Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Basically someone at GG is getting fired in the morning.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Now those that bought the bundle at $28 are fucked, because GG runned out of Steam keys for all those games. Either wait until mid-january to see if they get enough keys to honor the buys, or you can ask for a refund.

Bruticis

Now those that bought the bundle at $28 are fucked, because GG runned out of Steam keys for all those games. Either wait until mid-january to see if they get enough keys to honor the buys, or you can ask for a refund.
Not if you already got all your keys! :troll:

Turjan

Arcane
No, I got my keys. All games installed. Now I can finally go on derpy adventures in Skyrim :D.

Edit: Okay, I didn't check for keys for the games I already had on Steam. For example, I haven't looked whether I'd get an Oblivion key.

Repressed Homosexual
The keys for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are still there, but yeah the other games tell me they ran out of keys.

I thought of gifting the extra keys to people on the Codex, but apart from Morrowind, I better give them to my cousin.

Captain Shrek

The keys for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are still there, but yeah the other games tell me they ran out of keys.

I thought of gifting the extra keys to people on the Codex, but apart from Morrowind, I better give them to my cousin.
I would make a stake for it. Give me all!

Turjan

Arcane
So, Metro posted this as part of an amazon sales event in a different thread:

Ubisoft will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital Ubisoft products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a Ubisoft product in 2012. Coupons can on 12/25 only
a. Recommended pairings (none of these activate on Steam):
i. Assassin’s Creed Revelations - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon)
ii. Assassin’s Creed Revelations Gold - $13.60 ($8.60 after coupon)
iii. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon)

I guess the Gold edition is mostly Multiplayer stuff, so I'll give that one a pass. Which means it's a choice between Revelations and Brotherhood Deluxe, both at $2.49. So here the old Andhaira question: Which is better and why?

Edit: Waiting for the "they are both shit" answers :D.

Modron

Arcane
So, Metro posted this as part of an amazon sales event in a different thread:

Edit: Waiting for the "they are both shit" answers :D.

They kind of are, Assassin's Creed 2 is probably the best one in the series as sad as that is; maybe, its because I played 2 and brotherhood back-to-back but I could not summon the will to finish brotherhood although the whole do this mission the way we specify to get 100% synchronization did not help specially on the da vinci sidequests (don't take any damage, lol you got hurt restart and play through the first 20 minutes of busy work before you can attempt to try again fuck that shit).

Grim Monk

Arcane
DotEmu is offering the following bundle.

DotEmu Christmas: "Make it Blow Pack" $14.99
Available until: 2012-12-2813:00

Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000

All Cossacks and American Conquest Series
Includes the 7 GSC strategy games as : Cossacks - European Wars and its two expansions Cossacks - The Art Of War and Cossacks - Back to War, Cossacks II - Napoleonic Wars and its expansion Cossacks II - Battle For Europe and finally American Conquest and its expansion American Conquest - Fight Back.

Commandos Complete Collection
Includes the following games Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Commandos - Beyond The Call of Duty, Commandos 2: Men of Courage, Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
and Commandos Strike Force.

Earth 2150 Trilogy
The trilogy includes: Escape from the blue planet + The moon project + Lost souls

Empire Earth - Gold Edition

Empire Earth II - Gold Edition

GORKY 17

UFO Trilogy
Includes three games UFO Aftermath, UFO Aftershock and UFO Afterlight.

Link:
http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/5102/make-it-blow-pack

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good prices there. Ultimately decided to pass b/c I wasn't specifically targeting either. I'll take the risk they might get cheaper/bundled down the road but won't be upset if it doesn't happen.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
From Gamestop and I'm pretty sure it's a DRM free version: http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dd-ultimate-pack/102768

Includes:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
Planescape: Torment
Temple of Elemental Evil
Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs
Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs

Edit: Thread was grafted here -- starts on the 23rd and the price will be $12.

Gord

Arcane
From Gamestop and I'm pretty sure it's a DRM free version: http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dd-ultimate-pack/102768

Includes:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
Planescape: Torment
Temple of Elemental Evil
Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs
Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs

Edit: Thread was grafted here -- starts on the 23rd and the price will be $12.

In Euros it's only 8,35! Take that GOG!
Too bad that for some strange reason my order never completes, citing some issues with my credit card. :mad:
Card is working fine with other services though.

Kirtai

Augur
Hmm, I've been putting the GOG deals in the GOG thread, should I put them in here instead?

Latest one:

Today there's a 60% discount on La Mulana.

In addition to this, they've started giving discounts if you buy a whole series together. It's in testing though so may not be a permanent part of the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Alpha Brotocol is only three bucks on Gamersgate today. Also DRM free.

Surely even the darkest heart of Obsidian hate on the Codex could find it worth that much for mocking purposes alone.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Two Worlds II complete is on GG for $9. Expansion alone is $6. Cheapest I have ever seen it. Worth it if you like open-world action RPGs with flaws. Horrible DRM though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom