Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Official Gothic 4: Arcania thread

Micmu

Magister
Busted!
He just wrote that from some template and no one informed him that the series was called "Gothic". :lol:

Stabwound

Arcane

visions

Arcane
One of Gothic 4’s major problems is its adherence to the old-school setup - stats, quests, swords, magic and loads of exploring.

Apparently still not dumb enough for this guy :lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
markec said:
the Arcania series of games: they are universally considered to be rubbish.
Ah, game reviewers.

I just saw some of the rest of the "review". God, how can this level of retardation exist?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
bhlaab said:
Vault Dweller said:
The game is fucking awful. It makes Oblivion look like a masterpiece.

Going to review it?
Too awful.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/arcania_ ... e-605.html

"...I don't think sixteen hours of drudgery is worth two good hours.

Maybe drudgery is too harsh. What Spellbound did, it did with polish. It executed the RPG genre's most basic mechanics well. Every object in the game is meticulously detailed and all the interfaces are easy to use. Not once did the game crash, and I never encountered a broken quest or even an errant pixel. "

Hey, let's give these guys a break. At least the quests aren't broken. I mean that shows some level of competence right there. And the basic RPG mechanics like interfaces and objects are done right, so what's to complain about, really?

Edit:

German Eurogamer isn't happy:

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2010-1 ... est?page=1

They say that the game has been neutered and every feature is retard-friendly. According to them it's an action-adventure with shitty dialogues.

Or New vegas?
Absolutely. Impressions in a day or two, a review in 2-3 weeks.

Stabwound

Arcane
I hope this game gets universally panned by reviewers. Would look good on them for retarding it up and having the mainstream still rip them a new asshole because of how much it sucks.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Stabwound said:
I hope this game gets universally panned by reviewers. Would look good on them for retarding it up and having the mainstream still rip them a new asshole because of how much it sucks.

Well Forsaken Gods sucked worse than this even, yet still sold a fair amount of copies...so who the fuck knows with the witless Krauts.

Murk

Arcane
That nowgamer review... it just boggles the mind how ignorant and stupid this piece of trash "reviewer" is.

I guess I shouldn't have expected much different, he's a console reviewer/gamer and so I guess he can't be bothered to actually check the history of the series he's reviewing and make, you know, sweeping generalizations that at least carry half a grain of fuckin' truth.

Blah.

douchebag said:
Gothic 4 doesn’t really help itself. For a start, the majority of stats and experience points are dished up between the most random abilities that only a long-term fan of the series would understand. What do we care if we’ve maxed out our zeal and serenity?

Fuck off.

douchebag said:
If old-school RPGs are your thing, Gothic 4 should be right up your street...

Fuck off.

Tycn

Savant
If we told you that Arcania: Gothic 4 was an RPG easily the rival of Fable or Oblivion, would you believe us?
Thankfully the reviewer was thoughtful enough to put a cue to stop reading in the first sentence.

And what a reviewer:
Years Gaming

Formats Owned

Xbox 360, PSP, PS3, PS2, Mac

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
And the basic RPG mechanics like interfaces and objects are done right, so what's to complain about, really?

jebus fucking christmas.

You read it here folks, interfaces and objects are RPG mechanics!...Now I understand why Halo is so lauded as the greatest RPG of all time.....

Tycn said:
And what a reviewer:
Years Gaming

Formats Owned

Xbox 360, PSP, PS3, PS2, Mac

Hmm, I wonder what he played during those first 10 years when he only had the Mac.

Hate also how 'old-school' has become a synonym for 'shit' with these cunts. It's not the first backhander I've seen like this from a Consolefucktard.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
markec said:
http://www.nowgamer.com/reviews/xbox-360/9474/arcania-a-gothic-tale?

"But while perusing the info there’s something you should know about the Arcania series of games: they are universally considered to be rubbish. Gothic 4 doesn’t really buck this trend, but it at least has made a few changes that make this the best the series has ever been, but that’s not really saying much."

:yikes:

This rightfully belongs in the Best Thread Ever, I think. It's been a while since I saw this much retardation, even in a "professional" review.

Shannow

Waster of Time
"David Lynch" http://www.nowgamer.com/people/363/JaggerZ

9.4 - Highest rating given to Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
"I’m a games journalist working on 360 magazine, I’ve also written for Gamestm, Play, X360 and HD Review and totally freaking in love with....(inter change game here)"
Seems my retard's become a little rusted although I get all the practice here at the codex. Could one of the newfags please translate "inter change game here" to English for me?

Game played at the moment:
Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Transformers: War For Cybertron Lego Harry Potter

I wish our own trolls were this giftedspecial. It's been a long time since I've seen so much retardation so condensed (last time I watched a Fox news snippet).

Vault Dweller said:

Reading this article translated by Babelfish has been one of the most entertaining things I've done this week. In between the incomprehensible phrases (which themselves were worth it to read) I discovered a refreshing level of sheer venom. You hardly see this in a gaming publication anymore. Even the games that suck get a few 'witty' puns and then a 7.0 slapped on them.

Angthoron

Arcane
markec said:
http://www.nowgamer.com/reviews/xbox-360/9474/arcania-a-gothic-tale?

"But while perusing the info there’s something you should know about the Arcania series of games: they are universally considered to be rubbish. Gothic 4 doesn’t really buck this trend, but it at least has made a few changes that make this the best the series has ever been, but that’s not really saying much."

:x :x :x :x

Oh wow, that was so :retarded:

Although it does offer a spot-on commentary - the new Arcania series is a pile of turd.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
Shannow said:
"David Lynch" http://www.nowgamer.com/people/363/JaggerZ

9.4 - Highest rating given to Halo: Reach (Xbox 360)
"I’m a games journalist working on 360 magazine, I’ve also written for Gamestm, Play, X360 and HD Review and totally freaking in love with....(inter change game here)"
Seems my retard's become a little rusted although I get all the practice here at the codex. Could one of the newfags please translate "inter change game here" to English for me?

It's an advert: "Publishers! Your game could be in this space."

crazy_dave

Educated
Vault Dweller said:
bhlaab said:
Vault Dweller said:
The game is fucking awful. It makes Oblivion look like a masterpiece.

Going to review it?
Too awful.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/arcania_ ... e-605.html

"...I don't think sixteen hours of drudgery is worth two good hours.

Maybe drudgery is too harsh. What Spellbound did, it did with polish. It executed the RPG genre's most basic mechanics well. Every object in the game is meticulously detailed and all the interfaces are easy to use. Not once did the game crash, and I never encountered a broken quest or even an errant pixel. "

Hey, let's give these guys a break. At least the quests aren't broken. I mean that shows some level of competence right there. And the basic RPG mechanics like interfaces and objects are done right, so what's to complain about, really?

Edit:

German Eurogamer isn't happy:

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2010-1 ... est?page=1

They say that the game has been neutered and every feature is retard-friendly. According to them it's an action-adventure with shitty dialogues.

Or New vegas?
Absolutely. Impressions in a day or two, a review in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah dude, you should definitley do it, I liked your F3 review on nma. So you can do a good job on New Vegas too.

CrimHead

Scholar
Fucktard said:
But while perusing the info there’s something you should know about the Arcania series of games: they are universally considered to be rubbish. Gothic 4 doesn’t really buck this trend, but it at least has made a few changes that make this the best the series has ever been, but that’s not really saying much.

facepalm.jpg

WHY GOD

WHY

Felix

Arcane
Implying people actually read reviews instead of just the scores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom