Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FDC

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If we're going to try a Cunning Plan again sometime, it might be a good idea to get Tzeentch on our good side. Slaanesh and Nurgle both favor us. Khorne is a lost cause. Let's do a threesome?
As to Entek and the sorcerer, let them help, but without exposing themselves to undue danger.
Oh, and Lena should try to smarten up a bit. Rushing through Imperial positions? Nope. Parlay with mutants? If we had Detox, sure. No, let's try a third approach.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If we're going to try a Cunning Plan again sometime, it might be a good idea to get Tzeentch on our good side. Slaanesh and Nurgle both favor us. Khorne is a lost cause. Let's do a threesome?
Agreed, but I dunno how Nurgle Boy and Hooker can do the Tzeentchian sculptan.

oscar

Arcane
Heh feeling vindicated. Nothing ever indicated we were anything special upstairs.

D. Looks like we're going everyone but Khorne but I'd like to keep the Prince of Pleasure first among equals.
D. After the debacle with the rebels we could do with some less freakish followers (and hopefully win these ones to Slaneesh).
A. We should be able to sneak past any stragglers if only via our lack of numbers.

lightbane

Arcane
Good thing this isn't a root's CYOA. Otherwise, we would have been killed horribly.

Can anyone with WHK lore tell my who/what the hell the boy likely is?
That thing is most likely a Daemon Prince, a former CHAOS! follower that attained Daemonhood in one way or another, becoming a being made of EVIL Warp stuff, bad intentions and awesome power. The downside is that upon doing so, you're pretty much enslaved to the Chaos God that ascended you, lest you risk its ire and devolve you into a Chaos Spawn (a mindless chaos mutant). On the other hand, you become effectively immortal, so it's not that bad of a career choice. Anyway, my votes:

1.C. I want to see Hooker try to doing that "impossible" statue. If Tzeench notices and blesses her with sorcerous power, even better.
2. E: Use the techpriest's technomagic sacred knowledge to jam the IG's weaponry, while the Sorcerer throws lightning bolts or something.
3. E: Attempt to shoot the kid again to force a bad end. B.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Agreed, but I dunno how Nurgle Boy and Hooker can do the Tzeentchian sculptan.

But it's not them building the sculpture, it's the mutants themselves.

CDC

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The ogryn survived probably because he was tied with the little boy. I'm wagering we can buddy up with the ogryn later, if we play our cards right. Which in turn probably means we should look for an avenue of escape that would also admit an ogryn-sized runner.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
F>E>D - Nothing wrong with hubris! A nice statue to Lena. Sure! (I fully expect this to piss some gods off. But... Well, it's a step to daemonic ascension. Overreaching is fun)
D - Good way to help them out without dying to friendly fire. Entek and Sorc aren't tanks.
B>C - Becoming worshiped by a bunch of sewer horrors might be fun.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
CBB
I'm all for patching things up with Khorne, but his favor is won in battle, not by kissing up.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
CBB
I'm all for patching things up with Khorne, but his favor is won in battle, not by kissing up.
I really doubt we're ever going to get all four on our side. I think only Nurgle gets along with him anyway, and meanwhile we can suck up to the other two by pissing off Khorne all the time.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, we're Slaaneshi through and through, which means that there is no getting along with him, unless we're going for the Undivided route, but we can not be on his immediate hit list if we play it smart.
We had to off the previous Captain because he was dangerous to us, but fucking with the God of War personally is only funny until you get strangled with your own spine.

Endemic

Arcane
Hooker and Detox: C
Entek and Sorcerer: A
Lena: E: Try the sewers first then search for alternate routes if the former are impassable.

Esquilax

Arcane
Cheesecake, I think you forgot my votes. No biggie, as I suspect it wouldn't have changed much. The only thing I'm butthurt about is suddenly deciding that Lena is some sort of brilliant general out of nowhere.

Go big or go home (and by "go home" I mean, suffer for all eternity as the dark gods feast upon your soul). A statue to Lena! I suspect being the focus of the mutant's beliefs will increase Lena's power, at the terrible cost of pissing off the dark gods. Failing that, I suppose we should go with Papa Nurgle.

F > C

Cheesecake, how good is the Sorcerer at dealing with people? Is he the sociable sort? I want to know if he is the type of guy who can negotiate. Anyways, since I don't know the context of the situation or who would benefit us at the moment (perhaps someone can offer up an argument), I think it would be best to wash our hands of this.

B

I suspect that Lena is rather familiar to a lot of Guardsmen, and someone that striking will have some trouble blending in. Off to the sewers then, I suppose.

B

Cheesecake

Savant
Cheesecake, I think you forgot my votes. No biggie, as I suspect it wouldn't have changed much. The only thing I'm butthurt about is suddenly deciding that Lena is some sort of brilliant general out of nowhere.

Cheesecake, how good is the Sorcerer at dealing with people? Is he the sociable sort? I want to know if he is the type of guy who can negotiate. Anyways, since I don't know the context of the situation or who would benefit us at the moment (perhaps someone can offer up an argument), I think it would be best to wash our hands of this.

... whoops. Sorry, dude! Won't let it happen again. :salute:

The Sorcerer is very good at manipulation, intrigue, and JUST AS PLANNED. Negotiation, lying and political intrigue are his forte. (Note: all IC knowledge I give you is based off of what Lena would know, by the way. ;) )

Cheesecake, is Doomrider a part of your LP, or do you consider the previous canon of him being killed?

I didn't know Doomrider was killed off... Although, I didn't know much about him anyway :P I'll try to steer away from canon characters and make my own, though they (canon characters) do exist in this LP. It might be awhile before Lena and crew get to play with the big boys of the galaxy. ;)

No update today, sorry :( Gotta do something for school. Unrelated, but I won like USD 40 (P2000) in a writing contest!

Baltika9

Arcane
I didn't know Doomrider was killed off... Although, I didn't know much about him anyway
There's the old canon where a Khornate (iirc) champion killed him and the new canon says that the White Scars chopped his head off and kept it as a trophy after a huge battle. The head is still alive.
I dunno, seeing as we went Full Slaanesh straight out of the gate, it would be a missed opportunity if I didn't ask about one of Chaos' most awesome daemon princes.

oscar

Arcane
You can turn off the Tapatalk signature ya know Brazlil (full not quick post).

Esquilax

Arcane
... whoops. Sorry, dude! Won't let it happen again. :salute:

No problem. It can be hard to keep track of a lot of votes, especially when you've got the update figured out in your head already.

The Sorcerer is very good at manipulation, intrigue, and JUST AS PLANNED. Negotiation, lying and political intrigue are his forte. (Note: all IC knowledge I give you is based off of what Lena would know, by the way. ;) )

Is that so? Baltika9 oscar Nevill

With our character's skills in mind, I really think that we ought to take a more active role in this little skirmish. Who do we support, however? I think that The Brazilian Slaughter is correct in that these renegades aren't just your standard deserters, and that there is likely more to it, but saving these IG's could give us a great way to worm ourselves inside and see what the guards are up to. Thoughts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom