Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Official Kodex Kritial Konsensus Dragon Age Poll

Did you like Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes (faggot)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No (bro)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • King Comrade (nigger)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CrimHead

Scholar
Vote, bitches.

Multi-headed Cow

Voted Kingcomrade. When I first started playing it I would have said yes, but after going through it I'm not as wild about it. If they cut half the straight combat encounters I would like it more, but constantly grinding against battles that you know you're going to win unless you fall asleep at the keyboard just wasn't fun.

Apart from that major complaint, the setting was boring but I could live with it. The combat was acceptable when not hacking down small groups of weak enemies over and over. The cheesy dialog was ok, and the quests were an improvement for Bioware. I dunno bros, I started enthusiastic and then lost steam. And unlike Mass Effect 2 I took a many month break in my game until I finally worked up the strength to finish it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I liked it at first but got bored quickly. Unfortunate as it was the only game recently that had chances to be good.

TsongaKralj

Novice
I liked it for one playthough but that was about it,It only made me play BG2 again after that.I like the fact that it was somewhat challenging proper party based RPG so I enjoyed combat well enough but setting and story was pretty boring and generic(especially given the fact that they supposedly created a new setting and world).Dialogue was really,really cringeworthy and I don't even have that high standards for it,I wasn't expecting another PST but IMO even BG1 and 2 had way better dialogue,it really feels like it was written by a 15 year old teenager(especially that Alistar idiot).

One last thing I didn't like was how poor was Denerim done,honestly that's supposed to be the capital of the mighty nation? After Baldur's Gate and Athkatla we get this? Heck,Arroyo looked more impressive and that was some backwater village.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Some of the origin stories were p. cool, but it was very disappointing to find out that after you get recruited by the wardens it's the same shit for everyone. And Combat was pretty boring, felt like something out of a MMO.

So...no, I didn''t like it. Only played through the original campaign twice, to see if anything changed based on dialogue choices or origin. Never touched the expansion or any DLC.

Ancient

Erudite
TsongaKralj said:
dialogue,it really feels like it was written by a 15 year old teenager(especially that Alistar idiot).

I don't even.....

Alistair was immature and hilarious character and dragon age had some really funny moments.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Cloaked Figure said:
Honestly, I don't know how you can say the dialog was bad at all.

village_idiot.gif

ChristofferC

Magister
Dragon Age companions were cringeworthy and sometimes WTF-worthy. The party banter was just bad. Other dialog was... bland.

Overall the game was very bland and generic with too many hidden variables in the combat system and too many trash mobs.

flabbyjack said:
Hated it until I got to the NPC who asked me to buy some DLC. :love:

I've seen people mention something like this before, is this actually true?!

Any way I haven't played it so can't say, infact the latest Bioware 'rpg' that I played was Baldur's Gate II. Though perhaps I shall give it a try ones it hits the bargain bin, or when ever I feel inclined to take advantage of those great sales over at the pirate bay.

CrimHead

Scholar
Unpronounceable foreign bullshit said:
when ever I feel inclined to take advantage of those great sales over at the pirate bay.

556921-picard3_super.jpg

Son of a bitch. IS PICARD GONNA HAVE TO LAY THE SMACKDOWN ON SOME WEAK ASS NIGGERS

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I should not have to use the AWSD keys in Baldurs Gate's spiritual successor!!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked the parts that weren't filler combat. Too bad that 70-80% of the game was filler combat, so I didn't even touch any of the DLCs because I got bored of the game.

Is that a yes or a no? I dunno, I'll just stay with "good for what it was".

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
it was incredibly boring, purely formulaic and thus badly designed in just about every imaginable aspect and it didn't carter to my eaks bartle type at all, so no, i didn't like it.
Konjad said:
it was good for what it was :smug:
no, it wasn't even that.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
deus101 said:
Witcher > DA

Agreed. Not that The Witcher was something special, though.

Malakal said:
it was the only game recently that had chances to be good.

What about Risen or Drakensang(s)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom