Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
we can officially confirm that Obsidian cannot make a good Bloodlines spiritual successor.
Again? We are confirming that for the last decade.

Zer0wing

Cipher
All we've been confirming so far is that Obsidian didn't have the good engine and manpower to create an RPG in 3-D environment like New Vegas, and PoE dilogy shows that they can't just jump to isometric stuff because there are different 'how-to' rules. If they fuck up in familiar format, then it's over.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
All we've been confirming so far is that Obsidian didn't have the good engine and manpower to create an RPG in 3-D environment like New Vegas, and PoE dilogy shows that they can't just jump to isometric stuff because there are different 'how-to' rules. If they fuck up in familiar format, then it's over.

FNV didnt suck because of the engine or lack of manpower lmao... It sucked because Obsidian is utterly incompetent at creating RPGs, they did a great job with The Stick of Truth because all dialogue was already written by South Park devs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:dead:

Black Angel

Arcane

FNV didnt suck because of the engine or lack of manpower lmao... It sucked because Obsidian is utterly incompetent at creating RPGs, they did a great job with The Stick of Truth because all dialogue was already written by South Park devs.
:dead:
Fixed.

Okagron

Prophet
How do you know? You didn't played New Vegas because you thought Vulpes Inculta was the leader of the Caesar's Legion and said the game has no terminals with entries (which the game has and plenty). Get the fuck out of here and continue to be butthurt that many consider New Vegas the much better game compared to Fallout 3.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
How do you know? You didn't played New Vegas because you thought Vulpes Inculta was the leader of the Caesar's Legion and said the game has no terminals with entries (which the game has and plenty). Get the fuck out of here and go jerk off to Fallout 3.

I have about 30 hours in it. I thought Vulpes was retarded regardless of his rank. It's true that terminals are empty, check out Manny Vargas' terminal for a perfect example.

I found this review on GOG and it sums up everything there is to know about FNV. balanceofpower, 2017, 2nd page of reviews.

"Considering the glowing and effluent reviews you would have never guessed that this game was the butt of jokes for years after its release because of its instability, game-breaking bugs and overall poor presentation. But then Skyrim happened became a multi-million dollar global bestseller. That's when the internet trolls, neckbeards and other degenerate internet denizens (from sites like NMA and 4chan) declared war on everything Bethesda. Fallout: New Vegas status as a "classic" is the invented product of an orchestrated campaign and historical revisionism by these sad little trolls. New Vegas on its own terms would be a passable game, fun but not remarkable. For everything it does well it does something else poorly. The main storyline is dull and uninspired: two factions, one a nascent state bureaucracy the other a cartoonishly grimdark gang of Roman cosplayers, fighting over control of the Hoover Dam. There's a parallel story about who gets to control the Vegas Strip. By the end you get to decide which of several factions get to run things -- if you decide at all. However the game gives you absolutely no reason to side with one faction or the other or to take matters into your own hands. Most NPCs seem detached from the conflict that will decide their fate. NV has a few standout characters but most of them are pretty flat. Voicework is hit-and-miss starting with Matt "I drink way too much" Perry whose voicework for Benny was obviously phoned in between benders. Moreover, NV is also a very dull place to explore. Neverending landscapes of brown and orange are dotted with a few ruins but it lacks the exploration and mystery of the urban environments in Fallout 3/4. In truth NV isn't a bad game, it will be entertaining, but it is hardly the paragon of excellence that the internet mob of muelling man-children, envious of Bethesda's success, have made it out to be. note: this review is for the base game and not the DLC which I have not played"

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I have about 30 hours in it. I thought Vulpes was retarded regardless of his rank. It's true that terminals are empty, check out Manny Vargas' terminal for a perfect example.

I found this review on GOG and it sums up everything there is to know about FNV. balanceofpower, 2017, 2nd page of reviews.

"Considering the glowing and effluent reviews you would have never guessed that this game was the butt of jokes for years after its release because of its instability, game-breaking bugs and overall poor presentation. But then Skyrim happened became a multi-million dollar global bestseller. That's when the internet trolls, neckbeards and other degenerate internet denizens (from sites like NMA and 4chan) declared war on everything Bethesda. Fallout: New Vegas status as a "classic" is the invented product of an orchestrated campaign and historical revisionism by these sad little trolls. New Vegas on its own terms would be a passable game, fun but not remarkable. For everything it does well it does something else poorly. The main storyline is dull and uninspired: two factions, one a nascent state bureaucracy the other a cartoonishly grimdark gang of Roman cosplayers, fighting over control of the Hoover Dam. There's a parallel story about who gets to control the Vegas Strip. By the end you get to decide which of several factions get to run things -- if you decide at all. However the game gives you absolutely no reason to side with one faction or the other or to take matters into your own hands. Most NPCs seem detached from the conflict that will decide their fate. NV has a few standout characters but most of them are pretty flat. Voicework is hit-and-miss starting with Matt "I drink way too much" Perry whose voicework for Benny was obviously phoned in between benders. Moreover, NV is also a very dull place to explore. Neverending landscapes of brown and orange are dotted with a few ruins but it lacks the exploration and mystery of the urban environments in Fallout 3/4. In truth NV isn't a bad game, it will be entertaining, but it is hardly the paragon of excellence that the internet mob of muelling man-children, envious of Bethesda's success, have made it out to be. note: this review is for the base game and not the DLC which I have not played"
Holy shit you really are retarded!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How do you know? You didn't played New Vegas because you thought Vulpes Inculta was the leader of the Caesar's Legion and said the game has no terminals with entries (which the game has and plenty). Get the fuck out of here and go jerk off to Fallout 3.

The only thing this sums up is that there are retarded gamers out there. I'm sure the majority of the players who like NV are part of this "orchestrated campaign" he speaks of. Because logic.

Okagron

Prophet
It's true that terminals are empty, check out Manny Vargas' terminal for a perfect example.
That's one out of literally dozens of terminals, several with a lot of entries. If you actually played the game, you would know the terminal with the diary of the mayor of Nipton in his terminal with an entry, because you claim to have run into Vulpes Inculta. And that's not to mention Vault 11 with several terminals that have entries, detailing the life in the Vault. C'mon now, if you are gonna shit talk a game, at least play it first before doing so. And last time you claimed you played the game for 10 hours. But now it's 30? Yeah, sure you did.

And you quoted a review that claimed the game isn't bad (it's also one of those "a lot of people are just bandwagoning New Vegas because they are "envious" of Bethesda's sucess type of "review"), just flawed, yet you claim the game is a piece of shit. You are such a braindead mentally challenged fucking retard that you can't even quote sources that back up your bullshit. Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit because your shitposting isn't even fun or entertaining.

Last edited:

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
I have about 30 hours in it.
Holy shit you really are retarded if it took you 30h to get to Vulpes.

Who said that I got to him on the 30th hour? I have reinstalled the game multiple times trying to get into it.

"The only thing this sums up is that there are retarded gamers out there. I'm sure the majority of the players who like NV are part of this "orchestrated campaign" he speaks of. Because logic."

The review refers to the vocal minority who overpraise it as an attempt to diminish the achievments of other Bethesda games. Those who simply enjoy it are people who don't know better.

It's true that terminals are empty, check out Manny Vargas' terminal for a perfect example.
That's one out of literally dozens of terminals, several with a lot of entries. If you actually played the game, you would know the terminal with the diary of the mayor of Nipton in his terminal with an entry, because you claim to have run into Vulpes Inculta. And that's not to mention Vault 11 with several terminals that have entries, detailing the life in the Vault. C'mon now, if you are gonna shit talk a game, at least play it first before doing so. And last time you claimed you played the game for 10 hours. But now it's 30? Yeah, sure you did.

And you quoted a review that claimed the game isn't bad (it's also one of those "a lot of people are just bandwagoning New Vegas because they are "envious" of Bethesda's sucess type of "review"), just flawed, yet you claim the game is a piece of shit. You are such a braindead mentally challenged fucking retard that you can't even quote sources that back up your bullshit. Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit because your shitposting isn't even fun or entertaining.

That terminal is part of the main quest and is the first one you interact with that is related to the MQ. It is the equivalent or Moriarty's terminal. Tell me which one is more interesting? FNV only offers a fraction of what you can read in F3.

Maybe my shitposting isn't entertaining but your reaction is. The truth of that review gave you a 3rd degree burn.

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
hero.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
0:39
"Test your shit"

0:07, unannounced companion on the left?
hard to make out, there's no portrait and I'm having trouble reading the text.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom