in only three loading zones!

:(

Shipping and Receiving, just look how much fun you can have there...

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I think my favourite part of that vid are actually the conspicuous planks hung above the guards, just waiting to be brought down by a slimey thiaf.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
I think my favourite part of that vid are actually the conspicuous planks hung above the guards, just waiting to be brought down by a slimey thiaf.

The game is full of such things. Planks, grates, rope arrow spots, just where you need them. Even magical ropes appearing there in the burning house just waiting for you for no reason. Well, other than the obvious one where they conveniently help you escape said burning house.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
1394299479154.jpg

Just noticed that this image uses the first mission from Thief 2. Its not like this is the super-duper complicated last mission, no. This is pretty much Thief 2's tutorial. And it already shits on Thiaf

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's the second mission. The first Thief 2 mission is fairly small/linear by that game's standards.

DeepOcean

Arcane
1394299479154.jpg

Just noticed that this image uses the first mission from Thief 2. Its not like this is the super-duper complicated last mission, no. This is pretty much Thief 2's tutorial. And it already shits on Thiaf
This mission is actually huge, not Thieves den huge but there are two relatively big warehouses with multiple levels, with a courtyard between them with a crate maze and a lot of guards and even a ship on the other side. There were 12 secrets, I think, I spent hours trying to discover each one, Dear God, I miss those days. Openning the box, reading the awesome manual and spending hours exploring each corner of the map. Is still smile to this day when I remember finding a painting with a riddle that vaguely implied shooting something with an arrow, when I shoot it, there was a secret behind it, I almost came afterwards.
:rage:
Why people have so shitty attention spams? They appear like dumbfuck hamsters on heroin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom