Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Zeus

Cipher
Blood Omen is available on PSN as a PSOne Classic. Compatible with PSP, PS3, Vita. $5.99.

The PC version rights seem to be held in limbo.

Blood Omen is available on PC from abandonia and many others for $0.00. Good deal.

Uh, heh, yeah it's a good deal if you like playing Blood Omen without any of the FMV movies.

You know, the ones that reveal every major plot point.

Is $5.99 really worth that much to you?

Zeus

Cipher
I'm not googling it for you.

Right. All you're doing is telling people they can get Blood Omen for free over at Abandonia. Which is bullshit, because they have the same butchered release Home of the Underdogs had in the late 90s.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Right. All you're doing is telling people Abandonia has Blood Omen. Which is bullshit. They have the same butchered release Home of the Underdogs had in the late 90s.

What I am telling people is if they want to play Blood Omen today there is a simple way to do so and with 100% compatibility. They don't even have to google, I'm fairly sure I got the patch links from this very forum.

Obviously if GOG was selling the game then people could get it there, but they're not.

Zeus

Cipher
Yeah, it's kind of baffling. Activision published the PC release, but Activision is on GOG, so I don't know what the problem is.

http://www.indiegala.com/

of those i know, pathologic is interesting definitely-not-popamole stuff and earth defense force: insect armageddon is so brutally ignorant it's fun, especially when you start to handle weapons which cause massive explotions and aim to buildings to raze them so insects will stop climbing them.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, for "exclusive content" you have to be connected to Ubi Launcher. Although I don't even know if A1404 has any exclusive content (read: miniature free DLC), so you can easily start it in offline mode. I've been playing FC3 offline just fine. Still, decline overall, although an incline for Ubi. Maybe some time this decade they'll even realize that DRM isn't the solution.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They removed the online-only thing from a lot of games, though I do not own Settlers 7 and cannot comment on that one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah 7 uses that precursor to UPlay -- it's an always online system.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Apparently S7 is the only game they didn't remove the online DRM from. Or so I heard.

From my understanding all those games has small script cues that downloaded and shit like that. I wonder if S7 for some reason has some problem with a patch removing that shit. I assume it's cracked though, so probably not. In any event I know Assassin's Creed 2, Splinter Cell Conviction and Prince of Persia Whateverthefuck all had it patched out, because that's when I bought them.

Zeus

Cipher
PSN has four free games to celebrate the first anniversary of Vita.

- Wild Arms (PSOne Classic)
- Patapon
- Piyotama
- Patchwork Heroes

And it's not just for Vita. If you have a PSP, you can use Sony's Media GO program to download them to your PC, then transfer them to your PSP.

Pata pata pata PON!

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Bros, does anyone give a fuck about this? should I continue posting these?
Resident Evil 5 $4 - http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/91046/green-man-gaming-resident-evil-5-pc-digital-download
Last remnant, Dungeon Siege 3, Just Cause 2, Kane and Lynch 2, Supreme Commander 2, Mini Ninjas, Front Mission Evolved, Hitman connection $3-$6 : http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/910...ungeon-siege-iii-4-just-cause-2-4-mini-ninjas

Those are all sales for keys that will register on Steam, so you should post it in the steam deals thread, not this one.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
WTF! I got the Full Package on a Steam Sale and now it appears as just the vanilla game. Fucking scam!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom