Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luzur

Good Sir
Watching Cohh's playthrough right now.

I was planning on starting on Supernova, but saving at just your ship sounds like a huge chore. I'm on board with the survival mechanics and companion permadeath, I can live with no fast travel, and if it was something like you can only save at your ship and at settlements, that'd be fine, but going all the way back to your ship just to save sounds *horrendous.*

I know you can fast travel to your ship, is there, like, a transport service of some kind otherwise?

hexer

I was planning on starting on Supernova, but saving at just your ship sounds like a huge chore. I'm on board with the survival mechanics and companion permadeath, I can live with no fast travel, and if it was something like you can only save at your ship and at settlements, that'd be fine, but going all the way back to your ship just to save sounds *horrendous.*

I know you can fast travel to your ship, is there, like, a transport service of some kind otherwise?

I watched him too, he's just going around looting for the last hour or so... nothing exciting going on.

And I also managed to watch a whole minute of "Twitch plays the Outer Worlds".
Whoever thought of that deserves a Darwin's Award.

:excellent:

Duraframe300

Arcane

There are autosave slots on Supernova. You still have to go back to your ship to sleep though.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I watched him too, he's just going around looting for the last hour or so... nothing exciting going on.

Monkeys on a typewriter. The draw of the whole thing is also the excitement when something actually works and comical situations that pop up when it doesn't.

They also managed to beat Dark Souls this way.

Last edited:

hexer

Monkeys on a typewriter. The draw of the whole thing is also the excitement when something actually works and comical situations that pop up when it doesn't.

They also managed to beat Dark Souls once this way.

The video speaks for itself :lol:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not sure why people would pick Supernova difficulty. Seems super autistic.

Let's spend an extra amount of time traveling around empty spaces and backtracking because of no fast travels.
Eating, sleeping and all that shit is just extra annoyances to deal with, and doesnt really add shit. Realism in a quirky space-adventure? Gimme a fuckin break.

Wow I'm having SO MUCH FUN guys, trying to micromanage the game and spending my life dealing with food, water and sleep, because its just like real life rite, lel.
HARDc0Re ironman playthroughs

Quillon

Arcane

Let's spend an extra amount of time traveling around empty spaces and backtracking because of no fast travels.
Eating, sleeping and all that shit is just extra annoyances to deal with, and doesnt really add shit. Realism in a quirky space-adventure? Gimme a fuckin break.

Wow I'm having SO MUCH FUN guys, trying to micromanage the game and spending my life dealing with food, water and sleep, because its just like real life rite, lel.

Yep, wish there was an option with only the enemy difficulty of zuppernoway.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Yep, wish there was an option with only the enemy difficulty of zuppernoway.

That's hard. I don't think there's a huge difference on that between hard and supernova.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
In theory having a hunger system and survival system is great, in reality going through your inventory constantly every 10 minutes is shit, and you're right this is supposed to be a fun space game, not for autistic people

Elex

Arbiter

I have zero idea why this guy is so popular. I watched his Elex and Kingdom Come playthroughs. He spends 70% of his time looting and browsing inventory.
he is generally the only only one that play every rpg released.

Murk

Arcane
Watching the affable fatman (Dan's gaming) play it and he just described the hardcore mode as "You have to fast travel back to the base, save, then manually go to the next location".

They may have braindeaded on this "feature" pretty hard there.

What's weird is that even on this hardcore mode stuff like damage numbers, or the aiming reticle turning red when on an enemy is in... you'd think that sort of stuff would be hidden, but maybe I'm just used to Metro's style.

edit: The game still doesn't look appealing to me in both the visual style and the interface. Will hold off until a Trusted Codex Source(tm) confirms/denies it's quality.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom