Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I recall TToN having fine performance
i recall your mom having fine performance
ironic because she is also fake 2D

Y U shitpost, Rusty is correct. TTON quickly loaded massive areas, while Pillars and Disco Elysium take 5 minutes to load a broom closet.
disco elysium never loads long for me. the amount is annoying, but they load fast (unless they bloat like pillars later on)

definitely isn't pillars level where i can go to the bathroom, pee, wash my hands and it's still loading

Quillon

Arcane
Disco's loading times are no issue, you spend too much time everywhere talking to people/yourself, while in PoE you are usually passing through maps and fuck numanuma.

Prime Junta

Disco's loading times are no issue, you spend too much time everywhere talking to people/yourself, while in PoE you are usually passing through maps and fuck numanuma.

That's a bit strong. They are an annoyance, and unfortunately they're at their most annoying in the starting area. You're gonna hit four of them in the first 15 minutes of the game.

Some of the later areas are a good deal bigger and you do spend a lot more time in them so they're much less irritating... but it is unfortunate that it's 2019 and we still have to stare at blinking dots on a screen whenever we go through a fukken door.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Strange info on loading screen https://youtu.be/_GFrZgko5pw?t=120

So this is the ONLY colony that's owned by corporations!?

Well there's a lot of modifiers in there. First of it refers to the *Edge of the frontier*, so that doesn't preclude any other colonies closer to earth. Secondly *distinguished* may mean that there are other known colonies owned by different corps that they are setting themselves apart from. Typical marketing speech in that sense *Come to us, not to those boozos*.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It makes sense that most colonies "on the edge of the frontier" would be at least nominally controlled by whatever still passes as the legitimate national governments on Earth. Corporations wouldn't normally need to go that far afield. The game gives the impression that the Halcyon colony is some wacky corporate venture gone wrong, not a typical thing.

But it could also be marketing bullshit, sure.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I honestly don't mind loading screens with big open areas. Might as well take a break for a cup of tea.

Loading small interiors Pillars/DE style is quite annoying though. You spend 3 minutes picking the area clean then you have to go outside and there's another loading screen.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Are loading screens actually a problem in 2019? With modern day SSDs and rigs?

Just look out the window at gaze at the beauty of the world, or tell your wife/co-worker/gay-bi-friend/homeless person, and ENJOY life

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They would do that. Can't have actual satire of capitalism.

t. Epic & Microsoft

Annoyingly preachy mocking of capitalism makes me roll my eyes pretty hard, since the alternatives are universally shit. You've gotta mock its faults and the extreme versions of it without sounding like fucking Chairman Mao.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow. What's the rush, fellas? Save something for launch week.

Game Informer publishing excerpts from their podcast:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom