Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Official Gothic 4: Arcania thread

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xi said:
I suppose I should read this as I now officially own a copy of this nefarious game! Lol

Edit: Stopped the download of G4 and started Dloading G3 instead.

Is G3 worth a play through? Is it good for what it is?

:thumbsup:

General codex consensus is that they're both shit.

I'm enjoying 4 but never bothered with 3 since I think 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played.

LordDenton

Augur
Xi said:
I suppose I should read this as I now officially own a copy of this nefarious game! Lol

Edit: Stopped the download of G4 and started Dloading G3 instead.

Is G3 worth a play through? Is it good for what it is?

:thumbsup:

Gothic 3 is fantastic. Arcania, on the other hand, is a piece of shit.

The Gothic 3 world is so engrossing and detailed that you will never want to stop playing. And it's best if you play all three games in order: Gothic 1, then Gothic 2, and finally Gothic 3.

Just do yourself a favor and skip Gothic 4. Arcania is not just a bad game, but it also has horrible writing and voice acting. It's really feels like a children's game. I guess you might find it entertaining if you think "Barney and Friends" is a great show...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Mastermind said:

Actually I'd say the consensus is that G3 is decent enough with the community patch. Not as good as G2 but still an okay game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Metro said:
Mastermind said:

Actually I'd say the consensus is that G3 is decent enough with the community patch. Not as good as G2 but still an okay game.

General codex consensus says it's mediocre because half of the codexers think iit's very good and the other half thinks that it's shit.

In my opinion it is terrible terrible piece of shit worse than unmodded Oblivion.

dragonfk

Erudite
G3 is the best of the series. They've (developers) overeached themselves, but even though it's the best sandbox game ever created. CP is a must if you want to play.

Another thing: you really should play from G1->G3, otherwise you won't know the lore behind the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Vienna, Austria, March 23rd 2011; JoWooD has to delay the add-on “ArcaniA – Fall of Setarrif“ indefinitely. The legal background of the official add-on to “ArcaniA - Gothic 4” is unclear and diverse legal positions with the BVT fund that financed the main game are present.

“It’s uncertain whether the game can be released onto the market in its current form”, explains Stefan Berger, Business Development Manager JoWooD, “of course this must be investigated and settled before the release - unfortunately”. Due to this fact JoWooD officially announces, that the release of the Add-On has been set on hold and will be delayed indefinitely for now.

:M

Deleted member 7219

Would anyone actually buy it? I can't imagine Arcania did well financially. Gothic fans hated it and from all accounts from the mainstream gaming press, casual gamers thought it was crap too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom