Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE RPG AND FPS MADE A BABY

Makagor

Liturgist
But, it's got 87 bazillion guns! How could you pass that up?

Pliskin

Arbiter
Makagor said:
But, it's got 87 bazillion guns! How could you pass that up?

Yah, I lurv games that push that line.

Then, upon release, every munchkin player spams the boards with "which is the best gun and where do I find it?", effectively putting all thet effort to waste.

Why the hell bother?

Multi-headed Cow

I thought I made a post in this thread but I don't see it. Was it all a dream? :?:
I'll make it again in case I typed a post and then closed the browser.

I like this trailer. If you ignore the retarded words like THE RPG AND FPS MADE A BABY and... ALL the words, and ignore that Borderlands will most likely be horrible like Hellgate London (I'd be happy to be wrong) then the trailer's nice. I like the music, the 3D color splatters, and the cuts to gameplay. It's nicely put together.

ElectricOtter

God, such shit advertising nowadays.

BUT ITZ GOT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY GUNZ

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nothing wrong with a shooter that has some RPG elements.
And that trailer obviously doesn't take itself too serious...

Can't you guys go to some emo forum for your whining?

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE jokes in 3...2...1...

Imbecile

Arbiter
There seems to be some oddball perception that a shooter cant possibly be an RPG.
Is it just me or is this plainly bollocks?

DriacKin

Arbiter
Wow. These trailer is making it seem like they're the first studio to ever create an FPS with slight RPG mechanics.
Have they never heard of Deus Ex, System Shock, or VtM:B?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
FeelTheRads said:
What about it, fatso?
What about posting intelligently without throwing childish insults into the mix?

Oh, sorry. Forgot who I was talking to for a minute there.

fastpunk

Arbiter
DriacKin said:
Wow. These trailer is making it seem like they're the first studio to ever create an FPS with slight RPG mechanics.
Have they never heard of Deus Ex, System Shock, or VtM:B?

Wait, so Bloodlines is a shooter now? I spent most of time sneaking around and hacking shit with a rusty fire axe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom