Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Saint_Proverbius Question

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by oldmanpaco, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There have been some brilliant mods we could have done newsposts for. I always thought it was strange we had an initial newspost for the very rough initial release of the Fallout Nevada english translation, but not one for the final release.

So yeah, I agree more mod stuff would be good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes.

• nice x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady Error
    Strap Yourselves In
    It's an addiction to getting money for placing gambling links on the front page. And it actually makes sense to place those on a gaming website. I also keep getting offers to place gambling links on my website about languages, which of course has nothing to do with that topic.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    That'd be sweet.

^ Top  
  5. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    What are some of these brilliant mods? 99.99% of mods are pure garbage, or the author's house rules.

^ Top  
  6. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    Counter-Strike
    Desert Combat
    Team Fortress Classic
    Daggerfall Unity
    Circle of Eight
    Median XL
    JA2 1.13
    Wesp5 's VTMB mod
    Prophecy of Pendor
    OpenXcom

just to name a few..

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    Gregz right, but we’re talking in the context of a news post, so presumably it would be something with a significant update in the past 12 months. I don’t think any of those qualify.

^ Top  
  8. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    If we're unaware of breakthrough mods in the past 12 months, it might be because they get no press.

I enjoyed this one, but only because I was lucky enough to see it mentioned once in shoutbox.

The Hell 2 mod - Mod DB

^ Top  
  9. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    You also didn’t quote any, so.... do they exist?

^ Top  
  10. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    I don't spend my time combing through mod review sites, thus, the need for someone to do the investigative reporting for us. I only ever found out about most of those mods by seeing someone else playing them in college, or world of mouth.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    Perhaps there just aren’t many, Gregz ? You did list a lot of good mods, stretching back to the late 90s.

I just don’t think there are many, but yes The Hell is an interesting mod, and #2 may be interesting as well.

The point being there isn’t much in the mod space that is actually worth covering, unless you take a quantity over quality approach.

btw, if you want to catch info about mods for specific games, check out their respective threads. That’s where I found out about The Hell - the Diablo / Diablo mods threads.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Would you consider things like OpenTESArena? This just had an update yesterday.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    I don’t know, that’s just a video. Should it be considered? Was there a major milestone that made it a way to play Arena entirely?

^ Top  
  14. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Nah, it's not close to being fully playable yet. You can read the full release notes here: https://github.com/afritz1/OpenTESArena/releases

^ Top  
  15. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    The biggest question is why the founding father of this forum, after 12+ years away from being a regular on his own community, suddenly woke up one morning and thought "I'm going to spend my days posting news on an Internet forum again!"

Saint_Proverbius can you answer this question that's on everyone's mind?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    Arena is very underrated.

I liked that music. The first time you are outside of a city at night, having no clue of where you are, and hearing that somber music starting to play... it's a gaming experience like none other.

Sadly I fear these Arena and Daggerfall remakes are always going to remain in development hell, broken and incomplete, forever to be pet projects for their creators to toy with, never becoming anything ressembling to fully working, feature complete games.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I was talking in general over the last few years. I also used Fallout Nevada as an example.

We had a single newspost about an extremely rough initial release of the english translation back in 2017 but nothing when it got a more polished release later.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    enderal

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    There's the Might and Magic Merge mod, at the very least.

^ Top  
  20. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Yep, enjoying that a lot. Good shout from Sseth.

^ Top  
  21. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Shoutbox more.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    I can give a straight answer. He's left the rat race for homesteading and now has the time and inclination to post news.

• incline incline x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Fallout 1.5, Nevada and Sonora. Translation of these mods in English was a good enough reason to make a newspost about them; Sonora is not yet translated so its translation definitely should be in news

Also, Mutants Rising and Yesterday which are yet to be released

^ Top  
  24. Kev Inkline Arcane Patron

Kev Inkline
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    No, the gay question is mostly on your mind, to be quite frank.

• nice nice x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Damn, Roguey. SPOILERS, much?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.