Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Official Gothic 4: Arcania thread

Tycn

Savant
Admitting that you cater to sheeple is preferable to the Bioware "this is fucking DEEP and MATURE, suck it up bitches" approach.

Vault Dweller said:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00013620-gothic-4-arcania-test.htm

Jeux Video says "what the fuck is this shit?". They say the real Gothic 4 was called Risen and this restrictive and linear crap is a poorly done adventure game.

Good review, too bad they also gave 8/20 to Gothic 2 back in the day, although it wasn't from the same guy. I'm positively surprised by the comments, I didn't know there were so many true Gothic fans lurking among JV's retarded community. I can't help but hope this will send some sort of signal to publishers.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Raghar said:
What's wrong with these? It looks like few years deserted archives, also it looks like they forgot about them and didn't steal all books.

These archives are supposed to be still used. That's the problem.

Is this place really refereed as "centuries old archive" in Arcania?...

Yup. Maybe not exactly 'centuries old', but I believe they've been described to be in the castle since the day it was built, and it already had a fair number of lords, so...

Actually, I thought it was rather clever.
...perhaps unintentionally so, but clever nonetheless (snip)

You know, maybe, but even if they are supposed to be 'small' archives, goddamn, why put them inside such an extensive basement? And if they're supposed to preserve those books, why is everything falling apart and those books are littering the floor? Why not make the place look like, for instance, the top floor of Xardas's tower in Gothic 2? Even THAT looks better, goddamn.

Let's discuss, instead, the shortcomings in the series of quests you were forced into in order to gain entrance to the archive

Don't even make me started... :/

Let me guess: they are not readable.

You guessed right.

Suchy

Arcane
Still no obvious fix?
Vault Dweller said:
JeWooD: "The classic Gothic fan might be disappointed because the game no longer follows the classic Gothic approach. But we did this intentionally. We wanted to reach a broader audience..."

Rogue

Educated
Played the demo for 30 secs, deleted it. Fucking piece of shit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are the spells any good in the full game? They felt pretty underpowered int he demo.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mastermind said:
Are the spells any good in the full game? They felt pretty underpowered int he demo.

Yeah, just stack magic power and you can kill whole groups with 1-2 fully charged firestorms. Made the game go quick for me.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
OH
MY
GOD

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO BROS, FINALLY FINISHED TGHE GAEM.

WORST PIECVE OF SHIT I;'EV EVER PLAYED.

WHOEVER DESGINED THE LAST 2 OR SO HOURS OF IT SHOULD BE FLAYED AND HNUG BY THE BALLS.

EXPECT REVIEW SOON

Silellak

Cipher
Darth Roxor said:
OH
MY
GOD

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO BROS, FINALLY FINISHED TGHE GAEM.

WORST PIECVE OF SHIT I;'EV EVER PLAYED.

WHOEVER DESGINED THE LAST 2 OR SO HOURS OF IT SHOULD BE FLAYED AND HNUG BY THE BALLS.

EXPECT REVIEW SOON
You are a true Bro.
:bro:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Freelance Henchman said:
Is this worse than Oblivion?

A gazillion motherfucking times. Oblivion looks like a piece of art when compared to this.

Worst. Piece. Of. Shit. Ever.

Ever.

Ever.

Ever.

Bros, I hope you appreciate the torture I had to endure. Because this has left me scarred for life.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
Bros, I hope you appreciate the torture I had to endure.
We do bro. Though you die, your memory will live on forever in the annals of the Codex :salute:

Mortmal

Arcane
heheh yes we appreciate it, after it you still have new vegas wich is likely very good, and i just got my hands on drakensang river of time , wich is surprinsingly good, quite excellent even.Light hearted fantasy like the first one , but they handle quests very well, add skills checks and choices.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Darth Roxor said:
Bros, I hope you appreciate the torture I had to endure. Because this has left me scarred for life.

I am rather amused, but I will appreciate if you restart the game and make a LP of it. :smug:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
991971znicz.jpg

[*] Bro.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
All right, bros. It's done. 11 and a half pages of nothing but rants. I guess it should be up soon.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Get on with the spell checking, whoever is doing it.
I want to read some :rage:.

Elzair

Cipher
Ancient said:
Stereotypical Villain said:
I WILL LP IT!

:smug:

Prepare for the 2010 version of Prisoner of the Ice Mage.

Do it in video format.

And this game is abomination :M

No! Do it screenshot format and just post the major lulz to Youtube.

made

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
All right, bros. It's done. 11 and a half pages of nothing but rants. I guess it should be up soon.
:salute:

So what's taking so long? Is VoD manually translating it from Polish?

Murk

Arcane
'how about a paste-bin upload or slapping a .doc up somewhere for those of us who JUST CNA TFUGIGNWATIBRO?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom