Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE RPG AND FPS MADE A BABY

Darkion

Augur
Total Fail! It wouldn't pass the David Gaider test (slutty token female not slutty enough) or the Todd Howard test (no exploding heads action that never gets old). FAIL!

spekkio

Arcane
3. What the fuck is with that nickname, GTFO weeaboo faggot
:(
I think you're being too emotional about it.
:)

Also:
-1 for commenting on Chrono-Trigger reference in nick,
-1 for not commenting on avatar.

FAIL!

spekkio said:
-1 for not commenting on avatar.

You don't get it do you. I didn't comment because it was good. On Codex, if something is good you don't talk about it. You only talk about shit.

dragonfk

Erudite
spekkio said:
Pros:
1) Sense of humor:
- check this video. Maybe not funny per se, but as promotional material it's p. cool I think. Compare recent DE trailers.

HAHAHAHA Christian Bale! :D

Dickweed

Educated
Emotional Vampire said:
FACT: Only weeaboos would know that was a weeaboo reference.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dickweed said:
Emotional Vampire said:
It's a known fact that EV watches anime, he just whines about everything (what he like included).

Vipera

Scholar
And there I was thinking the thread had a lame title, only to find that it was taken verbatim from the trailer...

Vipera

Scholar
abew.jpg

Even Abe thinks this game looks like shit. Not that he can really change his expression.

Trithne

Erudite
Well, Deus Ex didn't have damage numbers and flashing LEVEL UP signs. Which is why this is apparently an RPG. Because damage numbers and levels mean RPG.

WhiskeyWolf said:
Dickweed said:
Emotional Vampire said:
It's a known fact that EV watches anime, he just whines about everything (what he like included).

I used to watch animu and play jRPGs. Then I grew the fuck up.

I am ashamed but do not hide it.

Ch1ef

Scholar
franc kaos said:
Peter said:
So wait, they're re-releasing FO3?

The video looks cool. If they get the RPG mechanics better than Fallout3 (ie decent story and background world), and the shooter mechanics like HL2, Quake etc, along with a survivalist vibe (get shot in the leg and have it effect gameplay until healed), it could be cool.

The graphics look much better than F3, like a 3D comic.

But probably, if there is dialogue it'll be one way ala HL2, or even worse, faux two way, ala Mass Effect, and the RPG mechanics will entail upgrading your gun.

EDIT: Beth should show their animators that video then sack the lot of them.
HL2 and Quake have same shooter mechanics? Realy?
D00de, Half-Life 2 is Fallout 3 of the FPS. Even worse. In fact... much worse...
But i can see that you don't have a lot of FPS experience, so i will not rape your ass this time :wink: .

JrK

Prophet
Gameplay looks shit. The same type of consolified aiming going on. Even though you could play Bioshock or FC2 with mouse, it still felt slow and inprecise. I'm expecting the same shit with this game.

Vipera

Scholar
JrK said:
Gameplay looks shit. The same type of consolified aiming going on. Even though you could play Bioshock or FC2 with mouse, it still felt slow and inprecise. I'm expecting the same shit with this game.
I don't know what people are expecting when a game's controls are changed from a keyboard and mouse layout to a controller layout or vice versa. A game can be designed for both, but one platform is going to be clunkier than the other in most cases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom